Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Losing spirituality

Rate this topic

Salam,

It's really hard to explain this, but do you guys just remember that one time when you had soo much iman and taqwa! When you felt soo spiritual, and connected to Allah.

The problem is that I feel a lot of it has been lost. I have defs gained more knowledge but it feels all mechanical. It's like I'm doing everything without being able to contemplate. I don't want all my good deeds to be turned into dust.

I wanna taste the sweetness of iman again, because I know what it felt like. I'm not sure if I'm just being confused or over critical. Something doesn't feel right.

Do you guys go though this?

We live a routine of which worship becomes just another part, that's the problem. The point of a routine is that you do things out of habit, sometimes on auto-pilot. But the point of worship and connection with Allah is that you're conscious of Him, and that it doesn't become something you do on auto-pilot.

Ask yourself whether you're truly talking to Allah when reading Qur'an/Dua and praying. Are you really trying to be conscious and aware of Allah right that moment, are you trying to stay focused on maintaining that consciousness throughout worship? Or has it become the act of a body on auto-pilot, while your mind is just numb and asleep?

What works for me is to realize my own consciousness and existence, from there awareness of Allah automatically follows. Or try to ''envision'' Allah's presence. Not in any physical way, but just think about His reality, that you know he's there. When you talk to Allah, realize that he's listening, don't just talk or read the Dua out of habit. Constantly remind yourself of the fact that Allah is listening. The moment you feel the sweetness of mercy you can stop focussing, that feeling is sufficient to have you stay conscious.

Edited by DarConall

وَعَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

Respected brother @ali_fatheroforphans

Do not worry when you feel less in Emaan. You are a shia and a lover of Mohammad(saww) o Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww).

So remember this thing, They(asws) call you near when it is better for you and they(asws) send you far when it is better for you. So do not be worried.

I don't remember the entire narration but a guy used to go at the door of an Imam(asws) and he would always be sent back from the door itself without him meeting the Imam(asws), It went for quite sometime, he got upset, later something took place in his life through which he realised that sending him back from the door was itself good for him.

So do not worry. They(asws) do not abandon their followers and lovers.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother @ali_fatheroforphans

Insh'Allah you are well and in good health.

It is important brother that you practice what you already know.

For example, you know it is good to help your parents.  It's one thing you know and another to implement it.  

There are two ways to get to know Allah swt. (m3rifat, recognition of God)

1) Through the universe

2) Through ourselves

6:00

What is 3lim (knowledge) and what is m3rifiat (congnition)?

Self-knowledge

What are the paths or ways I can follow to know ourselves?  Self awareness, self discovery  Third stage:  What can I do to continue to know myself?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Iman is cyclical and it goes up and down. During times of ghafla it is recommended to pray a voluntary salat, even if it is just two short units. You can try exposing yourself to new parts of the religion, things you are not used to reading or doing. Sometimes just finding a new reciter can bring your spirit up.

8 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

You can try exposing yourself to new parts of the religion, things you are not used to reading or doing.

This is very true! I've noticed that when I don't consistently learn something new about Islam, my heart feels dead and dry (if that's the right way to put it).

just as a fyi, Meaning behind the Rituals. 

(iii) Sajdah: Daily Reminder of the Purpose of Life

Sajdah is the last part in each cycle of salāt; it is the part where you prostrate in such a way that your forehead, both palms, both knees and the big toes of both feet are touching the ground. Sajdah is to be done twice in each cycle: one should go into the first sajdah, then sit upright for a moment, and then go into the second sajdah.

Imam ‘Ali bin Abi Tālib (a.s.) was once asked why we have two sajdahs in each cycle of salāt. The reply that the Imam gave shows that sajdah (like many other parts of the ritual prayer) has a symbolic meaning also. He said,

“While you are in the first sajdah, you are saying [to God] `From it [the earth] You have created me.'
While getting up from the first sajdah, you are saying `From it You have taken me out.'
When you go into the second sajdah, you are saying `To it You will return me.'
While getting up from the second sajdah, you are saying, `From it You will take me out again.'”

In this hadith, the holy Imam has actually applied the following verse to the sajdah:

“From it We have created you, and to it We shall return you, and from it We shall take you out again.” (20:55)

If you study this hadith carefully, you will realize that:

1. You have been created from the earth. Remembering your origin will not allow you to be arrogant and proud on the basis of race or wealth.

2. Getting up from the first sajdah is like our birth, going down into the second sajdah is like death and getting up from the second sajdah is like resurrection. This symbolic meaning will never let us forget the day of judgment and the life hereafter.

3. It also shows that this worldly life is symbolically nothing more than a few moments that you sit between the two sajdahs.

This insight into the philosophy of sajdah will surely transform your salāt from a mere ritual to a practical reminder about your origin, the transient nature of this world and your ultimate destination in the hereafter.

https://www.al-islam.org/islam-faith-practice-history-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/lesson-26-islams-spiritual-program-2#iii-sajdah-daily-reminder-purpose-life

Tell you the truth, this is a good built-in gradual upward trend with lots of mini drops in between. 

Had it not been like so, all of us would have been exhausted to the bits. 

Just hang on and keep sticking to your good habits InshaAllah.

Tell you the truth, this is a good built-in gradual upward trend with lots of mini drops in between. 

Had it not been like so, all of us would have been exhausted to the bits. 

Just hang on and keep sticking to your good habits InshaAllah.