Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Qa'im

The Rise of the Qaim - paperback and ebook

Rate this topic

On 5/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, SoRoUsH said:

سلام brothers and sisters,

I need your ingenuity to come up with a solution.

I'd like to buy and ship one book per month to whoever that would like to have it but can't for a variety of reasons. 

I am, however, not sure about the logistics of doing so. 

There are three issues in place: 

1) I don't want to pay for shipping twice. 

2) I want to respect people's privacy. Some people may not want to share their names or address with me and others. 

3) I can't just send the funds, because I can't guarantee that people would use the funds to purchase the book. 

So, let's think of some solutions. Thanks!

The people can add it to their amazon wishlist, and then link their address to the wish list and send you the link of their list.

Then you can order things off their list without their address being disclosed to you.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:57 AM, talib700 said:

The people can add it to their amazon wishlist, and then link their address to the wish list and send you the link of their list.

Then you can order things off their list without their address being disclosed to you.

سلام علیکم

This seems like a fantastic idea! 

I haven't done it yet, so I have no experience of the process.

If any brother or sister would like the hard copy of the book, please follow talib700's instructions, and send me your links. 

On 5/13/2019 at 2:25 PM, SoRoUsH said:

سلام brothers and sisters,

I need your ingenuity to come up with a solution.

I'd like to buy and ship one book per month to whoever that would like to have it but can't for a variety of reasons. 

I am, however, not sure about the logistics of doing so. 

There are three issues in place: 

1) I don't want to pay for shipping twice. 

2) I want to respect people's privacy. Some people may not want to share their names or address with me and others. 

3) I can't just send the funds, because I can't guarantee that people would use the funds to purchase the book. 

So, let's think of some solutions. Thanks!

Salam alaikum brother, good idea. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you. Would it be more effective if we identified Islamic centers or masajid in our respective areas that have a library, or for that matter even libraries that have an Islamic books section, and sent hard copies to them? This way many people can potentially benefit from a single copy.

Wallahu a'lam 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) shower you with blessings and forever keep you. I just picked up a copy and I am excited to begin reading it. 

Thank you again for this admirable work. 

13 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Salam alaikum brother, good idea. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward you. Would it be more effective if we identified Islamic centers or masajid in our respective areas that have a library, or for that matter even libraries that have an Islamic books section, and sent hard copies to them? This way many people can potentially benefit from a single copy.

Wallahu a'lam 

علیکم السلام

This is a good idea, too. However, I do believe that organizations and libraries do have the funds to purchase this book themselves. 

So, my priority would certainly be to send copies to individuals. 

2 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

libraries do have the funds to purchase this book themselves. 

Salam. Yes, that is true, in theory. In the past, I have requested libraries (in the US) to purchase an Islamic book -- that I wanted to read but could not afford to buy -- and their response was always that they would consider it when they made their budget and were purchasing new books, but they never did that. I think if a book is gifted to the library they would make it available to people. InShaAllah.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:00 PM, Hameedeh said:

Salam. Yes, that is true, in theory. In the past, I have requested libraries (in the US) to purchase an Islamic book -- that I wanted to read but could not afford to buy -- and their response was always that they would consider it when they made their budget and were purchasing new books, but they never did that. I think if a book is gifted to the library they would make it available to people. InShaAllah.

I have not only done this, but have also donated a couple of Islamic books and a video on Afghanistan and they were tossed out.

Guest FlamingHeart

Soroush,

How can non members reach you?

Do you have an email to send you an address?

On 8/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, Guest FlamingHeart said:

Soroush,

How can non members reach you?

Do you have an email to send you an address?

Moderator note: We generally discourage people from sharing their personal email address on the public forum. If the member has a public contact method on their profile, sharing that is fine.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:17 AM, Qa'im said:

I should note that you can always request your local library or university to order the book. Such requests are usually free, and they can benefit multiple people and not just yourself.

I have suggested it to the EPL (Edmonton Public Library), insha'Allah they will order it. Please make dua, qurbatan Allah.

Allahuma Salli Aala Muhammadiw Wa Aale Muhammad Wa Ajil Faraja Hum

"We are sorry to inform you that EPL is unable to purchase the book that you suggested because it is no longer available for purchase or cannot be obtained by our suppliers. EPL is generally unable to order through Amazon, or used book web sites. Please contact your local branch for assistance locating similar material, or consider our Interlibrary Loan Service."

On 12/3/2018 at 12:54 PM, Qa'im said:

Paperback now available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1790653827

Big big thanks and duas for those who helped me in this project. Namely, @Abu Nur @Ibn al-Hussain @Cake

@Abu Tufayl @Hannibal 

May you be rewarded for your assistance.

Salam and thank you! @Qa'im @Abu Nur @Ibn al-Hussain @Cake @Abu Tufayl @Hannibal May Allah bless you all for the work that you did, and continue to bless you always. 

Guest Hhh
On 12/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, Irfani313 said:

Salam - Thank you. Ordered my copy. Waiting for it to arrive.

As far as above notes on the cost of the books, nobody reads books that come for free. Knowledge needs to be "earned" and one way of earning it is, rather than going miles on foot and spending months with a teacher like old days, order a book from the comfort of your home with the money you have earned with hard work. No difference. Quit complaining! 

Thank you for writing a wonderful book. May you be with HIM.

No wonder our Imams don’t  have much Shia followers because nobody reads books / knowledge for free !

Salaam Alaikum,

Although reading Islam-related texts is my passion, it can be difficult to allot money to engaging in this past-time as a college student. Thus, although not expensive, this book was a first for my as it is the first Islamic book that I have ever purchased. I received it over a month ago and alhamdulillah it did not disappoint. I am impressed with the quality and effort exerted into it, especially for an author as young as himself. I read it and currently the book is being read by cousins, after which I will donate it either to the local university library or to the mosque so that more may benefit from it. 

I encourage others to purchase it so that young Western Islamic scholarship can be supported; if we bolster students-of-knowledge, such as the author, then more of our youth will feel encouraged to pursue theological studies. God-willing, the author will feel encouraged by the positive reviews so that he may continue pursuing his passion in Islamic sciences. 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:06 AM, Mustafa_Gul said:

Salaam Alaikum,

Although reading Islam-related texts is my passion, it can be difficult to allot money to engaging in this past-time as a college student. Thus, although not expensive, this book was a first for my as it is the first Islamic book that I have ever purchased. I received it over a month ago and alhamdulillah it did not disappoint. I am impressed with the quality and effort exerted into it, especially for an author as young as himself. I read it and currently the book is being read by cousins, after which I will donate it either to the local university library or to the mosque so that more may benefit from it. 

I encourage others to purchase it so that young Western Islamic scholarship can be supported; if we bolster students-of-knowledge, such as the author, then more of our youth will feel encouraged to pursue theological studies. God-willing, the author will feel encouraged by the positive reviews so that he may continue pursuing his passion in Islamic sciences. 

Salam. Thank you. 

Guest Shhz

Brother @Qa'im have you considered selling your book at the Jaffari Islamic Centre, it's a good way of getting more people to read a book as important as this one. If you would like I could ask my mother to contact her friend whose husband works on the board of directors. Though we will have to wait till they re-open due to them being closed due to the corona virus. 

On 3/19/2020 at 4:58 PM, Guest Shhz said:

Brother @Qa'im have you considered selling your book at the Jaffari Islamic Centre, it's a good way of getting more people to read a book as important as this one. If you would like I could ask my mother to contact her friend whose husband works on the board of directors. Though we will have to wait till they re-open due to them being closed due to the corona virus. 

I emailed several mosques about the book, but unfortunately I didn't receive any replies. If any of you want your local library, university, or mosque to order the book, feel free to let them know.

11 hours ago, Qa'im said:

university

Try contacting the UofA (ualberta). I know they have Islamic books in their libraries. They might be willing to add yours to their collection, insha'Allah.

Okay, well... I recommended it on March 27, and I just got an email back:

Thank you for suggesting that the University of Alberta Library purchase 'The Rise of the Qa'im'

Unfortunately, this title is not available to purchase in e-format from any of our ordering sources and we are also unable to purchase print material right now as University staff are working from home and no one is on campus to receive packages. We will, however, order a print copy once we are permitted to work on campus again.