Abbas01

Lucid Dream

Rate this topic

A sheikh who visited my religious centre said that our dreams can serve as a reflection/indication of our spiritual status.

He was also saying how the more spiritually developed a person gets the less he dreams. Eventually, it comes to a point where dreaming does not occur. After this point, the person starts to dream again but correctly...

He didn’t really go into the details but it was quite interesting. 

Lol so if you don’t dream that much then I guess it’s a good thing! 

Edited by AStruggler

4 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Lol so if you don’t dream that much then I guess it’s a good thing! 

Or he has a malfunction and he is unable to reach properly the deep sleep state. Like persons suffering of sleep apnea.

Edited by Abu Ali ibn Sina

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother @Abbas01

It is common with many people that they do not remember their dreams so no worries.

Also remember this thing if Allah wishes to show you meaningful dreams then you will surely remember those dreams, rest of the dreams nevermind about it.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, Abu Ali ibn Sina said:

Or he has a malfunction and he is unable to reach properly the deep sleep state. Like persons suffering of sleep apnea.

I think this is the REM sleep stage you’re talking about.

Most dreams are forgotten. 

1 hour ago, AStruggler said:

I think this is the REM sleep stage you’re talking about.

Most dreams are forgotten. 

Actually the REM (rapid eye movement) sleep stage, where you have most of your dreams, happens after the Deep sleep stage (stage 4). After that either you start a new sleep cycle or you wake up.

It's like a wave, you fall asleep, you reach stage 1, then stage 2, 3 and 4 (that's the Non-REM stages) after that the REM stage begins, this is a normal sleep cycle.

So, if a person is unable to reach the Deep sleep stage, his REM sleep stage can be disturbed.

Capture+_2018-12-18-23-03-55.png

On 12/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, Abbas01 said:

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters, id like to know how to lucid dream effectively and remember my dreams everynight.

Any help would be appreciated :)

There is a difference between a lucid dream, where you are conscious that you are in a dream during the dream, and remembering a part of a dream when you wake up.

In the first case you can choose what you want to do during the dream and you remember the dream for a long time.

In the second case you are conscious that you were dreaming only after waking up and you may forget the dream a few hours later.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, Abbas01 said:

how to lucid dream effectively and remember my dreams everynight.

Not sure if it's worth the effort, or if it's even a good thing but, the way to go about it-->

first thing you have to do is keep a dream journal that you should write in as soon as you wake up. Write whatever you remember from the dream, if anything. Then read through what you wrote later on in the day. Rinse and repeat everyday, and you will remember more of your dreams over time.

Second step is to repeat to yourself a trick in order that you recognize you are in the dream, and also to keep the dream stable - anytime you enter a dream or feel you lose control, look at your hands or look at the ground. Over a very long period of time, you will slowly gain more and more control over your lucid dreams.

Persist with the above for a long time (years) and apparently only then will you achieve complete control over your lucid dreams.

Someone who has a high spiritual state may appear as if he is sleeping but he is in fact not sleeping.  For him, “deep sleep”? A dream and “wakefulness” are all the same or are all equal and a continuous whole.   He doesn’t perceive them as three different states or realms.

Our Noble Prophet (S) said:

Verily, we among the prophets, our eyes will sleep yet our hearts do not sleep.

قَالَ إِنَّا مَعْشَرَ الأَنْبِيَاءِ تَنَامُ أَعْيُنُنَا وَلا تَنَامُ قُلُوبُنَا