Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Asghar Ali Karbalai

Taqleed of today's Scholar

Rate this topic

On 12/16/2018 at 12:55 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

@IbnSina

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother

Please share your learnings and your practice.

Ws,

On 12/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Q. Are you in Taqleed?.

Yes.

Q. If yes, then why?.

Because I do not have the time nor the resources nor the ability to study every question I might face when I want the islamic answer to it. Such as questions connected to Islamic fiqh.

Kindly explain what Moula Ali(asws) means to say when he is saying, Blind taqleed is kufr in Nehj ul Balagha?.

Any fatwa from a mujtahid should always be compared to the message of the Holy Quran and the hadiths we have. If for example a marja would make a fatwa that says we are allowed to eat pork, that would go straight against what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has told us. Or if for example a marja said that we should send laana on the holy Imams(as) then that would go straight against the hadiths we have.

That is my understanding of the saying that we should not do "blind" taqleed.

I am going away from Taqleed because of everyday issues and discrepancies about our Iran and Iraq Scholars. And durood being changed unfortunately to Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad.

And because of celebrating eid among our scholars on different days and because of fatwa AGAINST 'matam e 3rd Qibla'. Beating yourself.

Taqlid is wajib as far as I know in the Ja'fari school of thought (named after Imam Jafar as Sadiq(as)). Unless you yourself become informed and knowledgeable enough to derive your own rulings, this takes years and years of hawza study, then you will have to turn to someone more knowledgeable for rulings on different issues, its very rational in my opinion.

I have never heard anyone saying that in Salawat but I guess you can find anything if you look long enough online, I saw for example a video during mourning rituals where they would parade young women (boloog) without hijab among men so as to pretend they are the women that were paraded in Shams, this is clearly haram.

Celebrating eid on different days is not really a big deal, also you can do taqlid to another marja if you want to follow another eid day. 

What you mean matam e 3rd Qibla? You mean Tatbir?

5 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Ws,

Yes.

Because I do not have the time nor the resources nor the ability to study every question I might face when I want the islamic answer to it. Such as questions connected to Islamic fiqh.

Any fatwa from a mujtahid should always be compared to the message of the Holy Quran and the hadiths we have. If for example a marja would make a fatwa that says we are allowed to eat pork, that would go straight against what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has told us. Or if for example a marja said that we should send laana on the holy Imams(as) then that would go straight against the hadiths we have.

That is my understanding of the saying that we should not do "blind" taqleed.

Taqlid is wajib as far as I know in the Ja'fari school of thought (named after Imam Jafar as Sadiq(as)). Unless you yourself become informed and knowledgeable enough to derive your own rulings, this takes years and years of hawza study, then you will have to turn to someone more knowledgeable for rulings on different issues, its very rational in my opinion.

I have never heard anyone saying that in Salawat but I guess you can find anything if you look long enough online, I saw for example a video during mourning rituals where they would parade young women (boloog) without hijab among men so as to pretend they are the women that were paraded in Shams, this is clearly haram.

Celebrating eid on different days is not really a big deal, also you can do taqlid to another marja if you want to follow another eid day. 

What you mean matam e 3rd Qibla? You mean Tatbir?

Beating ourselves.

Beating ourselves.

The Arabic term matam refers in general to an act or gesture of mourning; in Shia Islam the term designates acts of lamentation for the martyrs of Karbala.[16] 

Just as a fyi, internet is filled with terminology which is used to imply a negative, or brand something in a negative way - 

Using a derogatory term, beating ourselves gives a negative connotation to it. It is used to wage psychological warefare on the youths, especially the western ones or the ones with low self esteem and image issues and unsure of their belief(s) or acts. Ones looking for approval for what they do or trying to use others as a standard to justify their beliefs or acts. 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

This conversation or debate may never settle on one side

It is never personal, on the internet. We are all unknown entities. Its all about what we are discussing. 

There is no debate per se. We can find arguments to have an argument to complicate things to give an impression that there is confusing and chaos and uncertanty. but at the basic /simple level. 

Either you, yourself are a Lawyer and know the constitution yourself or you get a Lawyer' opinion. There is not other option in constitutional matters. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brothers and sisters

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه.

Q. Are you in Taqleed?.

Q. If yes, then why?.

Q. If no, then why?.

Kindly explain what Moula Ali(asws) means to say when he is saying, Blind taqleed is kufr in Nehj ul Balagha?.

I am going away from Taqleed because of everyday issues and discrepancies about our Iran and Iraq Scholars. And durood being changed unfortunately to Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad.

And because of celebrating eid among our scholars on different days and because of fatwa AGAINST 'matam e 3rd Qibla'. Beating yourself.

These questions mean you simply dont understand anything.

If someone has an illness, should they see a medical expert or not?

If you have a legal dispute, do you go to a lawer?

So why should you not seek expert advice in religious law? Makes no sense. 

3 hours ago, iraqi_shia said:

These questions mean you simply dont understand anything.

If someone has an illness, should they see a medical expert or not?

If you have a legal dispute, do you go to a lawer?

So why should you not seek expert advice in religious law? Makes no sense. 

Respected brother 

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

I did not say that by leaving taqleed of these scholars I will not be seeking religious advice from anybody else. 

Ask me before you judge me.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brother 

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

I did not say that by leaving taqleed of these scholars I will not be seeking religious advice from anybody else. 

Ask me before you judge me.

If you are going to get advice, would it be better to get the best advice? or just from a friend in your village?

Salaam @Asghar Ali Karbalai:

You already admitted that it doesnt make sense to reject a marja because another marja may be wrong or have a differing opinion.

You pursue a debate which you have already admitted is based on faulty logic?

4 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Salaam @Asghar Ali Karbalai:

You already admitted that it doesnt make sense to reject a marja because another marja may be wrong or have a differing opinion.

You pursue a debate which you have already admitted is based on faulty logic?

Walaikum assalam

Hope you are fine brother in shaALLAH.

Brother Iraqi shia was speaking to me so I replied to him and I am not really willing to go into a debate on this topic honestly.

In regards to Taqleed of Marja that I do not know of personally as to what type of person he is, I would rather not do Taqleed and I would prefer to look myself from the traditions and narrations of Masoomeen(asws) to follow myself. Because these marjas contradict each other so how to know who is right and who is wrong? I cannot choose a marja as per my convenience, I mean who made this law that whoever marja you are comfortable with follow him.

@iraqi_shia Brother, you never know you may get the best advice from a villager. He might be more knowledgeable than somebody who claims to be a Marja. Turban and aba is not important to be identified as an scholar or a person with knowledge.

This is my belief, sorry if it disappoints my brothers here.

Better to count on somebody whom you know personally rather than to count on somebody whom you have never met and have only just heard about him.

I did not really have a problem in Taqleed of Iran Iraq Marjas and if I get a chance I may see Mr. Sistani and ask the reason of differences myself to clear it out.

34 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Walaikum assalam

Hope you are fine brother in shaALLAH.

Brother Iraqi shia was speaking to me so I replied to him and I am not really willing to go into a debate on this topic honestly.

In regards to Taqleed of Marja that I do not know of personally as to what type of person he is, I would rather not do Taqleed and I would prefer to look myself from the traditions and narrations of Masoomeen(asws) to follow myself. Because these marjas contradict each other so how to know who is right and who is wrong? I cannot choose a marja as per my convenience, I mean who made this law that whoever marja you are comfortable with follow him.

Frankly speaking, your opinions or my opinions of a marja are irrelevant. A marja becomes a marja when other pious personalities couch for him. Their opinions matter.

How many books do you have access to in order to be able to form your opinion on any topic? Google is not a marja.

Just as an FYI, (not looking to debate, nothing to debate here)

Answers all the Repeated questions above were plain and simple, and easy to read and understand -  unless we want give and impression that its very complicated. (Which is not the case)

Either you, yourself are a Lawyer and know the constitution yourself or you get a Lawyer' opinion. There is not other option in constitutional matters. 

9 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Frankly speaking, your opinions or my opinions of a marja are irrelevant. A marja becomes a marja when other pious personalities couch for him. Their opinions matter.

How many books do you have access to in order to be able to form your opinion on any topic? Google is not a marja.

I don't think you are completely understanding and stop jumping to conclusions, I never said I will or I currently use Google as my Marja or for any fiqh/deen related concerns. There are many people who are better than some Marjas but are not highlighted and do not wish to be famous but their knowledge is immense and they have a special gift by Allah.

If you see my reply to iraqi shia, I told him this.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:51 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So I will prefer to seek knowledge from somebody whom I know personally is the pious one and refer to books and traditions by Ahlul bayt(asws) and ofcourse Hadith and Quran.

What is the problem?

Quran is one, Prophet(saww) is one, 12 imams(asws) are one, their teachings are one, never contradicted each other either in any matter.

Now these marjas they contradict each other although as per you and many people they are getting teachings from the school of Ahlul Bayt(asws) so why are they contradicting and in this contradiction how would you know who is right and who is wrong?

Saying, you can choose a marja as per your convenience is another 'made up story' and utter nonsense.

Our teachings in any matter must not differ because each and every law and rule has already been set by Ahlul bayt(asws) and there are no changes in it. One who changes is indeed among the wrongdoers.

Whose taqleed are you in though?

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai

12 hours ago, zionismdestroyer said:

So whats wrong with it bro :)

They have changed the durood dear and you are asking what is the problem?

I have this video of Mr. Jawad Naqvi supporter of Mr. Khamenei in my whatsapp in which he is getting out of his vehicle and people saying 'Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad'. What is this?

Just now, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

They have changed the durood dear and you are asking what is the problem?

I have this video of Mr. Jawad Naqvi supporter of Mr. Khamenei in my whatsapp in which he is getting out of his vehicle and people saying 'Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad'. What is this?

But you are mixing to different things Imam Khomeini is the rehbar of Muslims and they Recite Durood AS well people are mixing to different things