Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed1993

Taxes and Developing countries

Rate this topic

Do you agree that high taxes are the reasons many developing economies are poor, or is it more due to unbridled capitalism and an extension of corporatism? Note I don't agree with him on the well intentioned part, just the part about taxes is what i'm interested in. I know this is a movie btw. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

Capitalism and government 

taxation is necessary for communities and therefore nations to grow and survive

if the government is good then taxation will be good

Capitalism of today is a disease

immoral, irreligious, and supports movements like Zionism honestly capitalism and pc culture is an excuse for perpetual wars...

Edited by Ralvi

Would need to do more research but I highly suspect this is the case.  First of all I really doubt taxes are even collected properly in those countries.  Secondly, Africa has some of the richest individuals in the world, there is tremendous income inequality.  If anything it is the filthy rich who should be taxed properly but there is just too much corruption there for taxes to be collected properly and spent.  I know for a fact that hardly anyone in Pakistan pays taxes, despite what the rates are, no one even knows or cares.

6 minutes ago, King said:

Would need to do more research but I highly suspect this is the case.  First of all I really doubt taxes are even collected properly in those countries.  Secondly, Africa has some of the richest individuals in the world, there is tremendous income inequality.  If anything it is the filthy rich who should be taxed properly but there is just too much corruption there for taxes to be collected properly and spent.  I know for a fact that hardly anyone in Pakistan pays taxes, despite what the rates are, no one even knows or cares.

I suspect the issue is too much tax on the middle-class and poor, and the rich just have enough resources to evade them. I think the problem however is that the government cannot provide all the jobs, so if investors feel they are taxed too heavily then they will just not invest heavily in the country and then the issue is do the middle-class and poor remain jobless instead of earning crappy wages, which is bad but better than nothing. 

3 hours ago, King said:

Woah really.. that’s awful

5 hours ago, King said:

Salam ,first in third world countries tax paying is for mid & poor class people not rich people that poor ones can't afford taxes & rich people doesn't care about it, secondly the rich people of Africa prefer to waste money on their luxury life as buying personal Jets & cars even food ,recently i watched  a documentary that a rich Pakistani guy was ordering luxury food from london to serve in his personal jet just for himself which we see some traces of it between Iranian Authorities nowadays specially between high ranking Government Authorities that caused people react to it  

in our countries westernized economy tax system is like as a cancer that consumes everything & destroys body from the Qajar era that western banks entered to Iran targeted Islamic tax system as Khums & Zakat then introduced a distorted version of western economy that from base was based on Riba (Usury) that completely against all religious & moral economic system of Iran so people abandoned Islamic economy & followed new system but never trusted it that we see this havok in our current  economy  because economist & bankers that using westernized economy label it at islamic & disguise it in islamic words & reject opinion of Marjas that is based on Riba but in recent years some groups tried to renovate Islamic tax system for our era but nobody accepts them in government & authorities but they still have hope & try to make it workable in future inshaAllah.