Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ejaz

The Threat of Social Media

Yair Netanyahu, 27, barred for 24 hours for anti-Muslim and anti-Palestinian comments

Miriam Berger in Jerusalem

Benjamin Netanyahu with his son Yair in Jerusalem in 2015  Yair Netanyahu (right) with his father in Jerusalem in 2015. Photograph: Thomas Coex/AFP/Getty Images

The son of the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, has been temporarily banned from Facebook after a series of anti-Muslim and anti-Palestinian posts the social network said broke its rules on hate speech.

Yair Netanyahu, the eldest of the prime minister’s children, has previously stoked controversy on his social media platforms, echoing his father’s message that Israel’s media and left are against him.

He posted a meme last year mocking some of his father’s critics, including the liberal Jewish financier George Soros, which many Jewish groups, including the Anti-Defamation league, said was antisemitic.

تصÙ�Û�ر Ù�رتبط   Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªfacebook banned son of netanyahuâ�¬â�� Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªfacebook banned son of netanyahuâ�¬â��

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/ADL-condemns-Yair-Netanyahus-antisemitic-meme-neo-Nazi-site-approves-504673

After two Israeli soldiers were killed, Netanyahu called for revenge. When Facebook removed that post, he wrote in another post, since removed, that Facebook was “trying to shut our mouths in the only place where we have the right to express our opinions”.

He continued: “Hamas, Hezbollah and the Iranian regime have official pages on Facebook. There are also endless pages calling for the destruction of Israeland the murder of Jews. Thousands of violent and extreme left-wing posts against me and my family, including threats of physical violence and immoral murder threats.”

While Netanyahu’s political posts and attacks on Facebook resonate among some Israelis, less popular are scandals over his public access. Last year, Israeli media released a recording from a few years ago of Netanyahu on a night out with friends at a strip club, during which he makes misogynistic statements and asks to borrow money from the son of one of his father’s friends.

The prime minister’s critics have attacked Yair for living in his father’s residence and having a driver, bodyguard and other perks despite not having any official government role.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Imam Khamenei: Cyberspace-and-social-media-are-more-powerful-than-nuclear-bombs

Today, media are the most important weapon in the war between powers. Even the greatest powers are working with media. Today, the influence of media, television networks, art and great internet networks is much more than that of weapons, missiles and atomic bombs. Today's world is such a world. They are expanding this arena on a daily basis. May 17, 2004

This is because cyberspace is really a growing and unstoppable world. There is no end to this world. No matter how hard we look, the thing that is infinite and endless is cyberspace. The more we move forward in this world, the more it continues. This presents great opportunities for every country. And it involves certain threats as well. We should do something to make the most of the opportunities and to keep the threats at bay as much as possible. 
Aug 24, 2016

I have written down a number of those capabilities of ours that are the target of most enmities:

The first is Islamic faith: ........

If you are interested in social networks and in cyberspace, you know and understand well what I am referring to. They are using all methods to undermine our Islamic faith. What does “our” refer to? Does it refer to me, a seventy, eighty-year old man? No, they are not worried about us. They want to undermine the faith of the generation that appeared after us and the generations after that. And certain efforts are being made to that end. Well, a source of our power and our capability is our Islamic faith which is a target of their enmity. 

Jun 14, 2016

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/4952/Cyberspace-and-social-media-are-more-powerful-than-nuclear-bombs

image.png

image.png

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/7-social-media-tips-to-learn-from-the-ayatollah-khamenei-in-images/

https://medium.com/@bonyana/imam-khamenei-nations-desire-for-domestic-social-network-is-source-of-delight-74989d028f91

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5590/Imam-Khamenei-s-fatwa-Invading-users-privacy-on-social-media

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

@Ashvazdanghe that's very interesting how I don't follow Khamenei at all, but he has said the same things about social media that I have been saying for a while.

I'd have to point out that if he believes that Islamic faith is the religion that is the most under attack on the internet, that he must not read the comments left on the YouTube videos of Christians. These comments, if you took the words "Jesus/Bible" & replaced them with "Muhammad/Quran" would almost certainly cause some sort of violent reprisal (which I don't condone because I don't believe that religion nor the God who establishes it to need humans to defend it's/his honor & see as brutal and antithetical to the nature of a merciful higher power).

You see, political correctness from the Western left teaches that Islam is a religion tied to having "brown skin" & thus, they do not criticize it lest they be called racist despite Islam by what I see not sharing any values with Western leftist secular ideology (LGBTQ "pride", the soft bigotry of low expectations for people of color, atheism, "feminism" aka misandry, communism, hatred of anything traditional, abortion, etc)

I guess the saying "great minds think alike" is true. I'd love to have a conversation with the Imam & see what he would have to say about some of my other ideas.

6 hours ago, GD41586 said:

people don't like what you have to say so they don't unfriend you, but mark that they "don't like this content" or "show me less like this" which works as a means to effectively turn off the voice or filter out similar opinions or stories.

6 hours ago, GD41586 said:

the problem of the filter bubble & feedback loop

As l wrote on another thread, this is also a means of socio-political control. People, young people especially, like to get a "Like" so they modify their thinking to conform with this wish, change their wordings and so forth.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:35 AM, hasanhh said:

As l wrote on another thread, this is also a means of socio-political control. People, young people especially, like to get a "Like" so they modify their thinking to conform with this wish, change their wordings and so forth.

I will like ur comment so u write more like this hehe

To retweet or not retweet ? Accountability for our Actions ,Maulsna Syed muhammad Rizvi 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:15 PM, Ejaz said:

what do you think about this video by our sunni brothers? Should we stop using facebook or limit it to liking safe pages without manipulation?

I think they see Dajjal everywhere but by definition from Dajjal they are his best servants ,they forbid everyone from using it but use it in their behalf to spread radical views & defaming Islam but we are still weak in using social media & hardly can use it to spread true message of Shia Islam that is true path but by weakness highly neglected in social media .

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

To retweet or not retweet ? Accountability for our Actions ,Maulsna Syed muhammad Rizvi 

I think they see Dajjal everywhere but by definition from Dajjal they are his best servants ,they forbid everyone from using it but use it in their behalf to spread radical views & defaming Islam but we are still weak in using social media & hardly can use it to spread true message of Shia Islam that is true path but by weakness highly neglected in social media .

Salam bro thanks for your input but I think not all of them are like this only extreme ones especially from Saudi influence / payroll...  and Dajjal symbols are present in a lot of media so u are right we need to do something for Shi’a media like Islamic pulse on YouTube.