Akbar673

Ignored user's posts still visible?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

@Reza

@Hameedeh

Are you still able to see the reactions of an ignored user?

It blocks reactions too ?

I just wanted to stop seeing that person's posts. I checked everything off but their posts are still there. All its doing is saying above the post in grey "You've chosen to ignore content by _______ Options^ "

How exactly does the Ignore feature work ?

Brother @Akbar673

I don't know akhi, I don't have anyone on ignore.  I just know it is an option available.  I tagged the mods so they could answer the thread.

I have a couple of people on my ignored list, but I can still see their posts. Hmm...

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I have a couple of people on my ignored list, but I can still see their posts. Hmm...

Yup, that's exactly what I was asking about.

The entire point of the Ignore list is not having to be bothered by reading their posts. I'm curious as to how the Ignored User list functions.

2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

I just wanted to stop seeing that person's posts. I checked everything off but their posts are still there. All its doing is saying above the post in grey "You've chosen to ignore content by _______ Options^ "

How exactly does the Ignore feature work ?

There is an older thread where we discussed the ignored function. If you ignore someone then it does put their posts in grey color & reminds you that you are ignoring them. It is up to you to not glance at their posts. 

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

@Hameedeh

Are you still able to see the reactions of an ignored user?

Are you ignoring someone? If you are, then please look to see if the reactions are visible to you.

47 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

There is an older thread where we discussed the ignored function. If you ignore someone then it does put their posts in grey color & reminds you that you are ignoring them. It is up to you to not glance at their posts. 

So isn't that kind of the opposite of having an Ignored User list?

It makes it even more noticable.

20 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

So isn't that kind of the opposite of having an Ignored User list?

It makes it even more noticable.

The ignored feature is really not workable. If all the posts by the one person you are ignoring were hidden, you would still see his/her replies because others will quote that person. 

14 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

The ignored feature is really not workable. If all the posts by the one person you are ignoring were hidden, you would still see his/her replies because others will quote that person. 

Is there a way to make it so we cannot see who we ignore anymore (e.g. A Facebook block)