Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Asghar Ali Karbalai

Taqleed of today's Scholar

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Yeah and scholars are held to a higher accountability right? Becuase they are highly blessed and privileged? 

Yeah but they won't be punished if they simply tried their best based on their knowledge.

Fundamental beliefs are called Usul al-deen, i.e. Roots of Religion. The Usul al-deen are five: Three are called Roots of Islam. They are:

(1) Tawhid, Belief in oneness of God;

(2) 'Adl, Justice of God and

(3) Nubuwwat, Belief in the Prophets;

(4) Imamat, the successorship of the Prophet.

(5) Qiyamat, 'Belief in the Day of Judgement.

There is no Taqlid of non Mas'oom(fallible ) allowed here.

details here , 

https://www.al-islam.org/principles-faith-usul-al-din-husayn-vahid-khorasani

"It is necessary for a Muslim to believe in the fundamentals of faith on the basis of proof and he cannot follow anyone in this respect i.e. he cannot accept he word of another with regard to the fundamentals without demanding proof.

However, in order to act on Islamic code (except in those matters which are considered by all to be indisputable e.g. the obligatory nature of the five daily prayers, fasting during the holy month of Ramadan etc.) a person must adopt one of the following methods:

https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-ayatullah-abul-qasim-al-khui/taqlid

like these matters, 

The Branches of Religion Furu’ al-Deen

Salat (Prayer), Sawm (Fasting), Hajj (Pilgrimage), Zakat,  Khums , .........

We do Taqlid, follow the most learned (Jurist ) n above matters and others dealing with social, economic issues etc.....

Just like, people follow the constitutional lawyers for constitution issues

6 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Fiqh rulings cannot be different too. Islam is one why fiqh is differing then? Qiyas is being done then surely. 

Did the Prophet (saw) or the Imams leave behind, "Everything you ever want to know about Fiqh rulings" book? If not, then the marajae have to derive Fiqh rulings based on thousands of references. It's called Ijtehad. Qiyas would be if they randomly came up with Fiqh rulings with no regard to the references. 

The irony is that your argument about leaving taqleed IS QIYAS.

Brother you can be content with 10 days of EID, I cannot.

Why not? What's the big deal? you are focused on celebrating eid on a specific day... the focus should be on celebrating eid - that's it.

About Marja A and B, I get your point, جَزَاكَ اللّهُ خيراً كثيراً. We cannot blame Marja B for Marja A.

Okay then no need to leave taqleed.

2 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Did the Prophet (saw) or the Imams leave behind, "Everything you ever want to know about Fiqh rulings" book? If not, then the marajae have to derive Fiqh rulings based on thousands of references. It's called Ijtehad. Qiyas would be if they randomly came up with Fiqh rulings with no regard to the references. 

The irony is that your argument about leaving taqleed IS QIYAS.

Why not? What's the big deal? you are focused on celebrating eid on a specific day... the focus should be on celebrating eid - that's it.

Okay then no need to leave taqleed.

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother @ShiaMan14

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

Thank you for taking your time out to speak and help me and people like me in this regard however 2 questions I have.

Q1. But we never met them so does not this fall under blind Taqleed? We don't know their activities and their 'aamal' personally.

Q2. 'Ayatullah' is an attribute which has some powers and is solely for Masoomeen(asws), Ayatullah means sign of Allah. One may say this way everybody is Ayatullah because everything is a indeed a sign of Allah, but the Quran mentions the attribute of Ayatullah in the Ayah of Nabi Issa(asws). In which he says that I am Ayatullah and now I will give life to dead (something similar to it). So this is an attribute of Ayatullah to be able to make the dead alive then why are these Scholars using the name of Ayatullah with them?.

@skyweb1987, Can you help in sharing that ayat, respected brother/sister?

6 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

There is no Taqlid of non Mas'oom(fallible ) allowed here.

Salam Taqlid is one of sub groups of accepting Imamate of infallible ,that is order infallible imam of time time to refer to narator of Hadiths.

2 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

it is a book that cals 'Jami'h' that Imam Ali (as) write from saying & actions of prophet that  "Everything you ever want to know about Fiqh rulings" is in that book that everything even ruling about a little scratch on body said & it's from trustees of Imamate that already with Imam Mahdi (aj) but not available to other & he fixes errors in Fatwas of his deputies 

it's a famous event that sheikh Mofid gave a fatwa about a dead pregnant woman that she must burry with his child in her womb because tearing body of believer is not allowed but Imam Mahdi (aj) goes as a man that was riding on a horse to family of that woman and said he is agent of Sheikh that he brings fixing of rulling that they can tear her womb & bring out child before her burial.

taqlid is must
thats why u taqlid of masumeens a.s and in thier absence u follow thier naibs
imam a.s is gaib..that means he is not hazir to directly answer your matters ..for that he has naibs
if imam a.s would have been hazir u wouldve followed his orders right? u would be his muqallid right? not the muqallid of imam jafar sadiq a.s 
those who were muqallid of imam jafar sadiq a.s even after his death and didnt believe in wallayah of imam musa kazim a.s got separated from twelvers and made a subsect..i think it was called waqfiyyah
taqleed is must ..otherwise u dont even need imams if u r gair muqallid..just follow quran and the prophet like sunnis..even some sunnis believe taqlid to be kufr and leads to deviation 

1 hour ago, Waleed Tariq said:

taqlid is must
thats why u taqlid of masumeens a.s and in thier absence u follow thier naibs
imam a.s is gaib..that means he is not hazir to directly answer your matters ..for that he has naibs
if imam a.s would have been hazir u wouldve followed his orders right? u would be his muqallid right? not the muqallid of imam jafar sadiq a.s 
those who were muqallid of imam jafar sadiq a.s even after his death and didnt believe in wallayah of imam musa kazim a.s got separated from twelvers and made a subsect..i think it was called waqfiyyah
taqleed is must ..otherwise u dont even need imams if u r gair muqallid..just follow quran and the prophet like sunnis..even some sunnis believe taqlid to be kufr and leads to deviation 

Following naibs is okay. Who decides for example that this person is Naib or that person is Naib? Ofcourse an infallible has to leave a Naib, during minor occultation Imam e zaman(asws) had 4-5 naibs and while going under major occultation he left a note for all of us saying that whoever claims to have met me in my occultation is a liar. Imagine.

So who is deciding that this person is Naib and that person is Naib? They themselves are deciding in each other that he is naib that is naib.

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Taqlid is one of sub groups of accepting Imamate of infallible ,that is order infallible imam of time time to refer to narator of Hadiths.

Sorry brother I dd not understand it? What are you saying, sorry?

@S.M.H.A. that's what I mean to say why are we following doing taqleed of a ghair masoom(asws)?

@ali_fatheroforphans

Brother when Imam(asws) comes all will pray EID Salah on one day right? so why in his absence scholars 'so called his naibeen' are suggesting different days?

Also, some mujtahid say do full hijab except eyes, some say that you can show face no problem. These are not small issues, Laws are laid already and are standard for everyone then why difference of opinions?