Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should couples have licenses to have kids?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

There are many unqualified couples I see that have kids. They're too poor but have kids. Physically some people have physical conditions that shouldn't be passed down. Mentally some people have terrible conditions like depression. Should couples be analyzed for economical, physical, and mental tests before they're given the green light to have children?

No. Having children is within our biology and our children are just a test for us. That’s it. 

• Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum,

I think, if it would be at all possible to implement fairly,  that all would be parents should attend mandatory classes pre-pregnancy, or immediately once it is known a child has been conceived.

I have been witness to MANY people in my own life who end up not having a clue what they are doing in terms of the way they treat their kids and the damage they inflict upon them at extremelly early ages, be it ignorantly or intentionally. When someone tries to advise them, they get all offended and ego takes over, which doesnt do anyone any good, especially the children. "NO ONES GOING TO TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KID!" Really? Even if youre doing it WRONG and its going to cause harm on the child?? This has got to be one of the most close minded things to say:/

If classes were made mandatory, it may save some kids from abuse and a life of multiple problems as an adult...the thing is, who would design these classes and decide what is appropriate to teach parents? I dont have ANY faith that it could be properly implemented in the USA...

W/s

• Moderators

It is tempting say yes when you've seen so many parents who neglect or abuse their children, intentionally or due to issues like poor health or extreme poverty, but in reality, who should we trust to determine who should have children? Should wealth be a prerequisite? Even knowing that children growing up in middle class and wealthy families tend to lack empathy and suffer more mental and behavioral problems than children in working class families? Should health? Some of the best parents I've known were physically disabled or had a diagnosed mental illness. Lifestyle choices? Who decides and on what criteria? 

So basically, no. But I like the idea of requiring parenting classes, and also it would improve conditions for everyone if nobody were in extreme poverty and everyone got the medical care that they need. 

Edited by notme

People should donate to vaselgel it’s a birth control that is similar to vacsectomy no scalp but it is reversible. The birth control has been studied for years now and they have been doing a lot testing with animals and they have been successful but they need money to get tested on human beings I wish everyone woud donate in Shi’a chat it would be great if it came Because it’s 100% effective and it will also help couples that don’t want kids or not ready yet and also prevent many terrible mistakes. 

For the poor couple Allah says He will sustain for the kids and the parents so that’s not really an escuse if Allah said to He will sustain for them. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

For the poor couple Allah says He will sustain for the kids and the parents so that’s not really an escuse if Allah said to He will sustain for them. 

Word. Reliance on Allah is key. This should be at the forefront of your mind in regards to any situation.

• Advanced Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/americas-heroin-epidemic/born-addicted-number-opioid-addicted-babies-soaring-n806346

This article shows what happens to babies born when they were in their mothers wombs and they used addictive narcotics and how they're increasing.

If the laws I suggested were put into places these kids wouldn't be living miserable lives they didn't ask for and this wouldn't be a problem. Drug addicts shouldn't even have the right to have kids.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Forgottenthinker said:

Drug addicts shouldn't even have the right to have kids.

But how do you prevent it? Forced sterilization? Abortion? Removal of the infant after birth? 

If an addict hasn't been arrested or hospitalized yet, there is not likely to be a record of her drug abuse. 

• Veteran Member

Yes definitely! people should not be allowed to have as many kids as they want. It's the biggest responsibility, people have all kinds of cruel ideas about which people deserve to live and which people are contributing to the society and which people are just waste of resources. People have told me to commit suicide because I am not useful and I am not contributing to the society. I say, it's more cruel to bring people in the world and arranging a hunger games like contest to see which ones deserve to live, compared to not bringing many people in the world. Babies don't just need space and food, they need love, care and proper upbringing. They need to be taught moral values and it's common sense that parents can do a better job at upbringing kids if they have less kids. 

Edited by rkazmi33
  • Advanced Member
On 12/6/2018 at 7:41 PM, RepentantServant said:

Word. Reliance on Allah is key. This should be at the forefront of your mind in regards to any situation.

But Allah also says help yourself and I'll help you. Is it wise for a poor couple to have 5 kids, knowing each time they will struggle to provide for their kids? Not in my opinion. Accidents do happen, and if they happen, go with the flow, but people should plan wisely. This also goes for rich people with issues providing emotional and mental support for their kids. 

• Advanced Member

Salam, i would say yes if an infallible human  like a prophet and imam was in charge because an infallibe human will right a way know who is telling the truth and who is lying but a fallible human will never know that. A fallible human will know people's intention and actions etc.  A fallible human will never be able to make right just and truthful decision. All the criminals abuser, liars and sick disgusting minded people will get away and the innocent People will be trapped in this kind of laws. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

But Allah also says help yourself and I'll help you. Is it wise for a poor couple to have 5 kids, knowing each time they will struggle to provide for their kids? Not in my opinion. Accidents do happen, and if they happen, go with the flow, but people should plan wisely. This also goes for rich people with issues providing emotional and mental support for their kids. 

Agreed 110%

On 12/7/2018 at 6:41 AM, RepentantServant said:

This verse was only for the people who were rich that thought that if they had kids they would be poor and and also another verse right after it says to not kill your kids due to poverty. In conclusion this means if a person wants kids but wouldn’t have them due to poverty then that’s a sin since Allah is the one that sustains for you and for them. Allah also says He will sustain for and for them in the verse after it. The only thing you should be asking yourself is are you willing to take responsibility or not because raising kids is a challenge and a test that you can choose to take or not. 

• Veteran Member
On 12/5/2018 at 7:56 PM, Forgottenthinker said:

There are many unqualified couples I see that have kids. They're too poor but have kids. Physically some people have physical conditions that shouldn't be passed down. Mentally some people have terrible conditions like depression. Should couples be analyzed for economical, physical, and mental tests before they're given the green light to have children?

Yes absolutely!!!

Esp in USA 

• Veteran Member
On 12/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, notme said:

But how do you prevent it? Forced sterilization? Abortion? Removal of the infant after birth? 

If an addict hasn't been arrested or hospitalized yet, there is not likely to be a record of her drug abuse. 

Forced sterilization and mass incarceration keeping sexes separate 

Let's start in Chicago 

• Veteran Member
On 12/5/2018 at 8:10 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

People who abuse and misuse kids shouldn't have them but otherwise that would be such a huge violation of human rights to deny people childbearing/rearing. 

Overpopulation will lead to more wars