Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Qa'im

The Rise of the Qaim - paperback and ebook

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

The complaints about the cost are unjustified and unreasonable. The value of a book has nothing to do with its length. It has everything to do with its content. A book like this is invaluable; highly researched material, excellent translation, and a significant topic. 

Some people cannot afford to buy books and that is just a fact of life, due to their situation. If I waited until I had the money myself to buy it, the book might have been sold out. I showed a relative the book on the amazon website and he gladly bought a copy, and I am sure that I will get a chance to read it, alhamdulillah.

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Some people cannot afford to buy books and that is just a fact of life, due to their situation. If I waited until I had the money myself to buy it, the book might have been sold out. I showed a relative the book on the amazon website and he gladly bought a copy, and I am sure that I will get a chance to read it, alhamdulillah.

You're right sister. 

I should've been clear. My post was referring to the reviewer's comment that brother Qa'im posted. 

11 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

You're right sister. 

I should've been clear. My post was referring to the reviewer's comment that brother Qa'im posted. 

Thank you for clarifying because I thought you were referring to a member in this thread. 

On 1/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, SoRoUsH said:

The complaints about the cost are unjustified and unreasonable. The value of a book has nothing to do with its length. It has everything to do with its content. A book like this is invaluable; highly researched material, excellent translation, and a significant topic. 

Agreed

$30 is actually very reasonable by any standard 

Most academic literature is like $50 plus

The link to the Amazon page works where only the paperback is shown. The link to the ebook takes you to Amazon, but it does not show the ebook or the ability to purchase it.

Edited by Haji 2003

9 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

The link to the Amazon page works where only the paperback is shown. The link to the ebook takes you to Amazon, but it does not show the ebook or the ability to purchase it.

I took it down for the time being, because kindle was messing up the Arabic.

If you want to purchase an electronic copy, please PM me. Thanks.

I have this book on my Kindle and the electronic file. I prefer the Kindle for navigation. I believe this is a most relevant and important book to read. Jazak Allah’s khair for your efforts. 

Edited by MustafaMc
Added a comment.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Qa'im said:

I took it down for the time being, because kindle was messing up the Arabic.

If you want to purchase an electronic copy, please PM me. Thanks.

I'll get back to you about this, but in the meantime:

I ordered your book Qaim.  I'm skeptical on this issue, and see the twelver Imam an invention of man, nothing more. 

However, Id like to see what you have compiled and will respond in more detail once I finish the book.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, Fink said:

I ordered your book Qaim.  I'm skeptical on this issue, and see the twelver Imam an invention of man, nothing more. 

However, Id like to see what you have compiled and will respond in more detail once I finish the book.

The great thing is that you are reading...may Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) be your helper. 

Personally for me the darood e Ibrahimi(عليه السلام) is sufficient to confirm the residence of the 12, the succession and the on going present tense of the darood. 

On 12/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Qa'im said:
On 12/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Qa'im said:

Salaam alaykum,

I am very proud to present the culmination of nearly ten years of research on the Twelfth Imam, al-Hujja b. a-Hasan, al-Mahdi, al-Qa'im, the Patron of Time, peace be upon him.

This is by far the most comprehensive English work on the subject

Wa alaikum as salam

Great to know that you had compiled and translated the most comprehensive work on Imam Qaim (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

Heartiest Congratulations....

Just visited the link and price is apprx 17USD for paper back. It is true that people from western world can buy books in this price range quite easily but waht about third world countries where majority of human race is living. 

I think you should try to revise the price of book for third world countries for larger audience.

W/Salam

7 hours ago, haidermpr said:

Just visited the link and price is apprx 17USD for paper back. It is true that people from western world can buy books in this price range quite easily but waht about third world countries where majority of human race is living.  

I think you should try to revise the price of book for third world countries for larger audience.

Unfortunately Amazon does not allow me to set different prices for different countries.

In terms of bringing it lower than $17: As you may know, there are printing costs, royalties, and taxes, so I probably make about $5 per book sale or less. I understand that $5 may be a lot in certain countries, but where I live, it is not enough to buy anything. I still have not "broken even" with this book.

Maybe you could split the costs with someone, or maybe you can tell a local mosque or library to order the book.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:26 PM, Qa'im said:

where I live, it is not enough to buy anything. I still have not "broken even" with this book

Brother Salam,

It is not problem for me as I can afford to buy even in this price range but majority of people wont be able to buy..There are large percentage of people in Asia and Africa who have to earn that much amount of money to feed their families. I hope you understand. 

29 minutes ago, haidermpr said:

Brother Salam,

It is not problem for me as I can afford to buy even in this price range but majority of people wont be able to buy..There are large percentage of people in Asia and Africa who have to earn that much amount of money to feed their families. I hope you understand. 

The book needs to be ordered on Amazon either as a paperback or as an online book. Anyone who has a device to connect to the internet will certainly be able to afford it. 

Wallahu a'lam 

سلام،

We need to think of creative ways to buy and distribute this book to people, who may not be able to afford it. 

Perhaps, different individuals, who can afford it, can consider it their monthly charity and send one copy per month to someone who can't afford it. 

This is just one idea, and may not be the best one. 

Let's think of other ideas to buy and distribute this book. In the next month or two, we'll choose one of the ideas and will proceed to implement it.

What do you guys think?

Congrats and I like that there is a reminder pinned on top that mentions the current Imam. In sha Allah I will buy this book next time I go to Europe. My only suggestion would be to make it an open source once you break even, or give 100 % of the money as charity, starting with your closest family members. This is to make sure that you don't commercialize the thing and await your reward from Allah. But maybe I'm wrong, make salatul istekhara about it once and if you break even inshallah. 

5 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

Congrats and I like that there is a reminder pinned on top that mentions the current Imam. In sha Allah I will buy this book next time I go to Europe. My only suggestion would be to make it an open source once you break even, or give 100 % of the money as charity, starting with your closest family members. This is to make sure that you don't commercialize the thing and await your reward from Allah. But maybe I'm wrong, make salatul istekhara about it once and if you break even inshallah.  

I am considering giving the proceeds to a charitable cause once I break even. I think I will break even if I sell 50 more copies.