Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Cool

Achievement of Yazid out of Karbala?

Rate this topic

Bismillahir-Rehmanir-Raheem

What was achieved by Yazeed (Mal'oon) out of Karbala? 

There any many people having the nature of Yazeed, who try to look into the history through that very nature and try to contaminate the great sacrifice of Imam Hussain (as). I think it suits to them to look first what their Mowla Yazeed has achieved out of Karbala. 

I am opening this thread for your comments! 

First of all Yazid did not initiate Karbala nor did he plain it. Given the distance between Kufa and Damascus and the timeline of the events, Ibn Ziyad most probably acted without Yazid's consent. However Yazid did not punish any of the perpetrators of Karbala so this means that he was fine with it. As far as what Yazid achieved out of Karbala , nothing. He became an unpopular figure in Hejjaz and later on in the Harrah uprising all the Ummayads were expelled out of Mecca mainly due to Yazid. Yazid was a tyrant and reckless man with no political sanity and I don't know of anyone who would admire Yazid for anything , let alone considering him "Mowla".

16 minutes ago, Leibniz said:

As far as what Yazid achieved out of Karbala , nothing.

LOL!! 

Let me mention his two achievements. 1) Everlasting Divine Curse  2) Hell 
and this is according to 33:57. 

Who was the winner of that battle if Yazid Mal'oon achieved nothing and Imam Hussain (as) achieved nothing?  

46 minutes ago, Leibniz said:

I don't know of anyone who would admire Yazid for anything , let alone considering him "Mowla".

But you have indeed  mentioned in another thread, some of his great achievements, let me quote them:

I don't think so anything of historical significance was achieved. Yazid kept on ruling for three years and died of natural causes. Ummayads kept on ruling for 90 years after Karbala with more authority. Unlike Ali , Hassan and Hussain , the following Imams went into political oblivion and the social significance that the Ahli Bayt had was lost. So much so that Imam Sajjad had to carry fodder for Ummayad horsemen to save his life later on.

The event did not send any major ripples across the muslim lands except for the Tawabbun uprising. Even when the Ummayads were overpowered , the caliphate passed on to Abbasids who were Sunnis as well and the Ahli Bayt could not get any authority. I fail to see any significance of the massacre of Karbala except for the cultural and poetic kinda influence that it has made.

52 minutes ago, Leibniz said:

First of all Yazid did not initiate Karbala nor did he plain it.

Who demanded from Imam Hussain (as) to pledge allegiance? Who commanded to bring either his pledge or his head? Out of these two, Yazid achieved the head of Imam Hussain (as). 

Who plotted to arrest or kill Imam Hussain (as) during the Hajj? Why Imam Hussain (as) abandoned the hajj? 

9 minutes ago, Cool said:

But you have indeed  mentioned in another thread, some of his great achievements, let me quote them:

Who demanded from Imam Hussain (as) to pledge allegiance? Who commanded to bring either his pledge or his head? Out of these two, Yazid achieved the head of Imam Hussain (as). 

Who plotted to arrest or kill Imam Hussain (as) during the Hajj? Why Imam Hussain (as) abandoned the hajj? 

My soul is rotting after reading that. Geez astaghfirullah 

Yazid did rule for three years but thats not huge accomplishment to praise Yazid for. Ummayads ruled for more than 90 years (before establishing another caliphate in spain parallel to the Abbasid Caliphate) after Karbala but thats not an accomplishment of Yazid. The credit for it mainly goes to Abdul Malik ibn Marwan but that's a different topic.

As i have made it clear that i neither love Yazid nor do i consider him a person worthy of any praise so I find this discussion superfluous.  You may curse him as much as you like.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:03 AM, Leibniz said:

As I have made it clear that I neither love Yazid nor do I consider him a person worthy of any praise so I find this discussion superfluous.  You may curse him as much as you like.

But you did praised him. You and some of your fellows were literally telling all the audience that look how Yazeed Mal'oon has crushed the uprising against him. How he not only crushed the so called uprising, but also ruled for another three years. Yes, all this things are historical facts. But looking into these facts are a different matter. You have earned the honor of looking these historical facts from the sight of your Mowla Yazid. And that's why you are failed to see any significance of the massacre of  Karbala.

What Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) has achieved from Karbala? Jannah? Or Everlasting blessings of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)? 

Prophet already mentioned him as "Syeda Shababe Ahlil Jannah". He was already among the Tahireen and Sadiqeen mentioned in Qur'an and introduced by Prophet (s). How can you see what Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) has achieved while you're failed to achieve something for yourself from Karbala! 

13 hours ago, Leibniz said:

First of all Yazid did not initiate Karbala nor did he plain it. Given the distance between Kufa and Damascus and the timeline of the events, Ibn Ziyad most probably acted without Yazid's consent. However Yazid did not punish any of the perpetrators of Karbala so this means that he was fine with it. As far as what Yazid achieved out of Karbala , nothing. He became an unpopular figure in Hejjaz and later on in the Harrah uprising all the Ummayads were expelled out of Mecca mainly due to Yazid. Yazid was a tyrant and reckless man with no political sanity and I don't know of anyone who would admire Yazid for anything , let alone considering him "Mowla".

Yazid later asked ibn ziyad to lead assault on hijaz but he refused 

It probably shows yazid liked what ibn ziyad did 

That's probably why ummayyads kept quasi independent governors in iraq to react quickly to a rapidly changing situation and adapt accordingly 

Edited by Panzerwaffe

9 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Yazid later asked ibn ziyad to lead assault on hijaz but he refused 

It probably shows yazid liked what ibn ziyad did 

That's probably why ummayyads kept quasi independent governors in iraq to react quickly to a rapidly changing situation and adapt accordingly 

Yeah Ibn Ziyad refused. He already faced a backlash in Kufa after Karbala and he must have thought that Yazid is forcing him to lead another unpopular massacre. I read some where that even the most professionally obedient Ummayad General Hussain Ibn Numair did not want to ensue the attack and purposefully  stayed around Madinah till Yazid died. After hearing of Yazid's death , he offered Abdullah ibn Zubayr  a pledge of allegiance but Ibn Zubayr missed the train due to his irreconcilably rigid nature.

مقطه استشهاد ابا الفضل العباس (ع) من قلم القربان

Scene of Martyrdom of Hazrat Abulfazl Abas (رضي الله عنه) from movie of sacrifice

القربان_النسخة الأصلیة

Sacrifice movie (full edition in Arabic) 

Salafis (in defence of Yazid) claim that all Yazid was doing was arresting Hussain for rebelling and he never wanted to kill him. Regardless of the situation, why would it be acceptable for the Salafis if Yazid arrests the grandson of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)? Hussain (عليه السلام) entered the holy cloak by the will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said that "Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain" and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said that him and his brother Imam Hasan (عليه السلام) were the chiefs of the youths of paradise. Yazid committed an atrocity and it's insane that people of the Muslim Ummah want to portray him as some hero! Yazid's generals certainly got what they wanted to achieve. Money. Fame, Power. Umar ibn Sa'ad himself didn't want to kill the Imam (عليه السلام) but he was convinced by the promise of money and power over Rey (modern day Tehran). Even on the battlefield we see Umar ibn Sa'ad asking the Imam (عليه السلام) to just pledge allegiance to Yazid so he doesn't have to kill him but only a few hours later we see ibn Sa'ad striking down the innocent young boy Qasim ibn Hasan (عليه السلام)! Even Shemr was initially a companion of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) according to some sources but was also convinced by money. Ubayd Allah ibn Ziyad's father was also a companion of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but when he was "convinced" that Abu Sufyan was his father and that he was Mu'aviya's brother, he sided with Mu'aviya. Never fall for money or fame or power or anything, it will cause you to be as much of a tyrant as those people.

Not Yazid but Muawiya initiated the massacre of Karbala by mentioning the name of few important figures of Madina to be contained by Yazid if he wanted to rule. Yazid followed his father advice and sent letter to his governor of Madina Walid ibn Utbah to either take allegiance or kill Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). All those people who were named by Muawiya left Madina and stayed in Makkah like Abdullah ibn Zubair and Abdullah Ibn Umar. It was only Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) who not only refused to pay allegiance but stood up against his tyrannical rule too. So Yazid was very much involved in massacre of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) in Karbala..

If rule over the world is any achievement according to Islamic teachings then we should start idolising Pharoah, Shaddad, Nimrod and other tyrants like them...

Tyrants are cursed by Allah and Yazid is one of the most wicked tyrant along with his father Muawiya. May Allah curse the Banu Ummaya.. 

@Hussain Haider Bilgrami brother as per my little knowledge, Shimr left Imam Ali (عليه السلام) during the battle of Siffin with other Khwarij. He became enemy of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) after Siffin like all other Khwarij. 

May Allah hasten the reappearance of Imam Qa'im (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف)..Ameen so that he can fill the Earth with Justice

Guest Just Askin
6 hours ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

Salafis (in defence of Yazid) claim that all Yazid was doing was arresting Hussain for rebelling and he never wanted to kill him. Regardless of the situation, why would it be acceptable for the Salafis if Yazid arrests the grandson of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

بارك الله فيك, but which Salafis are you referencing here?  

7 hours ago, Hussain Haider Bilgrami said:

Salafis (in defence of Yazid) claim that all Yazid was doing was arresting Hussain for rebelling and he never wanted to kill him. Regardless of the situation, why would it be acceptable for the Salafis if Yazid arrests the grandson of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)? Hussain (عليه السلام) entered the holy cloak by the will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said that "Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain" and Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said that him and his brother Imam Hasan (عليه السلام) were the chiefs of the youths of paradise. Yazid committed an atrocity and it's insane that people of the Muslim Ummah want to portray him as some hero! Yazid's generals certainly got what they wanted to achieve. Money. Fame, Power. Umar ibn Sa'ad himself didn't want to kill the Imam (عليه السلام) but he was convinced by the promise of money and power over Rey (modern day Tehran). Even on the battlefield we see Umar ibn Sa'ad asking the Imam (عليه السلام) to just pledge allegiance to Yazid so he doesn't have to kill him but only a few hours later we see ibn Sa'ad striking down the innocent young boy Qasim ibn Hasan (عليه السلام)! Even Shemr was initially a companion of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) according to some sources but was also convinced by money. Ubayd Allah ibn Ziyad's father was also a companion of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but when he was "convinced" that Abu Sufyan was his father and that he was Mu'aviya's brother, he sided with Mu'aviya. Never fall for money or fame or power or anything, it will cause you to be as much of a tyrant as those people.

Salam it’s a Sunni belief that everyone that rebels against current leader is doing great sin & Muslims must accept any leader good or tyrant even people like as Hamza Yusuf that follows Sufi doctrine follows this idea & says every rebellion against Saddam (la) & Bashar Asad was wrong without considering that they were just or not .

Hamza Yusuf under fire for comments about the Syrian Revolution 

Must see Wahabi sheikhAbdul Aziz statement about Yazid (la) & Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) ENG sub

Edited by Ashvazdanghe