Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Best Dua - Somebody ever gave you

Rate this topic

Asghar Ali Karbalai

• Advanced Member

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected Scholars, Brothers and Sisters

Hope all of you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

So 3 questions :grin: pretty off-topic.

1. What is the best dua somebody ever gave you which you remember till today and was something that touched your innerself?

2. When was the last time your mother or father shouted at you or you received hitting from them? lol

3. Whom do you love the most overall?

And for those married

4. When was the last time your wife/husband got mad at you for some small reason? lol

Genuine answers requested.

@Husayni

@Salsabeel @Ashvazdanghe @ShiaMan14 @3wliya_maryam @Ruqaya101 @Sirius_Bright @Ralvi @AStruggler @starlight @SIAR14 @2Timeless @HakimPtsid @Islandsandmirrors @shia farm girl @skyweb1987 @ali_fatheroforphans @Raheel Yunus @313 Seeker @AmirAlmuminin Lover

• Advanced Member

Wa `alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatahu

1. I remember a person I met online, we got to know each other more, he is gone now (don't know where he is) and I haven't seen him in over 5 months, may Allah be with him and protect him; we constantly advised each other on religious matters and he made a du'aa for us once that we meet by the Imam (ajtfs), by the side of the ka'aba, when he announces his advent. It was very touching and stayed with me until this day. Is a good motivation

2.erm don't remember. I always be kind to them and obey them (it is wajib)

3.Allah, my Lord. Blessed be He! I speak to Him when I am afflicted, lonely, sad, happy, or in need of help. You won't get a better friend than Him

Salaam Alaykum brother

Hope you doing well

1. I never got any dua from anyone in my life before. I search for duas myself. This is the best one I found. Its Monajat Amiralmuminin with Allah. It makes me cry sometimes. I listen to it at least one time every week, sometimes everyday. I hope you know a bit of Arabic because knowing what it says makes it more beautiful

2. Last time I saw my parents face to face was over 3 years ago (I live in US, and my parents in Iran). I don't remember to be honest, but I remember one time clearly that my mother shouted at me loudly and said:" You are stupid". My brother was there. He also heard. I was looking at the ground the entire time and didn't say anything. My brother was surprised because of my reaction. From that time, my mum always says I have good temper :clap:

3. My beloved person, the most and the top of the top is Hazrat Fatimah. If you ask about among people that I know around myself, I would say my parents.

4. Do dua for me :blush:

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

1. What is the best dua somebody ever gave you which you remember till today and was something that touched your innerself?

2. When was the last time your mother or father shouted at you or you received hitting from them? lol

And for those married

4. When was the last time your wife/husband got mad at you for some small reason? lol

@Husayni

@Salsabeel @Ashvazdanghe @ShiaMan14 @3wliya_maryam @Ruqaya101 @Sirius_Bright @Ralvi @AStruggler @starlight @SIAR14 @2Timeless @HakimPtsid @Islandsandmirrors @shia farm girl @skyweb1987 @ali_fatheroforphans @Raheel Yunus @313 Seeker @AmirAlmuminin Lover

1. It wasn’t a dua in which someone told me, but a dua for finding a spouse (in the Quran) that was written in a blog. I met my husband 3 months later. 

2. Last time I was shouted at: by my dad, on the phone, today. Lol.

3. My husband.

4. Lol, my husband doesn’t really get annoyed or mad at me, Alhamdulilah. He doesn’t care about petty things, either. So, last time he got mad, it was around 1 year and a half ago.

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

• Advanced Member

Respected brother @AmirAlmuminin Lover

Are your parents alive?

Moula Ali(asws) says

How unfortunate is man whose mother is alive yet he asks other people to make dua for him.

Don't mind it.

2 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brother @AmirAlmuminin Lover

Are your parents alive?

Moula Ali(asws) says

How unfortunate is man whose mother is alive yet he asks other people to make dua for him.

Don't mind it.

Yes, they are. You're right on the last part of your comment :)

• Advanced Member

These questions are all over the place lol

im honored though you want my thoughts

Dua kumayl is special in that it’s an actual dua lol  before that reciting Surah ikhlaas sincerely was and is really special. Recently reciting Hadith e Kisa and Ziarat Ashura have profoundly affected me

as far as beating and yelling it’s been a while but I shouldn’t Jinx it since it’s the descriptor or 99% of my life lol

mortals wise I love my mother more than anything but beyond that I love rasoolullah and I’m loving the ones he loved namely imam Ali and Syeda and the princes of heaven and of course I’m trying to deepen my love for all imams especially the one of our time, and how can I forget I love Allah as well for all of this that Iam unworthy of

its a lot and cannot be easily answered haha

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

And for those married

@Husayni

Salam

1. Well i dont remember bc i tell ppl to make dua for me whenever i dont tell them to make dua for a specific thing ygm lols, id just be like please pray for me

2. The last time my mother yelled at me was when i asked her if i could wear a tad bit of makeup to my dinner graduation and she went mad like bruh i just asked u a q

3. my dear sister @Ruqaya101

4. not married yet.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:55 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

And for those married

@Husayni

Asalamualaikum brother,

1. Surah Alhamd, Surah Ikhlas and Surah Qadr. 

2. Before 2 years i got shouting from mother. 

3. My mother bcz my mother struggle a lot to bring me up and sister. As we dont have father since birth. I can never forget her sacrifice made for us. 

4. My husband got mad on me yesterday morning as i packed his tiffin and than he changed the menu for tiffin. 

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, Amrinkasim said:

What about ur answer? I would like to know 

1. When a transport service driver said 'May Allah be Raazi from you'.

2. Before a week my mother gifted me a slap because of somebody else lol

3. My mother 

4. My wife gets mad every now and then lol....

Now your turn @Amrinkasim

• Advanced Member

1. The best dua for me was part of  "seegha e akhowat" i.e when 2 people become brothers on eid e ghadir . The part when my friend recited "if i am to enter janna then i will not enter janna unless you are with me", its very touching. 

2. Well, a couple of weeks ago i got scolded by my mother for not taking taking care of my beard. It got really long. Im 38 years old by the way. 

3. Imam Hussain a.s

• Advanced Member

@inocence

Respected brother 

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

Just like me even she scolded at me before some days commanding me to trim my beard, she said I was looking like a 'bad neeyah guy' and like Taliban :yahoo:

I told her that once it grows more it will look decent but she did not agree therefore I trimmed my beard and my moustache as well.

• Advanced Member
On 11/28/2018 at 4:55 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

1. What is the best dua somebody ever gave you which you remember till today and was something that touched your innerself

2. When was the last time your mother or father shouted at you or you received hitting from them? 

On 11/28/2018 at 4:55 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

3. Whom do you love the most overall

And for those married

@Husayni

1. Never happened

2. Some 14 years back

3. No one , I am not the loving type. 

4.All the time, 24/7.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, MJ1015 said:

1. Never happened

2. Some 14 years back

3. No one , I am not the loving type. 

4.All the time, 24/7.

Respected brother/sister

So why 14years back, where are your parents now?

And what is your 'type' if not 'Love' type respected brother/sister?

On 11/27/2018 at 11:55 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

This is quite a nice thread, thanks! (I don't really have any interesting answers).

1. A lot of people do dua for me (which I'm very thankful for) but I don't think any touched my heart to that extent. When my mother was sick, my family in Karbala went to the hadhras and prayed for her health, and did a bunch of other things that were meant to help her heal (duas etc). That really touched me, I was very thankful. Does that count?

2. lol like 2 or 3 days ago?

3. My mum, dad or my little sister.

• Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum, 

I was advised by a very knowledgeable and pious woman (My best friend) that the best dua is 150x salawaat on the Prophet and his pure, immaculate Ahle Bayt, gifted to Imam Mahdis(AS) mom and the intention for the best of kheyr in all things(or specifically, for whatever the issue at hand is) Ayatullah Bahjat has said salawaat is the best as well.

As humans, we have a tendency to ask for things that may or may not be the best for us. This method of  dua does a couple things:

A) Help us to acknowledge our lack of  knowledge in what is truly good for us.

B) Helps us to become more humble in the sense that we resign ourselves to whatever Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has chosen to be the best good in the situation for us as opposed to thinking WE know what that is.

C) Regardless of the outcome of the particular issue of concern, we can rest assured that since only good comes from Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, that the end result will be such.

2. When was the last time your mother or father shouted at you or you received hitting from them? lol

MY dads a frusterated and sick 77 year old man on dialysis. He screams a lot.. Its just miserable to be around. Im sorry for his condition. 

Its very hard to answer this question. Leaving our religious personalities out, id have to say my best friend as shes my spiritual guide and mentor, and my husband. I love my parents and brothers too, but differently. I love my religion, and alhamdulilah my best friend and husband are really good, knowledgeable an d practicing muslims and they provide me, the convert lol, guidance that is most needed.

4. When was the last time your wife/husband got mad at you for some small reason? lol

Alhamdulilah, my husband is verrrrry patient and doesnt "get mad" at me for small things. We are both older so weve both learned to pick our battles wisely. MANY things are not worth the upsetness. We are here to live Islam to the best of our abilities, and to help each other grow spiritually as a couple, this we both agreed on before marriage and ALHAMDULILAH its how things have been working the last 3 years. The things that bother him of which i am aware of so i try not to do, are things like a person not recognizing and accepting the haqq someone else says and instead insistes on arguing. Lol..i feel sorry for him because unfortunately, a large portion of society is like that.                                      (If you are at all familiar with MBTI types, hes a INTJ, and im an INFJ)

Thanks for the tag, brother,

@Asghar Ali Karbalai

Edited by shia farm girl

• Advanced Member
On 11/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

And for those married

@Husayni

Ws

1. There are many, hard to remember and choose one right now. I really love the "ain al hassan o ain al hussain..." part in Dua e Nudba...

2. Lol not that long ago.

3. It's confidential (and lol no it's not a wife, gf, mutah partner etc...)

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Respected brother/sister

So why 14years back, where are your parents now?

And what is your 'type' if not 'Love' type respected brother/sister?

:ws:

They don't scold me anymore. 

By not loving type, I think, I meant I tend to let people and things go free an unclaimed by me.