Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
wolverine

#52 Have You Ever Played on an Organized Sports Team?

Poll #52  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Played in an Organized Sports Team?

• Yes
    • No

As a child I was much too clumsy for sports. Even in school recess or neighborhood games, I was among the last to be picked for a team. 

As an adult, my coordination has improved to within the range of normal, but I'm too non-sociable to be involved in team sports. 

Edited by notme
Typo.

I've always found team sports more enjoyable than individual ones, and being in a league just adds that modicum of enjoyable intensity.

Plus who says it's not jihad to put a Mohamed ahead of all of the Harry's and Lucy's in the goal-scoring charts of the local 7v7 adult soccer league?

I played every major team sport for my school.  Football, cricket, basketball, American football and baseball.  I still play cricket at a decent level and don't have time for other sports anymore.  Never got into individual sports that much but they are fun as well, I just enjoy team sports a lot more.

Edited by King

I played football/soccer from the age of 6 until the age of 15-16. I quit because I broke my collarbone and stayed at home for a while, only to realise how much I just enjoyed reading instead of running and all that. Oh... And I started disliking my team more and more. Some of those kids were bullies.

I wish I never stopped though, having such sport at the age of 20 is a great way to stay fit. 

I played football (soccer) for my school and captained the school cricket team. Also played cricket at a local club in England.