Anonymous0012

NEED HELP (brothers only)

Rate this topic

Assalam o Alaykum

ive tried to find the solution to my problem by looking at many threads here but couldn’t understand properly so here’s my question. I need to know whether I require Ghusl or not. Usually when I’ve wet dream I wake up and it’s pretty obvious that I had one but sometimes I have doubts. So two days back I woke up and I don’t think I ejaculated while sleeping and neither did I feel any wetness. However there were two tiny spots on my shorts and I’m not sure that was semen because I tried to smell it and it didn’t seem that it was semen. They felt like semen while I touched the spots. Like dry semen but I’m still not sure abou that. It could’ve been urine or something else maybe idk. I didn’t do Ghusl because I’m trying to get rid of my problem of constant doubts and it takes me literally an hour to do Ghusl. But now I’m getting thoughts that maybe it was semen and I should’ve done Ghusl and everything which I’ve stepped on while being wet has become najis..... idk I’m really struggling with this problem of doubts regarding najasat. Please help me 

Salam alaykum,

only if you are certain that it was semen or urine, you must do ghusl. Doubt is of no value in matters of whether something is najis or not.

for all we know it could have been pre-ejaculate (pre-cum), which is not najis.

so relax.

btw.. why does ghusl take you an hour to do? It should take on average 5 minutes?

Edited by aaljibar

7 minutes ago, aaljibar said:

Salam alaykum,

only if you are certain that it was semen or urine, you must do ghusl. Doubt is of no value in matters of whether something is najis or not.

so relax.

btw.. why does ghusl take you an hour to do? It should take on average 5 minutes?

How five minutes? when water has to reach on each and every part of the body, so much headache.

4 minutes ago, Abu Ali ibn Sina said:

Salam,

Yes, 5 minutes under the shower is enough to do ghusl, unless you use a bucket of water to take your shower.

I hold shower and literally take it from up to down ensuring water reaching all parts.

How do you do it? Like if you simply stand under shower, Would not you miss some parts?

2 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

I hold shower and literally take it from up to down ensuring water reaching all parts.

How do you do it? Like if you simply stand under shower, Would not you miss some parts?

You can rub your wet hands and wetness of your body to parts where water has not reached directly. Just make your unwet parts wet. Thats the goal.

Thank you so much brother!

3 hours ago, aaljibar said:

Salam alaykum,

so relax.

It takes me time to convince myself that water reached all the parts. Can’t really go into detail here but it’s mainly because otherwise I’d have doubts about my Ghusl and I’ll do it again. My parents get frustrated as well but as I said I struggle with this problem of constant doubts. 

Salaam Alaykum brother

I had doubt problem before, and I know what you mean.

Read this link from Sistani:

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2162/

If you have questions regarding doubt and Nijasat, feel free to PM me. I can't explain everything openly here. But be relaxed. Use your hand to reach water to all the parts. Take it easy. Inshaallah you'll be fine.

One Shaykh told me that Imam Sadegh took Ghusl very easy. One time his servant saw his back dry. So our Ahlulbait took Ghusl easy, so we should also take it easy and follow them.

3 hours ago, Anonymous0012 said:

I’ve too many problems related to najasat like washing of najis clothes with semen on it etc. It’s just my mind.... but anyway thanks for the reply!

Btw, this doubting is a real problem in society. It is actually the workers of Shaytan. This is one of the ways they try to make you hate religion. My sheikh has a story of a person trying to do wudhu for close to an hour and there is h=other horrific stories. Please talk to a local sheikh and he can do some ruqyah on you to get these shaytani whispers out of your mind. It is going to ruin your life.

7 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

You can rub your wet hands and wetness of your body to parts where water has not reached directly. Just make your unwet parts wet. Thats the goal.

What if they are already wet so then?

And what about the back?

8 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Actually, 1 minute is enough for the simple act of ghusl, if you use shower...

How?

3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

What if they are already wet so then?

And what about the back?

How?

If they are already wet, then just for making sure nothing remains unwet, just rub your opposite hand on the opposite side of the body including your back..

Its usually back and some other areas where water doesn't spreads very much. You need to make sure after you have poured water onto your body that these areas too become wet.
After you pour the water on your right side, rub your left land on the right side of your body making sure the entire right side is wet including the back. Do the same with lwft part with your right hand after pouring water on it. Thats pretty much it and it won't take more than 2 minutes once you get practice of it.

7 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

If they are already wet, then just for making sure nothing remains unwet, just rub your opposite hand on the opposite side of the body including your back..

Its usually back and some other areas where water doesn't spreads very much. You need to make sure after you have poured water onto your body that these areas too become wet.
After you pour the water on your right side, rub your left land on the right side of your body making sure the entire right side is wet including the back. Do the same with lwft part with your right hand after pouring water on it. Thats pretty much it and it won't take more than 2 minutes once you get practice of it.

So like sliding right hand to the left part of the body and vice versa?

And what about Head and Face?

17 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So like sliding right hand to the left part of the body and vice versa?

And what about Head and Face?

Obviously you do the head and the face first. And its the easiest step of the entire process. Rub your ears properly. Neck as well.