Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Maria Shah

Committed sins

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Got into the wrong crowd when younger due to tough family life. Committed zina, drunk alcohol, ate haram food...can my sins be forgiven if I turn my life around from today and for good? I have begged mum to find me a boy and I want to get married soon as. This life has depressed me and made me sick to the point it’s affected my mental health and I ended up in situation I couldn’t get out of and took me on the path far from deen. I want to change I want to be a good Muslim and I want a good akhira, can I ever be forgiven for my sins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Young lady, if you’re sincere he will forgive. Once you have felt the light of Imam Ali, the light of Allah you will never want to turn back.

please do a ghusl or at least wuzu

please today, right now read Dua Kumayl and read Hadith e kisa. Do all your qaza prayers and make dua to never be turned away and to receive mercy

call out to your master, cry a lot. Cry and cry and you’ll surely feel that warmth

another thing go ahead read one chapter of the Quran (whatever language)

and also if you’re passionate tonight-watch a lecture on The life of Imam Ali and Imam Hussein. If you speak Urdu watch a lecture on YouTube from channel alkhloei for the last month of Muharram and Safar

Duas.org

islamic pulse

thaqlain 

These are good YouTube channels

End your day with Surah ikhlaas and talk to the imam of our time in your sleep or before you sleep

be sincere and he is already there

 

Edited by Ralvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maria Shah said:

Got into the wrong crowd when younger due to tough family life. Committed zina, drunk alcohol, ate haram food...can my sins be forgiven if I turn my life around from today and for good? I have begged mum to find me a boy and I want to get married soon as. This life has depressed me and made me sick to the point it’s affected my mental health and I ended up in situation I couldn’t get out of and took me on the path far from deen. I want to change I want to be a good Muslim and I want a good akhira, can I ever be forgiven for my sins?

Being born in the west and grown up here i did all those things you mentioned too. I did it mostly because I am confident i wouldn't have survived being a victim of society so i needed something to lean against to shut the pain. Call it being a victim of society or whatever but everything happens for a reason. I think girls have it easier though because they are always in demand but it is a lot more difficult for men.

Yes i believe Allah does forgive but it depends on the sincerety of our repentance. I think if you cry from the heart and ask for forgiveness and feel lighter, blessed and loved then its as if Allah has forgiven us. 

Edited by Murtaza1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Murtaza1 said:

Being born in the west and grown up here i did all those things you mentioned too. I did it mostly because I am confident i wouldn't have survived being a victim of society so i needed something to lean against to shut the pain. Call it being a victim of society or whatever but everything happens for a reason. I think girls have it easier though because they are always in demand but it is a lot more difficult for men.

Yes i believe Allah does forgive but it depends on the sincerety of our repentance. I think if you cry from the heart and ask for forgiveness and feel lighter, blessed and loved then its as if Allah has forgiven us. 

Salam

As one success coach say "it is not our condisions it is our decisions that shape our life",and that is so true

I was born&raise at west too,but not do any of that stuff.

My biggest sin was leave some wajibs,as consequese of learning Islamic law from wrong people

i am not point finger at you.You may be far way better muslim than me

I am point finger at your excuse,because you dont have any

Wa salam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AidAsSadik said:

Salam

As one success coach say "it is not our condisions it is our decisions that shape our life",and that is so true

I was born&raise at west too,but not do any of that stuff.

My biggest sin was leave some wajibs,as consequese of learning Islamic law from wrong people

i am not point finger at you.You may be far way better muslim than me

I am point finger at your excuse,because you dont have any

Wa salam

W'salam,

Honestly I think everybody is different. We are all very unique as individual human beings. I dont think another person can completely understand how something effects another. Some people may be able to tolerate pain but others can't even if that person is taller and stronger than the other, the mental power is different. Its good that you stayed away from major sins, well done. Its not that i didnt want to follow and explore the right path which wasnt even made clear to me even though i am from a shia family, it was just extremely difficult to find support and love. 

Edited by Murtaza1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Murtaza1 said:

Honestly I think everybody is different. We are all very unique as individual human beings. I dont think another person can completely understand how something effects another. Some people may be able to tolerate pain but others can't even if that person is taller and stronger than the other, the mental power is different. Its good that you stayed away from major sins, well done. Its not that i didnt want to follow and explore the right path which wasnt even made clear to me even though i am from a shia family, it was just extremely difficult to find support and love. 

Salam

You are right we are all unique and different,and respond at different way to same events

Again,i am not pointing at you,just at excuse,but as we both agree,we are not all same

Essential thing is,that at end of day you find right path,and insha'Allah you stay on it.

And,yes,you have my love and support any time.It is virtual,but honest,as brother to brother.

Wa salam

Edited by AidAsSadik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To despair of Allah's سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى mercy is very very very big sin. Have faith in Allah's سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى mercy and repent sincerely, iA you will be forgiven. Then, never repeat these sins and start building yourself a new and virtuous life of good deeds.

Edited by AStruggler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AidAsSadik said:

Salam

You are right we are all unique and different,and respond at different way to same events

Again,i am not pointing at you,just at excuse,but as we both agree,we are not all same

Essential thing is,that at end of day you find right path,and insha'Allah you stay on it.

And,yes,you have my love and support any time.It is virtual,but honest,as brother to brother.

Wa salam

I am glad that we agree brother. It is the grace of Allah that i have not slipped to go back to my old ways for ten years now and kept up with my obligatory acts continuesly. I am sure the sister can do it too. 

Wa salam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our innate nature can help us differentiate right from wrong on a basic level. The lifestyle you mentioned is very toxic and destructive for our mental and spiritual well-being. It certainly is a blessing how you decided to leave that lifestyle subhanallah, considering how many Muslims are okay with drinking alcohol, attending harram gatherings etc. You should thank Allah that he allowed you to pull yourself out of that deep and dark hole. It's only the start sister, your journey begins here. 

When we keep sinning, our hearts harden in the process and we can't think rationally because wisdom is instilled by Allah, and we won't acquire it by ourselves. Allah has instilled wisdom in you, and you are able to see light. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quran says: " و لا تقربو الزنا"

Translation:" Don't even get close to Zina".

It doesn't say don't do Zina. It says don't even get CLOSE to it. Bad friends, being away from mosque, forgetting prays etc. All lead to unpredictable outcomes. 

Same Quran says:" توبو توبه نصوحا"

Translation:" Do tawbah like Nasouh".

So yeah, if you repent, forget the past, and be hopeful and follower of Ahlulbait for future, Allah not only forgives your past, but also changes all of them to حسنات. Be hopeful, energetic, down to earth, and follower of Ahlulbait. Inshaallah it all goes well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

 

Jazakalah its a nice video with emotional background music and beutiful landscape visuals it really answers the question well. 

The parts I find most interesting are 3:30 about how some people that make mistakes and then seek forgiveness become obsessed with the thought that if they make another mistake then Allah would abandon them when in fact at 6:30 the speaker tells us that Allah loves us including the sinners more than we know and if we knew this and how much he wants us to return to him (especially the sinners) then we would die because we would not be able to comprehend it and as he says at 8:00 Allah loves those that make tauba and those that keep returning to him but I would like to add that there has to be genuine sincerety not to return to sinning of course. 

Edited by Murtaza1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a reason Allah introduces Himself to humanity in every chapter of the Quran by saying "In the Name of God. The Lord of Mercy. The Giver of Mercy".

Allah is more Merciful to His creation than a mother is to her new born infant. Think about that. 

Your heart keeps breaking because you keep loving the things the way you're supposed to love Allah. He is the only beloved who never breaks the hearts of His lovers.

If you think that you won't be forgiven because of the things you do, then you don't understand Allah. He is the most perfect. He knows you better than you know yourself. He knows about problems that you have, that you don't even know you have. He knows what you're going through at all times. 

The fact that you're even wanting to come back to Allah is a blessing in itself. A lot of people don't get that chance or that feeling.

Allah says in the Quran that he guides whomever He wills, and He leaves astray whomever He wills. So if you are feeling you want to come back, that is a blessing that you should take advantage of.

Allah is most forgiving. No doubt you will be forgiven if you are sincere. 

Remember, every rakkah you pray, Allah erases away some of your bad deeds. 

So by default, you will already be having some of your sins removed each time you pray. 

Both heaven and hell were made for sinners. Rather heaven was made for repentant sinners.

I have done many bad and major sins myself, including all the ones you just mentioned, and more, and I still continue to sin. (I stopped drinking over a year ago).

But you know what, that doesn't stop me from doing my five daily prayers. I wake up for fajr every day. I do Salatul Layl whenever I can. I read at least 10 ayahs of the Quran everyday. I listen to Quran and dua. < ---- I do all of this, all while continuing to sin. 

You remind me of myself. I've done all the things you have done, and more, yet I'm still praying, reading Quran, doing tasbeeh, remembering Allah, asking for forgiveness etc. etc. etc.

Now, one might be wondering how can someone do all those sins, and still be religious, still have a connection to Allah, still read Quran, and all that stuff.

Its because I understand Allah. I understand that He is Most forgiving. No matter how many bad sins you commit, He is always there for you. He will never abandon you. Some connection to Allah is better than no connection to Allah. Am I right?

The reason I'm telling you that about myself is because if I can do it, then believe me, so can you. Without a shadow of the slightest doubt.

No matter how bad you may think you are, you can still do your religious obligations. Allah loves it when we turn back to Him. Its better than never turning to Him. 

So don't worry, if someone like myself who has done all that you have done & more, is still doing his religious obligations, and having a connection with Him... then of course you can to. You just need to be sincere.

So my advice to you, is go make wudu, go do a two rakkah prayer, and when you're done, have an honest conversation with Allah. Let Him know how you feel. Let it all out. Its okay to cry. Sometimes you just need to release all your emotions. Cry it out, plead with Him. Ask for forgiveness. Its not good to hold things up inside. Yes He knows how you feel, but its better that you speak about it yourself. He loves it when you speak to Him. There is a sense of spiritual calmness and blissfulness that you feel when you speak to Him.

Allah can be your best friend. And what better friend can anyone have, than the Almighty Himself.

You will be fine. I was once in your position, and Alhamdulillah, here I am. And I am no where near perfect.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. It is never too late to turn back. You just have to be sincere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, Maria Shah said:

Got into the wrong crowd when younger due to tough family life. Committed zina, drunk alcohol, ate haram food...can my sins be forgiven if I turn my life around from today and for good? I have begged mum to find me a boy and I want to get married soon as. This life has depressed me and made me sick to the point it’s affected my mental health and I ended up in situation I couldn’t get out of and took me on the path far from deen. I want to change I want to be a good Muslim and I want a good akhira, can I ever be forgiven for my sins?

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Have you taken any steps to change?

This means removing or blocking non mahram men from your phone.  Not going out with men on dates, or chatting with them over the phone.

Breaking all ties with non mahrams. No shaking hands, flirty smiles, or any physical contact.

Try your utmost to live a life of chastity and haya.

Make istighfar and most importantly don't return to that lifestyle. 

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...