Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Anonymous2144

Choosing your partner in heaven?

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum brother’s and sister’s 

I difficult question came to my mind and it is, can someone choose their partner on earth not to be with them or to be with them? For example if I’m married to a person on earth can I choose not to be with them in heaven?? And also in heaven can a person choose to stay single? 

Someone better knowledgable can correct me on this, but doesn't the Nikah end at death or divorce?

Thus in the afterlife we aren't married to that person. Besides on Judgment Day we won't recognize anyone anyway so what's the point?

Not sure what happens after Judgment Day as far as knowing your relatives. I've asked this question several times and haven't gotten a concrete answer one way or the other.

14 hours ago, Abu Ali ibn Sina said:

Salam,

Why are you asking yourself this kind of questions? Heaven will be heavenly and you will have no pain and no bad things in all cases.

I’m just curious to know. Because if  someone was forced to marry or had no choice but to marry that person but He/She didn’t like them in the first place, will they be stuck with them in heaven? would they have a choice to be or not to be with them? Some people get married but later on in life they don’t like each other but are forced to stay with each other due to circumstances, is that person stuck them in heaven forever? 

14 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Not sure what happens after Judgment Day as far as knowing your relatives.

For what i know of is it depends on how good your relationship is between them. If you have a really close relationship with your uncles then you’ll recognise your uncle same go’s with cousins and etc 

1 hour ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I’m just curious to know. Because if  someone was forced to marry or had no choice but to marry that person but He/She didn’t like them in the first place, will they be stuck with them in heaven? would they have a choice to be or not to be with them? Some people get married but later on in life they don’t like each other but are forced to stay with each other due to circumstances, is that person stuck them in heaven forever? 

Think about it, do you really think you're going to have an unfortunate situation in heaven? You are doubting the beauty heaven?

1 hour ago, aaljibar said:

do you really think you're going to have an unfortunate situation in heaven?

I think so... if you stay married to the person that you don’t like because you will be raised together on the day of judgment and possibly go to heaven together if both were righteous and that’s when you’d be in a unfortunate situation because your stuck with the person you don’t like or want. 

3 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I suggest you read this link, 

https://www.al-islam.org/resurrection-maad-quran-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/paradise-and-its-bounties

In the first quoted in this link, it says

وَلَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَ جٌ مُّطَهَّرَةٌ

They shall be given 'pure spouses'

Holy Quran 2:25

It also says in another ayat that 'those of their spouses and relatives from amoung the good will enter there (Paradise)'

So what this means is that if your spouse was good (have good deeds more than evil deeds in this life), they will enter Paradise. When they enter Paradise, they will be 'purified'. 'Purified' in the context of Islam means both Physical and Spiritual purity. So if they had some bad traits in this life, like they were stingy, selfish, lustful after haram (to an extent that this didn't overwhelm their good qualities), etc, those qualities will be removed from them, so when you meet them in Paradise, you will in fact be meeting the same person, but different spiritually (and also physically, i.e. they will be made physically beautiful and perfect) so you will naturally incline toward them in that state. You will also be spiritually purified so some things that you saw a certain way in this life, you will see in a different way once you are spiritually pure. Hope this answers your question. Also, in another ayat, it says that 'they shall have therein what they want'. So if you don't want it (after you have been spiritually purified), you will not be forced to take it, obviously. If the spouses bad deeds are more than their good deeds, they won't be there, so you won't have the option to be with them. 

But that is why questions about Paradise are always highly speculative. Because once we are in this purified state, what we 'want' may be totally different and also how we perceive people may be totally different, unless we are exceptionally spiritually pure in this life. Salams. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

4 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

So what this means is that if your spouse was good (have good deeds more than evil deeds in this life), they will enter Paradise. When they enter Paradise, they will be 'purified'. 'Purified' in the context of Islam means both Physical and Spiritual purity.

Is the criteria the same if your married with a girl from the people of Book? and also can a person possibly remain single in heaven since we get to chose what we want? And also I read the link that posted and one thing got me confused a bit is the grades of heaven. For example if my wife is from them people of Book and i am muslim would we both be raised and be in the same paradise? What if the couples were both Muslim but one was more righteous then the other? (By that I mean they did more recommend acts). Also in the link that you sent me  there’s one part I didnt quiet understand 

Therefore all the believers would go to Paradise and enjoy the bounties of Paradise; but the abode of Paradise is not same for them all, neither the bounties that they would enjoy. On the contrary there are so many differences between them that our limited intellect cannot understand them all. It is possible that these differences are due to the following reasons:

One: How much divine recognition they have and what are their religious beliefs.

Two: Their mental faculties and potential in observing moral values;

Three: How particular they are in performing their religious duties.

Four: Quantum of piety, refraining from evil traits and abstaining from sins.

Although the people of Paradise would get whatever they intend or wish for, immediately:

وَ فِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِيهِ الْأَنفُسُ وَتَلَذُّ الْأَعْيُنُ

…therein shall be what their souls yearn after and (wherein) the eyes shall delight… (43:71)

But the desires of all the people are not same; on the contrary they are dependent on their cognition and faith.  

What does he mean by our desires are dependent on congnition and faith??? Does that mean that we can’t fufill some of our desires that we have? Say for example having a fast Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a nice House small house made with expensive and luxurious materials. 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, Anonymous2144 said:

For example if I’m married to a person on earth can I choose not to be with them in heaven??

People who are into polygamy will disagree, but, why marry someone you won't want to be with in heaven? Why waste your time with someone you don't love like that? 

Guys just get to heaven first. Islamically there is no requirement to dwell deep into matters which our brain cannot comprehend.

It's kinda like babies in wombs worrying about their future spouses. 

إِنَّ الْمُتَّقِينَ فِي جَنَّاتٍ وَعُيُونٍ {45}

The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear-flowing water).

ادْخُلُوهَا بِسَلَامٍ آمِنِينَ {46}

(Their greeting will be): "Enter ye here in peace and security."

وَنَزَعْنَا مَا فِي صُدُورِهِمْ مِنْ غِلٍّ إِخْوَانًا عَلَىٰ سُرُرٍ مُتَقَابِلِينَ {47}

And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury: (they will be) brothers (joyfully) facing each other on thrones (of dignity).

Surah Al-Hijr:45-47

From the sound of this, it seems like you won't feel any sort of dislike to others in paradise, quite the opposite.

9 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Is the criteria the same if your married with a girl from the people of Book? and also can a person possibly remain single in heaven since we get to chose what we want? And also I read the link that posted and one thing got me confused a bit is the grades of heaven. For example if my wife is from them people of Book and i am muslim would we both be raised and be in the same paradise? What if the couples were both Muslim but one was more righteous then the other? (By that I mean they did more recommend acts). Also in the link that you sent me  there’s one part I didnt quiet understand 

Therefore all the believers would go to Paradise and enjoy the bounties of Paradise; but the abode of Paradise is not same for them all, neither the bounties that they would enjoy. On the contrary there are so many differences between them that our limited intellect cannot understand them all. It is possible that these differences are due to the following reasons:

One: How much divine recognition they have and what are their religious beliefs.

Two: Their mental faculties and potential in observing moral values;

Three: How particular they are in performing their religious duties.

Four: Quantum of piety, refraining from evil traits and abstaining from sins.

Although the people of Paradise would get whatever they intend or wish for, immediately:

وَ فِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِيهِ الْأَنفُسُ وَتَلَذُّ الْأَعْيُنُ

…therein shall be what their souls yearn after and (wherein) the eyes shall delight… (43:71)

But the desires of all the people are not same; on the contrary they are dependent on their cognition and faith.  

What does he mean by our desires are dependent on congnition and faith??? Does that mean that we can’t fufill some of our desires that we have? Say for example having a fast Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a nice House small house made with expensive and luxurious materials. 

I will try to answer as much as I can. My knowledge on this subject is obviously very, very small and nonexistent. 

People of the Book can be granted Paradise by Allah(s.w.a). In Paradise, of course, they will not be known by that title since part of being Spiritually purified is gaining knowledge, the first part of this knowledge is that they will have a crystal clear and complete picture of each Prophet(peace be upon them) and who they were and were not and enough knowledge of Allah(s.w.a) to fully realize that He(s.w.a) is One with no partners or associates. There will be no dispute in matters of religion after a person has been given this knowledge (i.e. everyone will be muslim, the natural state of mankind). 

If someone who is referred to that way in this life (i.e. Jew or Christian) make it to Paradise, it will be because of their many good deeds and their few evil deeds, not because of their religion. There are many Jews and Christians who, despite their lack of knowledge and their religious faith being incomplete or misguided, spend their lives doing good deeds and avoiding evil ones. They will be rewarded by Allah(s.w.a) for that, either in this life, in Paradise, or both. 

There are seven levels of heaven. The highest level is reserved only for the Imams and Prophets(peace be upon them) and some from the moqarabeen (those non Prophets and Imams who are closest to Allah(s.w.a)). Those at higher levels can visit those at lower levels, but those at lower levels cannot visit those at higher levels. You can move freely at your level and those levels beneath your level (according to hadith that I have read and found to be authentic based on my limited knowledge). So if, say a husband is at level 5 and his wife is at level 3, he can go to level 3 anytime he likes to be with her, but she cannot go to level 5 to see him. 

7 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

I will try to answer as much as I can. My knowledge on this subject is obviously very, very small and nonexistent. 

People of the Book can be granted Paradise by Allah(s.w.a). In Paradise, of course, they will not be known by that title since part of being Spiritually purified is gaining knowledge, the first part of this knowledge is that they will have a crystal clear and complete picture of each Prophet(peace be upon them) and who they were and were not and enough knowledge of Allah(s.w.a) to fully realize that He(s.w.a) is One with no partners or associates. There will be no dispute in matters of religion after a person has been given this knowledge (i.e. everyone will be muslim, the natural state of mankind). 

If someone who is referred to that way in this life (i.e. Jew or Christian) make it to Paradise, it will be because of their many good deeds and their few evil deeds, not because of their religion. There are many Jews and Christians who, despite their lack of knowledge and their religious faith being incomplete or misguided, spend their lives doing good deeds and avoiding evil ones. They will be rewarded by Allah(s.w.a) for that, either in this life, in Paradise, or both. 

There are seven levels of heaven. The highest level is reserved only for the Imams and Prophets(peace be upon them) and some from the moqarabeen (those non Prophets and Imams who are closest to Allah(s.w.a)). Those at higher levels can visit those at lower levels, but those at lower levels cannot visit those at higher levels. You can move freely at your level and those levels beneath your level (according to hadith that I have read and found to be authentic based on my limited knowledge). So if, say a husband is at level 5 and his wife is at level 3, he can go to level 3 anytime he likes to be with her, but she cannot go to level 5 to see him. 

Absolutely that’s why we must be extra nice too because we may see them if we all go to heaven lol

our fellow Christians and Jews who may actually be better than us in that regard. Their fear and love and good deeds may far surpass us. And some are destined for heaven as per Quran and ahulbayt. 

And it honestly it has-Christian countries like America allow people of all faiths to practice(irrespective of their now very questionable and disastrous behavior) we can’t deny their original vision and the rights that grew because they allowed for growth was better than some ‘islamic’ countries at the time. Shias can practice in America whilst on other nations they have to hide this.

so we should be nice lol and not ignorant but strong in defending not only our rights but the rights of those oppressed 

10 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

This is just what I said in a previous post. Your desires are contingent on your knowledge and the state of your spirit (i.e. spiritual purity). You might perceive a thing as good and an object of desire at one level of knowledge and in one spiritual state, and as you move to a greater level of knowledge and a different spritual state, you might perceive that thing differently and might not want it. 

For example, you could definitely have a Ferarrri in Paradise, but you might not want it. If you could simply will yourself from place to place instantly just by thought, why would you want to get into a metal cage, have to start the engine, etc, etc, to get there. In Paradise, you can travel anywhere instantaneously without having to squeeze yourself into a metal cage (i.e. a car). 

Also, a Ferarri is a status symbol here on earth because it is rare. If anyone could simply 'pop' a Ferarri into existence just by thinking about it, they wouldn't be rare and if noone even thought about poping one into existence by thinking about it, then they wouldn't be valuble, i.e. noone would want one. A Ferarri serves a function here on earth, in Paradise it may not have a function. 

Another example. When I was a kid I used to wait to get my allowance so I could go to the store and buy candy. I only thought of money in terms of how much candy I could buy with it. Now that I am older, and have enough money to buy alot of candy every day if I wanted to, but guess what, I don't want to, because I think of candy (and money) differently now vs. when I was a kid because of my increased knowledge and different spiritual state. BTW, I still do buy candy occasionally, but it is not something I think about much. Here is one view of Paradise, from the perspective of a homeless man in the 1920's in the US(again, certain spritual state and level of knowledge). It's an old American folk song ( I won't post a link to the song, but you can find it on you tube). Here's the lyrics

One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fire was burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The wind don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey, too
You can paddle all around 'em
In a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws or picks,
I'ma goin' to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the Turk
That invented work
I'll see you all this coming Fall
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains"

I think this is what the quote was talking about. 

(Oh and , why not, here's a link to the song. It's a folk song, not haram according to my marjaa', lol :)

(on a side note, to understand every lyric in this song you probably need to be really old or really American or really good at History or a combination of those three) 

Edited by Abu Hadi

1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

I was always taught that only people who believed in Wilayah will go to heaven? Please elaborate if you can 

26 minutes ago, eloquence said:

I was always taught that only people who believed in Wilayah will go to heaven? Please elaborate if you can 

From what I know, people who truly believe in Wilayat will not go to hell. If they had evil deeds which Allah(s.w.a) did not forgive them for, they will be punished in this life or in Barzakh. 

But this is a seperate issue from 'People of the Book' going to Heaven. This is proven by the following Ayat from Holy Quran

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ وَالنَّصَارَى وَالصَّابِئِينَ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ ((2:62

Surely, those who have attained to faith [in this divine book], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians  -all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and they shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Holy Quran 2:62

The phrase 'ajruhum 3nda Rubihim' (reward from their Lord) is widely interpreted by the Ulema to mean Paradise. This ayat joins 'Al Lethina Amanu' (those who believe, i.e. the Muslims) with the Christians and the Jews with the phrase above. The logical meaning is that if 'those who believe' will get their reward from their Lord(i.e. Paradise) for their good works as well as their faith, the Christians and the Jews who also do good works and believe in God and the Day of Judgement will also get their reward from their Lord (i.e. Paradise). 

Edited by Abu Hadi

2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

So if, say a husband is at level 5 and his wife is at level 3, he can go to level 3 anytime he likes to be with her, but she cannot go to level 5 to see him. 

Can the husband invite her to his level?I’ve heard that someone that is really close to you(in relationship) can invite you to their level. Also can the husband choose to live in level 3 if he wanted to, to stay with his wife? 

Edited by Anonymous2144

2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

For example, you could definitely have a Ferarrri in Paradise, but you might not want it. If you could simply will yourself from place to place instantly just by thought, why would you want to get into a metal cage, have to start the engine, etc, etc, to get there. In Paradise, you can travel anywhere instantaneously without having to squeeze yourself into a metal cage (i.e. a car). 

Also, a Ferarri is a status symbol here on earth because it is rare. If anyone could simply 'pop' a Ferarri into existence just by thinking about it, they wouldn't be rare and if noone even thought about poping one into existence by thinking about it, then they wouldn't be valuble, i.e. noone would want one. A Ferarri serves a function here on earth, in Paradise it may not have a function. 

Even though I’m in my late teens (in a year I will get off my teens :() I have a passion for cars, I’ve met a 60year old who had a collection of classic fast cars, he would take them to car shows and etc. There are many of car enthusiasts from every age group so i’d imagine there would be many in heaven driving their favourite cars weather it’s a Ferrari 458 to an bmw m3 e46 or a 1967 Ford Mustang. Where I live around my area their are a few people that are rich that own Ferrari’s to M series bmw’s or Lamborghini or a Bentley to a rollsroyce. Even though I see them from time to time or see others on the street I never seem to get bored of them Even though I’ve seen plenty of them. 

17 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Can the husband invite her to his level?I’ve heard that someone that is really close to you(in relationship) can invite you to their level. Also can the husband choose to live in level 3 if he wanted to, to stay with his wife? 

From what I know, levels for Paradise are not just physical environments (trees, fruits, rivers, mansions, etc) but also tied to a certain level of Divine Knowledge (i.e. knowledge regarding the true nature of Allah(s.w.a)). In the dunya, we are at the furthest point away from this 'arc' of divine knowledge, that it is why is called Dunya (from daniyyat, to go down) because we are at the lowest level or furthest point, from the perspective of this Divine Knowledge. If we make it to Paradise (inShahAllah) we will ascend on this 'arc of existence' as some call it and gain further knowledge until at the highest level we have a total and complete picture of the true nature of existence. This level of knowledge are such that one cannot just 'jump' randomly from one to another. The levels of knowledge must be traversed gradually and in a process.

Just like if you made a baby suddenly an old man, with the knowledge of an old man, the baby would be mystified and shocked. The shock would create trauma. There is no trauma in Paradise, so these levels must be traversed gradually. An old man can understand what a baby is, because an old man was once a baby, but a baby cannot understand what it is like to be an old man, since the baby has never been an old man. It is like that, sort of, based on what I know, but again, this is highly speculative. 

The main reason Paradise is 'Paradise' is because, in this life, there is always a conflict between Spiritual gain and physical existence. In order to make Spiritual gains, we must 'give up' some of our material existence and put ourselves thru hardship. Part of this is in the wajibat like prayer (we give up our time), fasting (we give up food and drink, gossipping, etc), hajj (we give up our time, have endure the hardships of traveling, sleeping outside, being crushed by people as we do tawaf), and khums and zakat (giving up our money) and part of this is in Zuhud (refraining from even the halal things, to an extent). In Paradise, we will have every pleasure imaginable within easy reach, we will not be giving up anything from our material existence, and yet as we engage in these pleasures, at the same time we will be gaining Spiritually, i.e. ascending on the arc of existence. That is why Paradise is not just quantitatively but qualitatively different from the world we currently live in, so it's difficult to give someone, even yourself, a crystal clear picture of what it's like, because it is so different from what we're 'used to'. We need to rely somewhat on Iman and not dwell on this topic too much. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

As correctly observed above, Heaven is described as a place where the righteous, including even the prophets, can continuously evolve and progress spiritualy, as well as in pleasure, expectations and fulfilement of desires, as implied by the description of gardens above one another and the believers requesting a perfection of their light 39:20"those who keep their duty to their Lord, for them are high places, above them higher places, a built (for them), wherein rivers flow. (It is) the promise of Allah. Allah fails not in (His) promise" 66:8"on the day on which Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him; their light shall run on before them and on their right hands; they shall say: Our Lord! make perfect for us our light, and grant us protection, surely Thou hast power over all things".

In 18:3 the Quran describes the dwellers of Heaven as forever in eager expectation, as denoted with makitheen. This is because every pleasure they shall experience, whether spiritual or physical will only increase in intensity. This is in stark contrast with wordly experiences and pleasures, which one anxiously fears their eventual end and destruction. Heaven on the other hand is qualified with the word "aadnin" (often rendered "Eden") which conveys the idea of settlement and stability 35:33.

Edited by Nad_M

21 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Those at higher levels can visit those at lower levels, but those at lower levels cannot visit those at higher levels

Salaam, according to my understanding God will cement and amplify the righteous wordly relations, more particularily among righteous family members, as pictured through a mention of the righteous' offspring, who naturally are the dearest things in one's life, and their situation in the hereafter. Should they merit paradise because of their own deeds, they will be reunited with the righteous even though they might be lower in spiritual rank 52:21-7. This means that as a rule the unification process will be made by upgrading some of those lower in rank, unto the higher stations in which a family member is dwelling, not by downgrading those higher in rank "and We will not diminish to them aught of their work".

On 12/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, Anonymous2144 said:

Salam alaykum brother’s and sister’s 

I difficult question came to my mind and it is, can someone choose their partner on earth not to be with them or to be with them? For example if I’m married to a person on earth can I choose not to be with them in heaven?? And also in heaven can a person choose to stay single? 

Something interesting is that in the NT Jesus was confronted by the Sadducees with a very similar "problem" of a woman married multiple times and having to decide which husband to choose in heaven Matt22:23-33,Mk12:18-27,Lk20:27-40. Like in the times of the prophet Muhammad, the Jewish elite, were always on the lookout for an occasion to ridicule and discredit him. These ones in addition disbelieved in the resurrection

Even though none can really know how such apparently "logical problem" of a woman widowed multiple times will be solved in Heaven, since the Quran repeatedly says none can fully comprehend what awaits us in the Hereafter, and expressedly speaks of its pleasures in terms of similitudes, the Quran does however give some indications that allow the drawing of relevant conclusions.

It firstly says that only the earthly ties based on righteousness will perdure in the hereafter 40:18,43:67, a realm where nothing of what occured on earth is of any value and will vanish except if it agreed with good deeds and spirituality. It then says there will be no grief, insecurities, mutual hatred nor any negative feelings or thoughts whatsoever in Heaven 7:43,49,15:46-7,35:34,56:25-6. The implication is that only pure, spiritually upright thoughts, desires, speech and deeds will occur in Heaven and that all memories associated with experiences compromising this happy state will be uprooted from the hearts (see previous verses). It is the natural consequence of this newly acquired state of spiritual awakening, understanding of the hidden realities and ultimate truths, causing the righteous not to harbour any negativity when recalling this kind of past experiences that are now of no value at all, belonging to a time when one's insight was incomplete, and which could have in fact compromised one's salvation in the hereafter.

This reality is pictured through the example of dwellers of heaven recalling or made to see the finality of people whom they thought were their earthly friends but with whom all ties have now been severed since based on criteria that become invalid in the hereafter 37:50-59,74:39-48.

Desires are dictated by experience. Heaven being a place containing elements from our wordly experiences but on an "improved" and purified level, as well as containing things and possibilities beyond what any mind can conceive, all imply that it is a place where, not only every desire based on these modified "improved" past experiences will surely be satisfied but also that every desire connected with ever new and currently unimaginable experiences will also be met 50:35"They have therein what they wish and with Us is more yet". Keeping in mind that no two individuals have the 100% same exact desires and tastes, and that Heaven is a place of unlimited possibilities beyond what any human mind can conceive, it also implies that no 2 desires will contradict or conflict with one another, let alone the above mentionned principles of the general blissful state of the dwellers. Thoughts and desires will be dictated by a near-perfect state of spiritual awakening and will to never leave this dwelling place 18:107-8 as would be caused by any hypothetical desire -for argument's sake- contradicting the principles of truth.

The question therefore of "wanting" something that another will not "want" does not arise to people with heightened spiritual perception, since it would be contrary to uprightness to enforce one's will unto another.

Keeping in mind what was said about desires being based on experience, which will be completely different in the hereafter, as well as the fact that all the righteous will be recreated in new, improved, yet unknown physical and spiritual conditions, all obviously implies that we will have needs and desires we still have no idea of until this higher reality is unfolded before us. Our current desires, based on an incomplete, lesser, and deficient world will certainly not be the same in the hereafter. This means that, regarding earthly mates for instance, the reasons that led one to desire the other might very well be overruled in the hereafter by new and unknown criteria and experience leading one to desire another available heavenly being, in case the new, "improved" version of the earthly mate does not coincide with the one's new desires. This situation will not affect in anyway the blissful state of any of them, considering that they will be "made happy" individually as well as in their relationship with former earthly mates, independantly of their previous marital status perduring in heaven or not 30:15,43:70.

All people will be introduced and coupled to men and women satisfying their new wishes and newly created deepest desires on all levels. Again, this coupling may or may not be with the former wordly mate, depending on whether these new desires and needs of the one are found and satisfied in the other. 

Although the wives, and all other female dwellers of heaven will be resurrected in a different and "improved" physical shape 55:70-2,78:33 the foremost of their qualities will be their modesty and chastity which is reinforced through the analogy with the protected eggs 55:56"those who restrained their eyes; before them neither man nor jinni shall have touched them" 37:49"As if they were eggs carefully protected". They will be virgins, which is the consequence of their re-creation in the Hereafter 56:35-6, not necessarily a quality in and of itself from a Quranic perspective according to which the real value of a person lies in his or her high moral character, see 66:5etc. Their analogy with protected eggs denotes self-preservation and protection from immorality, they are in addition likened to "hidden" pearls and rubies 55:38,56:23 implying untouched beauty and purity.

This is one of the Quranic axioms regarding the concept of mating in Heaven; the carnal and spiritual will be linked in a most perfect way.

The female mates are also described as "uruban", a word denoting the best qualities of a woman (in her feminity, emotions, manners, love for her husband etc), among "those restraining their eyes" 37:48,38:52 ie chaste. Like the wives, the husbands will be resurrected too, so as to match their wives in many aspects including physical as denoted with atraban 56:37,78:33 (traditions say their ages will be of 33, although nothing in the Quran's words suggests so, this however indicates what was viewed as ideal by men of the time in terms of couples companionship) and as clearly stated in 56:61,71:18 all humanity will be made to grow into another creation, the "likeness" of what it once was 17:99, but whose true reality is currently unknown. The alteration and "improvement" of every human being will thus cover both his physical and spiritual aspects. 56:60-61"and We are not helpless that We may change your forms and create you in another form that you do not know". After saying how the current mode of reproduction is entirely decreed and controlled by God 56:57-8, it says how this method could be changed completely and result in different beings with another set of qualities and characteristics.

Husbands and wives will be comfortably seated, enjoying eachother's presence as well as the pleasures of paradise 36:55-8,56:15-6. As previously said, God does not break ties that were created in this world, but cements them if based on truth and rigtheousness, everlasting values whose fruitful consequences shall be more evident on the Day of Resurrection. Companionship, including friendship, is one of the blessings of this world and a need of the human being, who is a social creature. It reaches its ultimate in Paradise, meaning one will live amongst friends and those one loves. It is only those bonds that were based upon falsehood and untruth that will dissolve, and the Quran repeatedly alludes to the fact that only the righteous will remain eachother's friends in the Hereafter, not forcefully but willfully dissociating themselves from one another 40:18,43:67. We see this phenomenon happening in our own life whenever people come together to commit crimes but are eventually caught and then begin hating and blaming one another when brought to justice. The Quran draws the picture of a person in Paradise recounting his 'friendship' with another, and when seeing the latter's state 37:50-7 will be glad that Allah saved him from that. It shows that even those relationships that one holds dear based upon worldy considerations will ultimately be of no value, if it so happened that one of them opposed truth in his life.