Asghar Ali Karbalai

Taqleed of today's Scholar

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Brother

He himself is a mujtahid so he must have become by following some rules prior, those rules I am talking about, the basic rules, these basic rules should have been laid down by masoomeen(asws) only right, that's what we have to find out.

I am sure there is a disconnect somewhere why are mujtahid anti if they are following the same teachings you know...

Mr. Khomeni was a great character for Islam perhaps as to what we have always heard but there is a shrine of him in Iran and there is ziarat written outside his shrine, Assalam o alaika ya roohullah Khomeni?

I mean he was not a masoom(asws) why is there a shrine for him seperately and that too with his ziarat outside written his shrine????

What is happening?

well he has answered this in the second question

2Question: What does Taqlid mean in religious laws?
Answer: Taqlid in religious laws means acting according to the verdict of a Mujtahid. It is necessary for the Mujtahid who is followed, to be male, Shi'ah Ithna Ash'ari, adult, sane, of legitimate birth, living and just ('Adil). A person is said to be just whe n he performs all those acts which are obligatory upon him, and refrains from all those things which are forbidden to him. And the sign of being just is that one is apparently of a good character, so that if enquiries are made about him from the people of his locality, or from his neighbours, or from those persons with whom he lives, they would confirm his good conduct. And if one knows that the verdicts of the Mujtahids differ with regard to the problems which we face in every day life, it is necessary t hat the Mujtahid who is followed be A'lam (the most learned), who is more capable of understanding the divine laws than any of the contemporary Mujtahids.

and i dont know about ziarat written on khomeinis shrine as rasullulah khomeini ..maybe the others can offer something on it ..but as far as i know no other mujtahid did this or approved this
in some sunni books some leading scholars did made there mureed say there kalma
e.g theres mueenudin chisti a revered alim and awlia in sunni hanfi barelvi had made his one mureed recite la illaha illah and chiti rasul Allah
then there is molana ashraf ali thanvi a big leading scholar of deoband who didnt stop or negated a person who said that he had chanted la illaha illal lah ashraf ali thanvi rasul Allah both in sleep and awake..note both sleep and "awake"
they provide different reasonings, qayyas and tojeeh..but point is that it had happened before
i dont know how it can be defended..but i bet khomeini would have hated this

9 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Brother

He himself is a mujtahid so he must have become by following some rules prior, those rules I am talking about, the basic rules, these basic rules should have been laid down by masoomeen(asws) only right, that's what we have to find out.

I am sure there is a disconnect somewhere why are mujtahid anti if they are following the same teachings you know...

Mr. Khomeni was a great character for Islam perhaps as to what we have always heard but there is a shrine of him in Iran and there is ziarat written outside his shrine, Assalam o alaika ya roohullah Khomeni?

I mean he was not a masoom(asws) why is there a shrine for him seperately and that too with his ziarat outside written his shrine????

What is happening?

and also the galis and nuseeris exist everywhere..imam ali a.s was the door of ilam and he was haq but it didnt made all of his followers true shias..there are nuseris too
i m a neoconvert so cant say about faqeeh details on why its written on khomeinis shrine but maybe some other learned guy here(there are many) might help

1 hour ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Also, some mujtahid say do full hijab except eyes, some say that you can show face no problem. These are not small issues, Laws are laid already and are standard for everyone then why difference of opinions?

The popular opinion is that you can show your face.

I believe Ayatollah Khoei took the position that as an obligatory precaution you also have to cover your face. 

Regardless it doesn't mean that you stop doing taqleed. At the end of the day, you have to follow a scholar who you believe is the most knowledgeable.

3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother @ShiaMan14

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

Thank you for taking your time out to speak and help me and people like me in this regard however 2 questions I have.

Q1. But we never met them so does not this fall under blind Taqleed? We don't know their activities and their 'aamal' personally.

Salaam. All is well and I hope you are as well.

1) it is up to you to go meet them. Read about them online, find out from other people. You can't reject taqleed because you haven't done your part.

3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Q2. 'Ayatullah' is an attribute which has some powers and is solely for Masoomeen(asws), Ayatullah means sign of Allah. One may say this way everybody is Ayatullah because everything is a indeed a sign of Allah, but the Quran mentions the attribute of Ayatullah in the Ayah of Nabi Issa(asws). In which he says that I am Ayatullah and now I will give life to dead (something similar to it). So this is an attribute of Ayatullah to be able to make the dead alive then why are these Scholars using the name of Ayatullah with them?

The above is qiyas brother.

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

it is a book that cals 'Jami'h' that Imam Ali (as) write from saying & actions of prophet that  "Everything you ever want to know about Fiqh rulings" is in that book that everything even ruling about a little scratch on body said & it's from trustees of Imamate that already with Imam Mahdi (aj) but not available to other & he fixes errors in Fatwas of his deputies 

it's a famous event that sheikh Mofid gave a fatwa about a dead pregnant woman that she must burry with his child in her womb because tearing body of believer is not allowed but Imam Mahdi (aj) goes as a man that was riding on a horse to family of that woman and said he is agent of Sheikh that he brings fixing of rulling that they can tear her womb & bring out child before her burial.

That may well be the case. But our marajae still do as much research as possible before issuing fiqhi rulings. That don't do qiyas. 

3 hours ago, Waleed Tariq said:

no i m not
i m searching for one ..although right now like others i follow some commandments of sistani 
but sayyid kazim al hussein al hairi appeals me
i wonder if he has an english site

Salam,you don't need follow only one.

I follow both Syd'Sistani&Wilaytu-l-Faqih.Wa Salam

16 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So ten marja = ten different days of eid...

Where are muslims going to?? No unity? Shia splitting, sub branches coming out? 

Against Matam beating yourself for 3rd Moula(asws) fatwas are coming like better to donate blood than to do matam, what is this? Who are these people to give fatwa against Matam?

:bismillah:

:salam:

Dear brother Asghar Ali Karbalai

The very first question above shows that you are making up a question from your bias which has no relation to reality.  My dear brother there is a lot to understand and read. Do not come into the beautiful 'faraib' of the 'makkars'

For last one like laan is not cursing likewise azadari is not just controlled matam. 

And yes no matter how much of a difference we have we should not split.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brothers and sisters

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه.

Q. Are you in Taqleed?.

Q. If yes, then why?.

Q. If no, then why?.

I am in taqleed yes i follow a learned man (marja) who is knowledgeable about the religious rulings based on the Quran and the sayings of the prophet and his pure imams.

Our purified Imams from the progeny of the prophet saww have advised to follow them for getting the religious matters based on Ijtihad from Quran and sayings of the prophet and Imams:

Below are the main traditions from Imams about it':

i) The Twelfth Imam issued a pronouncement (Tawqi) in reply to Ishaq b. Ya’qub via his second Saf’ir:

As for the events which will occur, turn to the narrators of our traditions, because they (the narrators) are my proof to you, while I am the proof of Allah to them” .( al-’Amili, al-Wasa’il, XVIII, 101; Bihar, LIII, 181; al-Khumayni, op. cit., 77).

ii) Al-Tabarsi mentions this tradition attributed to the eleventh Imam:

“It is obligatory for the populace to follow the jurist who refrains from committing wrong, mentions his faith, opposes carnal desire, and obeys Allah's command. (al-Tabarsi, al-Ihtijaj, II,. 263-4; al-’Amili, al-Wasa’il, XVIII, 94-5)”

iii) Al-Tabarsi reports another transmission on the authority of the tenth Imam concerning the role of the fuqaha':

After the occultation of your Qa'im a group of the ‘ulama' will call people to believe in his (al-Qa’im's) Imamate and defend his religion by using proofs sent by Allah, so that they might save the weak-minded faithful from either the deceptions of Satan and his followers, or the deceptions of the anti-’Alids (al-­Nawasib).

If none of these ‘ ulama' remain, then everyone will stray from the religion of Allah. However, as the pilot holds the rudder of the ship, the ‘ulama' will hold firmly onto the hearts of the weak-minded Shiites, preventing them from straying. Those ‘ulama' are the most excellent in the view of Allah the Exalted.(al-Tabarsi, al-Ihtijaj, II, 260).

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

جَزَاكَ اللّهُ خيراً كثيراً to all my brothers and sisters for participating in this forum.

This conversation or debate may never settle on one side so I am leaving it on a good note so that none of my brothers or sisters hold a grudge for me because of this difference, Love and Respect. Asghar.

@ali_fatheroforphans @haideriam @skyweb1987 @Waleed Tariq and all those who participated, جَزَاكَ اللّهُ خيراً كثيراً 

If ever I have a chance I will ask Mr. Sistani questions directly face to face to settle down things. I don't want to rely in websites or reply from their office.

On 12/16/2018 at 12:55 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

@IbnSina

Respected brother

Please share your learnings and your practice.

Ws,

On 12/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Q. Are you in Taqleed?.

Yes.

Q. If yes, then why?.

Because I do not have the time nor the resources nor the ability to study every question I might face when I want the islamic answer to it. Such as questions connected to Islamic fiqh.

Kindly explain what Moula Ali(asws) means to say when he is saying, Blind taqleed is kufr in Nehj ul Balagha?.

Any fatwa from a mujtahid should always be compared to the message of the Holy Quran and the hadiths we have. If for example a marja would make a fatwa that says we are allowed to eat pork, that would go straight against what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has told us. Or if for example a marja said that we should send laana on the holy Imams(as) then that would go straight against the hadiths we have.

That is my understanding of the saying that we should not do "blind" taqleed.

I am going away from Taqleed because of everyday issues and discrepancies about our Iran and Iraq Scholars. And durood being changed unfortunately to Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad.

And because of celebrating eid among our scholars on different days and because of fatwa AGAINST 'matam e 3rd Qibla'. Beating yourself.

Taqlid is wajib as far as I know in the Ja'fari school of thought (named after Imam Jafar as Sadiq(as)). Unless you yourself become informed and knowledgeable enough to derive your own rulings, this takes years and years of hawza study, then you will have to turn to someone more knowledgeable for rulings on different issues, its very rational in my opinion.

I have never heard anyone saying that in Salawat but I guess you can find anything if you look long enough online, I saw for example a video during mourning rituals where they would parade young women (boloog) without hijab among men so as to pretend they are the women that were paraded in Shams, this is clearly haram.

Celebrating eid on different days is not really a big deal, also you can do taqlid to another marja if you want to follow another eid day. 

What you mean matam e 3rd Qibla? You mean Tatbir?

5 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Ws,

Yes.

Because I do not have the time nor the resources nor the ability to study every question I might face when I want the islamic answer to it. Such as questions connected to Islamic fiqh.

Any fatwa from a mujtahid should always be compared to the message of the Holy Quran and the hadiths we have. If for example a marja would make a fatwa that says we are allowed to eat pork, that would go straight against what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has told us. Or if for example a marja said that we should send laana on the holy Imams(as) then that would go straight against the hadiths we have.

That is my understanding of the saying that we should not do "blind" taqleed.

Taqlid is wajib as far as I know in the Ja'fari school of thought (named after Imam Jafar as Sadiq(as)). Unless you yourself become informed and knowledgeable enough to derive your own rulings, this takes years and years of hawza study, then you will have to turn to someone more knowledgeable for rulings on different issues, its very rational in my opinion.

I have never heard anyone saying that in Salawat but I guess you can find anything if you look long enough online, I saw for example a video during mourning rituals where they would parade young women (boloog) without hijab among men so as to pretend they are the women that were paraded in Shams, this is clearly haram.

Celebrating eid on different days is not really a big deal, also you can do taqlid to another marja if you want to follow another eid day. 

What you mean matam e 3rd Qibla? You mean Tatbir?

Beating ourselves.

Beating ourselves.

The Arabic term matam refers in general to an act or gesture of mourning; in Shia Islam the term designates acts of lamentation for the martyrs of Karbala.[16] 

Just as a fyi, internet is filled with terminology which is used to imply a negative, or brand something in a negative way - 

Using a derogatory term, beating ourselves gives a negative connotation to it. It is used to wage psychological warefare on the youths, especially the western ones or the ones with low self esteem and image issues and unsure of their belief(s) or acts. Ones looking for approval for what they do or trying to use others as a standard to justify their beliefs or acts. 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

This conversation or debate may never settle on one side

It is never personal, on the internet. We are all unknown entities. Its all about what we are discussing. 

There is no debate per se. We can find arguments to have an argument to complicate things to give an impression that there is confusing and chaos and uncertanty. but at the basic /simple level. 

Either you, yourself are a Lawyer and know the constitution yourself or you get a Lawyer' opinion. There is not other option in constitutional matters. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brothers and sisters

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه.

Q. Are you in Taqleed?.

Q. If yes, then why?.

Q. If no, then why?.

Kindly explain what Moula Ali(asws) means to say when he is saying, Blind taqleed is kufr in Nehj ul Balagha?.

I am going away from Taqleed because of everyday issues and discrepancies about our Iran and Iraq Scholars. And durood being changed unfortunately to Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad.

And because of celebrating eid among our scholars on different days and because of fatwa AGAINST 'matam e 3rd Qibla'. Beating yourself.

These questions mean you simply dont understand anything.

If someone has an illness, should they see a medical expert or not?

If you have a legal dispute, do you go to a lawer?

So why should you not seek expert advice in religious law? Makes no sense. 

3 hours ago, iraqi_shia said:

These questions mean you simply dont understand anything.

If someone has an illness, should they see a medical expert or not?

If you have a legal dispute, do you go to a lawer?

So why should you not seek expert advice in religious law? Makes no sense. 

Respected brother 

I did not say that by leaving taqleed of these scholars I will not be seeking religious advice from anybody else. 

Ask me before you judge me.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brother 

I did not say that by leaving taqleed of these scholars I will not be seeking religious advice from anybody else. 

Ask me before you judge me.

If you are going to get advice, would it be better to get the best advice? or just from a friend in your village?

Salaam @Asghar Ali Karbalai:

You already admitted that it doesnt make sense to reject a marja because another marja may be wrong or have a differing opinion.

You pursue a debate which you have already admitted is based on faulty logic?

4 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Salaam @Asghar Ali Karbalai:

You already admitted that it doesnt make sense to reject a marja because another marja may be wrong or have a differing opinion.

You pursue a debate which you have already admitted is based on faulty logic?

Walaikum assalam

Hope you are fine brother in shaALLAH.

Brother Iraqi shia was speaking to me so I replied to him and I am not really willing to go into a debate on this topic honestly.

In regards to Taqleed of Marja that I do not know of personally as to what type of person he is, I would rather not do Taqleed and I would prefer to look myself from the traditions and narrations of Masoomeen(asws) to follow myself. Because these marjas contradict each other so how to know who is right and who is wrong? I cannot choose a marja as per my convenience, I mean who made this law that whoever marja you are comfortable with follow him.

@iraqi_shia Brother, you never know you may get the best advice from a villager. He might be more knowledgeable than somebody who claims to be a Marja. Turban and aba is not important to be identified as an scholar or a person with knowledge.

This is my belief, sorry if it disappoints my brothers here.

Better to count on somebody whom you know personally rather than to count on somebody whom you have never met and have only just heard about him.

I did not really have a problem in Taqleed of Iran Iraq Marjas and if I get a chance I may see Mr. Sistani and ask the reason of differences myself to clear it out.

34 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Walaikum assalam

Hope you are fine brother in shaALLAH.

Brother Iraqi shia was speaking to me so I replied to him and I am not really willing to go into a debate on this topic honestly.

In regards to Taqleed of Marja that I do not know of personally as to what type of person he is, I would rather not do Taqleed and I would prefer to look myself from the traditions and narrations of Masoomeen(asws) to follow myself. Because these marjas contradict each other so how to know who is right and who is wrong? I cannot choose a marja as per my convenience, I mean who made this law that whoever marja you are comfortable with follow him.

Frankly speaking, your opinions or my opinions of a marja are irrelevant. A marja becomes a marja when other pious personalities couch for him. Their opinions matter.

How many books do you have access to in order to be able to form your opinion on any topic? Google is not a marja.

Just as an FYI, (not looking to debate, nothing to debate here)

Answers all the Repeated questions above were plain and simple, and easy to read and understand -  unless we want give and impression that its very complicated. (Which is not the case)

Either you, yourself are a Lawyer and know the constitution yourself or you get a Lawyer' opinion. There is not other option in constitutional matters. 

9 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Frankly speaking, your opinions or my opinions of a marja are irrelevant. A marja becomes a marja when other pious personalities couch for him. Their opinions matter.

How many books do you have access to in order to be able to form your opinion on any topic? Google is not a marja.

I don't think you are completely understanding and stop jumping to conclusions, I never said I will or I currently use Google as my Marja or for any fiqh/deen related concerns. There are many people who are better than some Marjas but are not highlighted and do not wish to be famous but their knowledge is immense and they have a special gift by Allah.

If you see my reply to iraqi shia, I told him this.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:51 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So I will prefer to seek knowledge from somebody whom I know personally is the pious one and refer to books and traditions by Ahlul bayt(asws) and ofcourse Hadith and Quran.

What is the problem?

Quran is one, Prophet(saww) is one, 12 imams(asws) are one, their teachings are one, never contradicted each other either in any matter.

Now these marjas they contradict each other although as per you and many people they are getting teachings from the school of Ahlul Bayt(asws) so why are they contradicting and in this contradiction how would you know who is right and who is wrong?

Saying, you can choose a marja as per your convenience is another 'made up story' and utter nonsense.

Our teachings in any matter must not differ because each and every law and rule has already been set by Ahlul bayt(asws) and there are no changes in it. One who changes is indeed among the wrongdoers.

Whose taqleed are you in though?

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai

12 hours ago, zionismdestroyer said:

So whats wrong with it bro :)

They have changed the durood dear and you are asking what is the problem?

I have this video of Mr. Jawad Naqvi supporter of Mr. Khamenei in my whatsapp in which he is getting out of his vehicle and people saying 'Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad'. What is this?

Just now, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

They have changed the durood dear and you are asking what is the problem?

I have this video of Mr. Jawad Naqvi supporter of Mr. Khamenei in my whatsapp in which he is getting out of his vehicle and people saying 'Salle ala mohammad noor e khomeni amad'. What is this?

But you are mixing to different things Imam Khomeini is the rehbar of Muslims and they Recite Durood AS well people are mixing to different things