Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lion of Shia

i dont hate all americans,but i need to get this off my chest!

Rate this topic

as salaam alakim!!!

I need to get this off my chest, im not against all americans,(some are nice and look out for people), but I get made fun of and picked on a lot, and I feel some americans don't like me. And I kno or I heard shias are not against the American people, im not against all,but there are some out there who are cruel and evil, like the ones in my town, which brings me to the conclusion that we should not generalize either way or blindly accept people. Im afraid shias will turn on me if I tell them I have a problem with some of the American people, im being bullyied and harassed by some. I don't like those kind. Im also afraid shias would not accept me if I told them this.

5 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

And I kno or I heard shias are not against the American people, im not against all,but there are some out there who are cruel and evil, like the ones in my town,

this is same for shias too we generally like them but don't like whole of them same as you ,we can find more stubborn people between Americans than the rest of the world , it's natural that you have problem with some of them 

a fmaous quote from Hadith about Imam Ali (as) says that b..trds hate him & true born love him ,this is same for shias because most of Shia born & also converts are true children of their parents by religion & law that causes their trouble with out of marriage born  people that America has a significant number of these type of people but shias respect to patriotism  & loving the country that they live in so you must be talk with caution about it to other Shias but nobody criticize you for complaining from people ,if you talk with other shias you will understand that some of them have same situation as you.

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪birth outside of marriage+pew research‬‏

the countries that have lesser rate , have better relation with shias .

Salam aleykom bro.

Listen, you need to become more self confident. People sense whether you're confident or not. They will rather pick less confident people as victims, so work on your self image and become more secure within yourself and InshaAllah your problems will decrease.

10 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

I need to get this off my chest, im not against all americans,(some are nice and look out for people), but I get made fun of and picked on a lot, and I feel some americans don't like me. And I kno or I heard shias are not against the American people, im not against all,but there are some out there who are cruel and evil, like the ones in my town, which brings me to the conclusion that we should not generalize either way or blindly accept people. Im afraid shias will turn on me if I tell them I have a problem with some of the American people, im being bullyied and harassed by some. I don't like those kind. Im also afraid shias would not accept me if I told them this.

Salaam brother,

It's not easy to do but don't care for what others think of you. Sometimes it is their own jealousy and inferiority that they project on others by trying to make others feel bad.

Stay true and honest to yourself.

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

this is same for shias too we generally like them but don't like whole of them same as you ,we can find more stubborn people between Americans than the rest of the world , it's natural that you have problem with some of them 

a fmaous quote from Hadith about Imam Ali (as) says that b..trds hate him & true born love him ,this is same for shias because most of Shia born & also converts are true children of their parents by religion & law that causes their trouble with out of marriage born  people that America has a significant number of these type of people but shias respect to patriotism  & loving the country that they live in so you must be talk with caution about it to other Shias but nobody criticize you for complaining from people ,if you talk with other shias you will understand that some of them have same situation as you.

ÙتÛج٠تصÙÛØ±Û Ø¨Ø±Ø§Û âªbirth outside of marriage+pew researchâ¬â

the countries that have lesser rate , have better relation with shias .

A [Edited Out] coulndt be a friend of shias or even becoming shia ?

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

out of marriage born  people that America has a significant number of these type of people 

There is a big problem with the statistics. This only accounts for legally registered marriage. There are economic disadvantages to legal marriage for many Americans, including most working class people. A lot of these "out of wedlock" births are to people who are in a religious marriage which is not registered with the state. 

My husband and I are not legally married, so on these statistics our son is illigetimate. Obviously he isn't, but that's what the numbers say. 

Not saying there aren't illigetimate births, just it is less common than statistics indicate. More than likely, the OP's problem is something else. 

11 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

I get made fun of and picked on a lot

How old are you ? Are you in school or are you older ?

I feel some americans don't like me

Not everyone is liked by everyone else.

there are some out there who are cruel and evil

Those are just people that have their own problems in life and let it out on others. 

like the ones in my town

Where do you live exactly?

Im afraid shias will turn on me if I tell them I have a problem with some of the American people, im being bullyied and harassed by some.

Well, if you're being bullied and harassed then that's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Where and how is this happening ?

I don't like those kind.

Noboody likes those kind of people. As I mentioned above they're normally people with problems of their own and they vent their problems onto others.

Im also afraid shias would not accept me if I told them this.

A logical and sensible person will accept you despite this.

Bottom line is that bullying or harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. Also, this isn't a race or nationality thing. Its a person thing. Sadly, bullies exist worldwide but its how we choose to deal with them that makes the difference. If its just verbal berating then start ignoring them, if its physical then you need to contact the appropriate authorities.

58 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Salam aleykom bro.

Listen, you need to become more self confident. People sense whether you're confident or not. They will rather pick less confident people as victims, so work on your self image and become more secure within yourself and InshaAllah your problems will decrease.

That's exactly what it is. Bullies love picking on the weak, it gives them a sick sense of pleasure and it makes them feel strong. A bully never picks on a strong person. I'm not talking about physically strong, I'm talking about mentally strong and confident people.

Edited by Akbar673

12 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

Salam, everywhere i go and every new people I meet, certain non muslim people making me abused by new people emotionally and psychologically. Because of some lies that God forbid i am a bad person,God for bid certain group of people are not safe with me and God for bid i think in a bad way about certain group of people. i feel so disgusted and feel ashame of what these sick disgusting minded people think about me. i never talk about it so openly before except recently with two people.  i do not know how, where and why these disgusting nasty sick minded people come with these disgusting lies about me.  everything i do, what i say, how i look and walk etc these people take it in a wrong way. my every reaction and is watch and is taken in a wrong way because of these liess. now i even question humanity whether it exist because the way i am being treated because of these lies that i do not know anything about it . i hope you are a sane adult person as i do not have hidden knowledge of things and do not know who is who online, i hope you are not offended by my question,  it is because of these lies i want to make sure people do not take me in a wrong way.

Edited by learn

4 hours ago, alidu78 said:

A [Edited Out] coulndt be a friend of shias or even becoming shia ?

It’s possible ,but from what I experienced ,it’s rare & counted as exceptions many Isis fighters that captured & had deep hatred toward shias after the investigation its became cleare that at least one of their parents make them when doing great sins & that fighters were also have these problem specially hemosexulity but if persons even from pagans if be modest & follow the rules of their religion ,they will love Imam Ali (as) & Shias & May even become a Shia for example in India ,Hindus that are pious & follow their religion without false hatred love Imam Ali(as) 

Hindu Pandit’s Manqabat on Imam Ali AS

A Hindu who describes Maula Ali (as) 

Ali day 2015AMU (Speech of Acharya Shri Pramod Krishnam

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

8 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

How old are you ? Are you in school or are you older ?

Not everyone is liked by everyone else.

Those are just people that have their own problems in life and let it out on others. 

Where do you live exactly?

Well, if you're being bullied and harassed then that's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Where and how is this happening ?

Noboody likes those kind of people. As I mentioned above they're normally people with problems of their own and they vent their problems onto others.

A logical and sensible person will accept you despite this.

Bottom line is that bullying or harassment shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. Also, this isn't a race or nationality thing. Its a person thing. Sadly, bullies exist worldwide but its how we choose to deal with them that makes the difference. If its just verbal berating then start ignoring them, if its physical then you need to contact the appropriate authorities.

im an adult, im not in school, I live in Milwaukee, its happening im my apartment, and my neighborhood and around the city. I get heat everywhere I go and the kuffar(salafi influenced,the ones who are around salafis at Islamic info meetings) and wahabbis accuse me of shirk for saying ya Hussain. Theres also a lot of salafi wahabbis in my town, they don't think highly of me and accused me of apostating! They told the kuffar all of my Islamic business like when the meet them or see them they say I cant pray and I don't know about my faith, even though im shia now they still do it.

7 hours ago, baqar said:

Do you understand Urdu, brother?

very very very very little but i understand it's atmosphere also recently saw a documentary about him & other indians that love Imam Ali(as) & Imam hussian (as) with farsi Sub in three episodes  as 'هند -دوستان' ' Hind-Dustaan ' that shows love of locals & talked personally with him

http://fa.abna24.com/news/مستند/مجموعه-مستند-هند-دوستان-؛-قسمت-اول_741816.html

http://fa.abna24.com/news/مستند/مجموعه-مستند-هند-دوستان-؛-قسمت-دوم_741817.html

http://fa.abna24.com/news/مستند/مجموعه-مستند-هند-دوستان-؛-قسمت-سوم_741819.html

http://fa.abna24.com/videos/320/archive.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Hello, Lion of Shia. :)

As an American Christian, I am so sorry that some of my countrymen are not treating you well! That's unfortunate and inappropriate. But I hope you understand that the majority of Americans don't feel that same way. Most of us are very accepting. Maybe you just live in a lousy community? 

Also, this is not just an American problem, it is a human problem. There is much racism and tribalism all over the world. It is very sad. :( 

Salaam bro/ sis

Please talk to someone you can trust and is older than you about the bullying (if you are in school). 

If you are older I will recommend you seek legal assistance if the problem perpetuates. 

When it comes to insults inshaAllah don’t take them to heart for Imam Ali a.s says don’t be upset if you get hurt “as the trees with the sweetest fruits get beaten the most”.

Finally make sure you are in good company and ignore the haters.

And Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى knows best

I'm an American. I've never left the country.

Terrible people exist all across the planet because each human is one of a kind, so for every good and kind person, there is a cruel and wicked one somewhere else it would seem.

Having said that, my country is in a state of chaos. Our system is a very bad & deadly joke and we are fed propaganda by our schools and media to believe that we not only have I better than every other country on Earth, but that we-- a nearly 300 year old Civilization-- is somehow exceptional from the rest of the world, thus justifying the terrible things the people in power (real power, not our politicians as they are merely figureheads) do to maintain a system that tells us that we will be happy if only we get the newest phone, newest car, have the most sex with as many people as we can, drink and use drugs when we get bored, play video games, etc.

I realized a while back that that's no way to live life. It is empty and as America throws faith and spirituality out from the society in favor of scientism (the belief that science ultimately is the final authority rather than a means to understand the world around us), we are seeing a massive uptick in catastrophic violence within our society, mental illness, suicide, and other social ills including people believing that a man can become a woman by just saying they are and mutilating their bodies (and vise versa). 

My society is sick because it threw out God and as an extension, threw out the concern for the neighbor in favor of "rights" without taking responsibilities to others into account. My rights are your responsibilities and your rights are my responsibilities.

I'm going to stop here, but I could go on for another seven to twelve paragraphs.

I'd like to meet some of you someday and disprove the idea that Americans, particularly white men, are all boorish, rude, and self-serving disrespectful violent rapacious beasts.

Maybe that's why I am not married with children yet: because I have to see the world.