Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammed-Mehdi

I am a Revolutionary - Latmiyeh

Yeah, not a big fan of using children for the political purposes of ideological adults. Big no no.

Let children be children, the horrors of the adult world will hit them like a ton of bricks soon enough. If the adults are such brave revolutionary fighters,they should be doing all they can to insulate their children from the conflicts and struggles.

Semi-related: this is technically music, so that answers some of my previous questions regarding that subject.

2 hours ago, GD41586 said:

Yeah, not a big fan of using children for the political purposes of ideological adults. Big no no.

Let children be children, the horrors of the adult world will hit them like a ton of bricks soon enough. 

We don't  use children for this purpose but in regions like as Lebanon & Syria Zionists & Israel & wahhabists&ISIS don't exclude children from adults they even kill 3 years child because he born as a shia muslim 

Seeking martyrdom for our belief &country is a part of our teachings from childhood  but it's not mandatory but if you born in Lebanon or Iran it becomes a part of you from childhood even somebody not be religious & hardcore he will buys at last a toy gun for his boy child 

2 hours ago, GD41586 said:

they can to insulate their children from the conflicts and struggles.

I wish all over the world it was such conditions as it is in America, where struggle and conflict is an option and not a necessity because Canada and Mexico are threatening to forcefully take your land, kill your family and loved ones and leave you completely humiliated and destroyed.

You can lose a lot of things in life, but one thing you should never lose is your dignity and that's what they are teaching their children, to maintain their dignity, even if it means death.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:38 PM, IbnSina said:

I wish all over the world it was such conditions as it is in America, where struggle and conflict is an option and not a necessity because Canada and Mexico are threatening to forcefully take your land, kill your family and loved ones and leave you completely humiliated and destroyed.

You can lose a lot of things in life, but one thing you should never lose is your dignity and that's what they are teaching their children, to maintain their dignity, even if it means death.

Honestly, you're probably right.

We don't even have dignity in America anymore. The argument is made that we do, but that value was discarded a long time ago along with it's brother, integrity. As I get older, I see it more and more across my own life and the lives of complete strangers. 

Forgive my snappy previous answer for that, it's probably part of the conditioning I'm still working on breaking... I've never been outside the US (I have no money and so no means of traveling anywhere that cannot be accessed by a car) & thus, my perceptions and values are colored by the limited knowledge of the world that I'm able to glean from reading books and talking to people online. 

Again, that was way out of line for me. Sorry.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, GD41586 said:

Let children be children, the horrors of the adult world will hit them like a ton of bricks soon enough. If the adults are such brave revolutionary fighters,they should be doing all they can to insulate their children from the conflicts and struggles.

Semi-related: this is technically music, so that answers some of my previous questions regarding that subject.

Tell that to Qassim(a.s) and Abdullah(a.s) ibn Imam Hassan(a.s)

On 12/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, GD41586 said:

Honestly, you're probably right.

We don't even have dignity in America anymore. The argument is made that we do, but that value was discarded a long time ago along with it's brother, integrity. As I get older, I see it more and more across my own life and the lives of complete strangers. 

Forgive my snappy previous answer for that, it's probably part of the conditioning I'm still working on breaking... I've never been outside the US (I have no money and so no means of traveling anywhere that cannot be accessed by a car) & thus, my perceptions and values are colored by the limited knowledge of the world that I'm able to glean from reading books and talking to people online. 

No worries brother, we all live in different places of the planet facing different types of hardships and difficulties which shape our way of living, values and thoughts like you say.

We all pray for the world to change and for peace and justice with the return of Prophet Jesus(as) and the 12th prince from the line of Prophet Ishmael(as).

7 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

We respect your view ,it's a normal thing that an American receives from msm & brainwash by them the media just relates it to suicidal bombings & other terrorist actions that commits by Isis fighters & wahhabists , they take the idea of seeking martyrdom & distorted to a terrorist action & msm broadcasts their false actions as common behavior of muslims ,it's very good that you see behind the curtain of their lies 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:59 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

We respect your view ,it's a normal thing that an American receives from msm & brainwash by them the media just relates it to suicidal bombings & other terrorist actions that commits by Isis fighters & wahhabists , they take the idea of seeking martyrdom & distorted to a terrorist action & msm broadcasts their false actions as common behavior of muslims ,it's very good that you see behind the curtain of their lies 

Staring out of my garage now, it's very difficult to make sense of the fact that the same sun that is overcast here is also shining down on the rest of the world... Places I will more than likely never visit full of people I'll never even be able to see face to face.

There are two narratives here: both are pushed by the MSM because the goal is to never have your average American be able to understand what is actually happening outside of this country and for what reason. 

The leftists claim to ally with Muslims because of a certain patronizing and parochial mindset that they are oppressed people who want to be "free" like we are over here. They view Islam as a religion of "brown people" that is fundamentally tied to skin color or ethnicity and lack even the most basic understanding of what a "faith for all mankind" would actually entail. They accuse whites who accept Islam as being cultural appropriators who are trying to look "cool" and "different" because in their minds, there is no real difference between a Muslim and a cultural Christian.

Then you have the rightists: they see Islam as an invading force of barbarians who will take "their" women and undermine "their" Christianity (that they tend to only practice when it is expedient to their agendas). They see Islam and immediately think of these suicide bombings, terror attacks, and are really the same folks who were always up in arms about America needing to have some great enemy to confront and defeat because without some source of conflict, their lives have no real meaning or purpose. These are the folks who I believe would generally be very agreeable with the moral and ethical sides of Islam, but their own pride and chauvanism for how "We do it over here" prevents them from seeing Muslims, even their neighbors, as anything short of a threat that needs to be confronted in order to restore "their" place in American society and thus, the world as an extension.

Either way, it's a lot different from what I've been exposed to by posting on here from "either side" and the more I do post and read on here, the less I am able to relate to either of these ideological mindsets at all. 

6 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

The best reply to a fool is silence.

Or perhaps it's explaining to them why they are mistaken because they really have an interest in learning what is objectively true rather than taking the easy way out and labeling them a fool?

Just a thought.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, GD41586 said:

Yeah, these things are easy to say as long as you are not from Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebonan, Iran, etc. 

2 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Yeah, these things are easy to say as long as you are not from Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebonan, Iran, etc. 

Hence why they're easy to say and I have already addressed why I was probably wrong in my visceral gut reaction to this video.

I only get one side of the story, the Israeli side.

3 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Not like this though

I'm sorry you feel that way.

God bless you, your family and your nation. May no harm come upon any of them and may any children you have grow up to be pillars of their community and bless you with a multitude of grandkids.

Edit: I am very regretful to have offended you with my callous words about a serious subject due to my lack of understanding of the world outside my own experience. What I posted was callous and smug and as someone trying to gain an understanding of objective truth in the world, I hope that God will forgive my presumptuous attitude. 

Edited by GD41586
Apology