Rate this topic

The vulnerable prophet ayuub- there was no living place on him that did not have sores

The prophet Jakob lost his sight due to tears and crying

The prophet yusuf was thrown into a well

The prophet zekeriyaa was stabbed with a saw in a tree when he was inside it

Our prophet mohamad s.a.w.s- despite the fact that he went through many many many times worse than all of this, he managed to get through every trial.

a problem is just a problem, and if we take sadness as mere sadness, then of course and without any doubt, we will fall into depression.

However, if we take a problem, sadness and a desperate situation as a test, then what will happen? Think about prophet Yusuf in the well, or prophet Yunus in the abdomen of a fish : who pulled them out??! without a doubt, with every hardship, there is ease. 

Does Allah almighty not tell us directly?

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

وَوَضَعْنَا عَنكَ وِزْرَكَ 

الَّذِي أَنقَضَ ظَهْرَكَ 

وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ 

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا 

إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا 

فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَانصَبْ 

وَإِلَى رَبِّكَ فَارْغَبْ

Have We not expanded for you your breast?
And We removed from you your burden,
Which weighed down your back?
And We exalted for you your reputation?
Then, surely with hardship comes ease:
Surely, with hardship comes ease,
So when you have finished, still strive hard
And to your Lord turn (all) your attention.

Do not leave the valley of hopefulness, there is always hope! Do not succumb to the darkness, cause there are always sunrays 

@RepentantServant, @Gaius I. Caesar, @zionismdestroyer, @Khadim uz Zahra, @ali_fatheroforphans, @Sirius_Bright, @laithAlIRAQI, @Ibn Al-Ja'abi, @Asghar Ali Karbalai, @Ralvi, @Sumerian@2Timeless

Thank you sis, a quick note about depression, it's not just mere sadness. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain and hereditary; You have to inherit it. Intense sadness does not equal depression and vice-versa. @Ruqaya101

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Thank you dear sister, to write this out and take time out of your day

truly may Allah guide us all and give you a bright and fruitful future inshallah

and Allah please let us share in the burden that our Imam carries...

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected sister @Ruqaya101

Wallah sister it is true but some hardships are really really hardships like literally.

May we get the sadaqah of Mohammad(saww) o Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) to ease the hardships, Ameen ya Rabbi.

:bismillah:

لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا 

لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا مَا آتَاهَا

Is there anything like "hardship" exist after these great promises? Everything looking big or hard to us, is always within the range of tolerance and can be handled with sabr & salah (dhikr).

Wassalam.

8 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Thank you sis, a quick note about depression, it's not just mere sadness. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain and hereditary; You have to inherit it. Intense sadness does not equal depression and vice-versa. @Ruqaya101

SELLAM MY GREEK!

yes, I do know about the chemical imbalances, actually I had taken a full study on depression, schizhophrenia and other mental disorders... actually the sad thing is its such a taboo (mental disorders) within most muslim countries. They dont really know what mental health is.

Is mental illness more terrible or is physical illness?

I say Mental illness. That is because Mental illness is for longer time than physical illness

@Salsabeel السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:26 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

SELLAM MY GREEK!

yes, I do know about the chemical imbalances, actually I had taken a full study on depression, schizhophrenia and other mental disorders... actually the sad thing is its such a taboo (mental disorders) within most muslim countries. They dont really know what mental health is.

Ikr tell me about it ; they think all mental illnesses have to do with the shaytan

dont get me wrong depression can be from the shaytan, but it also has to do with our lifestyle and how we're living it 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Is mental illness more terrible or is physical illness?

I say Mental illness. That is because Mental illness is for longer time than physical illness

Yes I agree too 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Alaikas-Salam Brother!

Alhamdolillah, I am fine & well, just busy in finishing few projects.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:56 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:

Ikr tell me about it ; they think all mental illnesses have to do with the shaytan

dont get me wrong depression can be from the shaytan, but it also has to do with our lifestyle and how we're living it 

Mental illness is not at all linked with Shaytan. People used to say/ still in some parts of world say that schizophrenic patients are a victim of BIG TIME 'Waswas' by Shaytan and it could be result of their bad deeds that they are suffering.

A muslim shia psychologist told me that it had nothing to do with Shaytan reason being what type of shaytan is this that after the schizophrenic patient takes the medicine the shaytan goes away. I mean it is not practically logically fitting the concept here.

Shaytan's waswasa has nothing to do with medicines.

We know Quran stops the waswasa problem in us not some medicine.

So it has nothing to do with Shaytan.

One thing from time I have realised is that 'Night's sleep' is very important or mental health but then I wonder what about those who have been working in night shift for years.

Morever mental illness has nothing to do with genetics either as told to me by that Psychologist.

It can develop in anywhere. Root cause of mental illness could be 'fear' and 'fear' of anything and religion also has a lot in it like for example a person may fall into washing his hands repeatedly over and over fearing that his/her hands are impure this category can also fall under 'OCD' which is obbsessive compulsion disorder. 

Excessive cleanliness can also lead to OCD in people, if their parents are bound to too much cleanliness, over time their children can develop OCD.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:55 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Mental illness is not at all linked with Shaytan. People used to say/ still in some parts of world say that schizophrenic patients are a victim of BIG TIME 'Waswas' by Shaytan and it could be result of their bad deeds that they are suffering.

A muslim shia psychologist told me that it had nothing to do with Shaytan reason being what type of shaytan is this that after the schizophrenic patient takes the medicine the shaytan goes away. I mean it is not practically logically fitting the concept here.

Shaytan's waswasa has nothing to do with medicines.

We know Quran stops the waswasa problem in us not some medicine.

So it has nothing to do with Shaytan.

One thing from time I have realised is that 'Night's sleep' is very important or mental health but then I wonder what about those who have been working in night shift for years.

Morever mental illness has nothing to do with genetics either as told to me by that Psychologist.

It can develop in anywhere. Root cause of mental illness could be 'fear' and 'fear' of anything and religion also has a lot in it like for example a person may fall into washing his hands repeatedly over and over fearing that his/her hands are impure this category can also fall under 'OCD' which is obbsessive compulsion disorder. 

Excessive cleanliness can also lead to OCD in people, if their parents are bound to too much cleanliness, over time their children can develop OCD.

I understand where you're coming from brother, you have made good points here

But the shaytan can also trigger mental illness, especially OCD

like say you have depression or anxiety or OCD and the shaytan is there whispering some nasty stuff in your heart that'll make you feel more angry, sad or depressed and that's the shaytan's goal anyway to make us feel bad or to make us feel like we're bad muslims when were not

let me briefly share my experience 

I had OCD for nearly two years and it was hell, it even lead me physically harming myself. I know it doesn't make sense but thats what i used to do and it was crazy as hell. Whenever I'd pray, work, or sleep or any activity I would get these crazy waswas that affected me on a daily basis. And I never told anyone at first for some reason, not even my parents it was just so hard for me to open up to them about it. Till one night, I felt like i could no longer breathe, it was like all these thoughts consumed me and the shaytan was controlling me. So I broke it to my dad and he literally understood what i was going through because he also went to through the same thing and apparently it was worse for him. So he gave me some advice and it took me a while to get rid of it and alhamdullilah with Allah's mercy i recovered. I mean i didn't get diagnosed or anything, I just had to change my lifestyle bc i was always stuck in my room and i had to be surrounded by people as in family. My parents would even let me do my homework in the living area.

Even though you may say that mental illnesses have nothing to do with the shaytan(la), he can still trigger it. Waswasa is very common and it is linked to OCD. And i also read that the shaytan does this to ppl who have strong iman, like because you're refraining yourself from sinning, the shaytan will try to make you feel bad by implementing these thoughts in your head making you think you're a bad muslim or even a kafir.

And some mental illnesses do have to do with genetics; I got OCD from my dad, he used to have the same problem when he was my age apparently but not all mental illnesses like depression and anxiety most likely got to do with lifestyle habits.

i could write more but i cbs

fee amanillah

@3wliya_maryam

Here is something for you.

Somebody asked Moula Ali(asws) why so many whispers of shaytan during prayers so much distraction?

Moula Ali(asws) replied, A robber never enters an empty home to rob he enters the home filled with valuable items, same is the case with shaytan.

Jazakallah sister for this post we all have sufferings in life. All of them presented to us from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى as tests. It will end soon.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:40 PM, Ruqaya101 said:

The vulnerable prophet ayuub- there was no living place on him that did not have sores

The prophet Jakob lost his sight due to tears and crying

The prophet yusuf was thrown into a well

The prophet zekeriyaa was stabbed with a saw in a tree when he was inside it

Our prophet mohamad s.a.w.s- despite the fact that he went through many many many times worse than all of this, he managed to get through every trial.

Salam ,Imam Mahdi will face to all of their hardships too beside that he suffers from our sadness too.