Muraqib ul tarighat

Humanist organisation (IHEU) publishes Islamophobic report

Rate this topic

The International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU), which promotes a culture of atheism and which takes a strong stance against Islam and religion in general, has published a condemnation of the treatment of atheists and the non-religious mainly in Muslim countries: https://freethoughtreport.com/download-the-report/

Predictably,the IHEU displays complete ignorance of Islam in its hate-filled and ignorant attack on "freedom of thought" and human rights in these Muslims countries, notably Iran. A list of just some of the misleading false statements that the report makes, including about Shariah, is attached.

Please complain to Bob Churchill who "edited" the report: bob.churchill@iheu.org

There is a Persian saying, "sokoot alamate rezaast" (staying silent is agreeing with).

Complaint to IHEU.pdf

For being short and politically correct I will resume my thought about that in just one sentence. I don't care about what they think,i just follow the teaching of my religion and if they don't like that they could just stay in their countries. 

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

For being short and politically correct I will resume my thought about that in just one sentence. I don't care about what they think,i just follow the teaching of my religion and if they don't like that they could just stay in their countries. 

You forget that these Islamphobic reports contribute to attacks against Muslims in non-Muslim countries as they provide the intellectual justification for them.

19 hours ago, Muraqib ul tarighat said:

You forget that these Islamphobic reports contribute to attacks against Muslims in non-Muslim countries as they provide the intellectual justification for them.

This is also feed from people from people that disguise themselves as residents  of Islamic countries like as Iran ,this is in degree that  in videos or other media if a foreigner tourist provide a positive video or report from Iran they accuse him/her as agent of Iran or at least paid by authorities & beside that claim what is said in above reports that such organizations use it as their source of information.

3 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This is also feed from people from people that disguise themselves as residents  of Islamic countries like as Iran ,this is in degree that  in videos or other media if a foreigner tourist provide a positive video or report from Iran they accuse him/her as agent of Iran or at least paid by authorities & beside that claim what is said in above reports that such organizations use it as their source of information.

On page 109 of the report is cited a woman, allegedly from Iran, called Sepideh who claims anyone publicly admitting that they are an atheist will be put to death under Sharia law.

“I only came out as an atheist with my closest friends. Being an atheist and saying this in public is considered as big crime and is being sentenced to death. Nobody says that he or she is an atheist so easily in Iran, although the majority of the population is in fact. That’s the reason I never had to fear bad consequences in my family and with my friends.They all think like me. It would even be more disturbing to them if I say I am a believer."

This is what western culture wants from an Islamic country beside anti Islamic people that want force their idea over Muslims some people between Muslims provide what they want as escaping from traditions 

Stereotype world : the Middle East speaks up ! #creatorsforChange ( the owner of  channel has good reputation about Muslims but Sunnis have great influence on him that somehow introduce Salafis to him) 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:47 PM, Muraqib ul tarighat said:

The International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU), which promotes a culture of atheism and which takes a strong stance against Islam and religion in general, has published a condemnation of the treatment of atheists and the non-religious mainly in Muslim countries: https://freethoughtreport.com/download-the-report/

Predictably,the IHEU displays complete ignorance of Islam in its hate-filled and ignorant attack on "freedom of thought" and human rights in these Muslims countries, notably Iran. A list of just some of the misleading false statements that the report makes, including about Shariah, is attached.

Please complain to Bob Churchill who "edited" the report: bob.churchill@iheu.org

There is a Persian saying, "sokoot alamate rezaast" (staying silent is agreeing with).

Complaint to IHEU.pdf

You are *literally* playing right into what this organization wants you to do.

The atheist movement thrives off of this type of outrage to make their case against religion.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:23 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

This reminds me of after "9/11" when our English teacher had to parrot the govt line about Iran (this was in an English class, so that was the very moment I realized that American public education was worthless and an exercise in indoctrination) & my long lost Massomeh got out of her seat and said "Mrs. Blake is literally lying to this entire class because I just went to Tehran over the summer and absolutely none of what she said has any factual basis". 

They kicked her out of the class for that, which just served to prove her point better.

I miss her

On 11/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, Muraqib ul tarighat said:

Complaint to IHEU.pdf

This is just one of hundreds of "reports" that are generated by these so called Human Rights orgs. They take extremist situations and try to apply them to the entire religion.

Meaningless garbage in my opinion. Hundreds of reports have come before and I'm sure they're will be thousands more. 

The only people that put any stock in these reports are the enemies of Islam anyway. If they didn't have reports like this they would find something else to come after us with. 

Ignore and toss the report in the same garbage can as the other reports are in.

6 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

This is just one of hundreds of "reports" that are generated by these so called Human Rights orgs. They take extremist situations and try to apply them to the entire religion.

Meaningless garbage in my opinion. Hundreds of reports have come before and I'm sure they're will be thousands more. 

The only people that put any stock in these reports are the enemies of Islam anyway. If they didn't have reports like this they would find something else to come after us with. 

Ignore and toss the report in the same garbage can as the other reports are in.

My elites here in America want me to hate you and view you as barbarians who want to take away the few pleasures I have that make my life tolerable.

Unfortunately for them, I stopped listening long ago and came here specifically because it was a Shia forum and as Shiism is the dominant form of Islam in Iran, the country my elites hate the most, specifically to face my fear of Islam and the "other".

These people aren't merely enemies of Islam; they are enemies of humanity and what that entails at it's core. They merely go after Islam the hardest because Islam has had the most success in resisting them and they absolutely cannot have that because to paraphrase Rocky IV "He's bleeding! He ain't no machine, he's just a man!"

Islamic nations, Iran in particular, challenged their hegemony and have actually succeeded in many ways but my media will never admit this because to do so would be an open admission that America is not exceptional and has mostly been in the right position at the right time to be able to throw it's weight around on behalf of the elites while people like myself and almost every other American, are held to the ground with their boots on our throats while we are brainwashed into believing that we "have it good" because we can never truly own our property, have our families fall apart, be offered a myriad of poisonous food and drugs, and rot away our brains with Filth that would make Sodom and Gomorrah sick to their stomachs... All while we are supposed to smile and be thankful for it.

Heck, most of our churches are corrupt organizations that don't even teach anything remotely close to the very words in the Bible that I have read time and again! They merely exist as a means for crafty and sly men to make money by contributing nothing of substantial value while they live lives of materialism to an extent beyond that of those who work their fingers to the bone and *still* get their homes taken away and are left in insurmountable debt, which means less time for the things that matter like family and faith in something larger than that next big automobile.

41 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

My elites here in America want me to hate you and view you as barbarians who want to take away the few pleasures I have that make my life tolerable.

Unfortunately for them, I stopped listening long ago and came here specifically because it was a Shia forum and as Shiism is the dominant form of Islam in Iran, the country my elites hate the most, specifically to face my fear of Islam and the "other".

These people aren't merely enemies of Islam; they are enemies of humanity and what that entails at it's core. They merely go after Islam the hardest because Islam has had the most success in resisting them and they absolutely cannot have that because to paraphrase Rocky IV "He's bleeding! He ain't no machine, he's just a man!"

Islamic nations, Iran in particular, challenged their hegemony and have actually succeeded in many ways but my media will never admit this because to do so would be an open admission that America is not exceptional and has mostly been in the right position at the right time to be able to throw it's weight around on behalf of the elites while people like myself and almost every other American, are held to the ground with their boots on our throats while we are brainwashed into believing that we "have it good" because we can never truly own our property, have our families fall apart, be offered a myriad of poisonous food and drugs, and rot away our brains with Filth that would make Sodom and Gomorrah sick to their stomachs... All while we are supposed to smile and be thankful for it.

Heck, most of our churches are corrupt organizations that don't even teach anything remotely close to the very words in the Bible that I have read time and again! They merely exist as a means for crafty and sly men to make money by contributing nothing of substantial value while they live lives of materialism to an extent beyond that of those who work their fingers to the bone and *still* get their homes taken away and are left in insurmountable debt, which means less time for the things that matter like family and faith in something larger than that next big automobile.

Yes the materialism is like a disease that leaves no stone unturned. It’s getting to everyone here in the west Muslims and non Muslims alike. That’s why to have faith is conquered battle in it of itself. Next part is to lean an educated and examples life for others to follow. The truth is small in numbers yet swift in bringing change 

And I commend you for realizing the perverse and morally poor system around you. It’s not an easy thing. God guides who he and only he wills

Edited by Ralvi

29 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Yes the materialism is like a disease that leaves no stone unturned. It’s getting to everyone here in the west Muslims and non Muslims alike. That’s why to have faith is conquered battle in it of itself. Next part is to lean an educated and examples life for others to follow. The truth is small in numbers yet swift in bringing change 

And I commend you for realizing the perverse and morally poor system around you. It’s not an easy thing. God guides who he and only he wills

I don't know what to do about it anymore aside from watch the house burn itself to the ground with a sense of detachment, because I don't sense that I'll be making it out of the collapse alive and honestly? I'm not sure that I necessarily want to.

I sit here in the house and I watch documentaries about power and the nature of societal control in the Western nations and how it's rapidly crumbling, I read about the collapse of the Soviet Union so I can at least try to guess what I can expect when this collapse comes.

I search for meaningful work that won't devour my life and crush my soul, I read books by dissidents in my own nation and culture, I listen to lectures and music that promotes thought rather than simply encouraging me to be as self centered and evil as possible... I post on here (when I should probably be recording my thoughts in a private journal for the people who will survive the collapse of America)

And I wait and watch. I cannot influence the world around me or change what is happening by a longshot. For living in the most powerful and "free" empire on the earth, I am powerless to change any of it.

So thus I cook, I do laundry, I continue on as if nothing is happening but deep down I see it all coming down around me and I can't shake the discomfort and terror that comes with knowing that this is all a great big illusion.

1 hour ago, GD41586 said:

I don't know what to do about it anymore aside from watch the house burn itself to the ground with a sense of detachment, because I don't sense that I'll be making it out of the collapse alive and honestly? I'm not sure that I necessarily want to.

I sit here in the house and I watch documentaries about power and the nature of societal control in the Western nations and how it's rapidly crumbling, I read about the collapse of the Soviet Union so I can at least try to guess what I can expect when this collapse comes.

I search for meaningful work that won't devour my life and crush my soul, I read books by dissidents in my own nation and culture, I listen to lectures and music that promotes thought rather than simply encouraging me to be as self centered and evil as possible... I post on here (when I should probably be recording my thoughts in a private journal for the people who will survive the collapse of America)

And I wait and watch. I cannot influence the world around me or change what is happening by a longshot. For living in the most powerful and "free" empire on the earth, I am powerless to change any of it.

So thus I cook, I do laundry, I continue on as if nothing is happening but deep down I see it all coming down around me and I can't shake the discomfort and terror that comes with knowing that this is all a great big illusion.

Detachment is important however this is the crux of our human story. To realize that in fact that there is an end game and we are a part of it! We have to find our  ya there! Thankfully monotheistic religions from their early iterations anyway have spread that message. And it’s incredibly simple. God doenst expect a lot from us bexuse he knows us best. He is not expecting us to save the world! We couldn’t even if we wanted to know. What he does want is for us to realize that we can’t operate without him, and in fact that’s true...we eat,sleep, grow all due to his mercy. If he wants watching over us we would not have moved past the primordial stages. That’s why I follow Islam, becuase it states he has sent teachers down that will NEVER compromise the message and knowledge. And that’s also why Iam a Shi’a. 

I think reading the event of Karbala might help bring the spark of wanting change or atleast human connection to the message of God. 

The basic thing we can do is communicate with him and tel him we are aware of the truth. Namely that he is one which monotheism has established although modern iterations are really breaking this fact. And that we tell him our worries and ask him to provide and that we help our fellow brothers and sisters out so that at least at arms length we have helped our community. Small acts grow into big acts over time and over population.

there is a reason God made 14 infallibles teachers

those infallibles never forget one another and work together and work with us

but billions of us humans, 

similalry, we must also never forget one another and work together and work with them. 

That is coming from my shia lens. 

I think first just reading is good enough. I recently read the Quran for the first time which is such a shame but I finally did it. I don’t know Arabic so I read in English. And let me tell the first time around I wasn’t competent getting it, my western viewpoint and voices were getting in the way. Iam on my second round now and almost done and its gotten much clear and everything makes a lot more sense. So not everything can happen in a night.

so I hope reading through our forum you came across all different stories and perspectives and found that we do work towards a goal even if we have no idea when it will happen. 

Education is key and I hope we both grow as humans and then collaborate down the line to do good. If you have hobbies you can grow it by reading.

lol just reading is great

i love watching George wgalloway ok YouTube, tyranny unmasked is also good

for Shi’a perspective and knowledge channels

thaqlain is good, Islamic pulse

there are lots of resources. Mashallah

22 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Detachment is important however this is the crux of our human story. To realize that in fact that there is an end game and we are a part of it! We have to find our  ya there! Thankfully monotheistic religions from their early iterations anyway have spread that message. And it’s incredibly simple. God doenst expect a lot from us bexuse he knows us best. 

[...]

there are lots of resources. Mashallah

I sometimes put on YouTube recordings of the Quran before I go to sleep. On occasion it helps me sleep, but then on other times I stay awake (usually when there is an English translation that follows the recitations)

I've been watching a lot of the videos that people on here recommend to me lately. I don't always have the time and sometimes I can't focus, but I make the effort.

I'm just hoping to eventually "get there" sooner than later.

I sometimes put on YouTube recordings of the Quran before I go to sleep. On occasion it helps me sleep, but then on other times I stay awake (usually when there is an English translation that follows the recitations)

I've been watching a lot of the videos that people on here recommend to me lately. I don't always have the time and sometimes I can't focus, but I make the effort.

It’s okay, there’s never a rush. The fact you’re trying is enough and God certainly sees all! I wish you the best of luck. I was ‘born’ Shi’a but my journey is no different than the rest. So I think we may be in similar positions. I’m also sick and tired of the world and I see people who go crazy for this world and I have already lost that kind of thinking. So now I just want to fortify my faith and make it stronger with knowledge than feeling. Becuase although heart is important knowledge and reading is incredibly so. So I wish you the best of luck.

If I can suggest even, 8 swear it’s coming from a good place

you can do a ‘mock’ prayer or salat,  the first time I did it it was completely wrong but God more than anything accepts intention. So although my first prayer was a mess becuase I had no idea how to pray or what to say, I just did what my heart wanted to and said some verses I found in a little book that had some sort of steps and I followed that. And then I repented to God with tears. That day my heart wasn’t hallow and empty

Truly, tears are the weapons of sincere believers

so I’ve been chasing knowledge and try being a sincere good person ever since then. It is tough but love is the basis

this whole story is about love and submission. You can’t love without submission and you can submit without love...

so inshallah your journey will get easy 

Edited by Ralvi

Hi ,I hope it helps you &  @Lion of Shiain this way ,it’s  syndrome that people put pressure on new people in Islam that well explained in a short story by martyr Murtedha Mutahhari that you can read it in below link 

https://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-pious-men-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari/new-convert

Reverts  and converts  in Islam -Dr.sayed Ammar Nakhshawani 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Which is precisely why we must start teaching philosophy and logic to the children in our schools. And this is precisely why studying history is so important.

To a typical Muslim or non-Muslim product of the machinery of modern Western education, everything in this report will make complete sense.

But once he/she comes to understand the political/philosophical vantage points from where these condemnations are coming, down to their epistemological foundations, and how these are historically linked with the project of colonization, hegemonic dominance and 'civilizing the barbarians', he/she'll see through these allegations, in all their logos, pathos and ethos, and their agenda.

These rants don't bug me anymore. Maybe these people, who have written this propaganda piece, should man-up and debate the Muslim intellectuals on what their definition of 'religious freedom' is, and how it is logically sound and argumentatively tenable. But this time, the shortcoming is from the side of the Muslim intellectuals, and their state of intellectual frigidity and dormancy in not nipping this shrill propaganda siren in the bud. 

On 12/12/2018 at 5:52 PM, GD41586 said:

You are *literally* playing right into what this organization wants you to do.

The atheist movement thrives off of this type of outrage to make their case against religion.

So we should be silent in the face of atheistic Islamophobia? Should we not defend the truth about Islam?

On 12/13/2018 at 6:52 AM, AbdusSibtayn said:

Which is precisely why we must start teaching philosophy and logic to the children in our schools. And this is precisely why studying history is so important.

To a typical Muslim or non-Muslim product of the machinery of modern Western education, everything in this report will make complete sense.

But once he/she comes to understand the political/philosophical vantage points from where these condemnations are coming, down to their epistemological foundations, and how these are historically linked with the project of colonization, hegemonic dominance and 'civilizing the barbarians', he/she'll see through these allegations, in all their logos, pathos and ethos, and their agenda.

These rants don't bug me anymore. Maybe these people, who have written this propaganda piece, should man-up and debate the Muslim intellectuals on what their definition of 'religious freedom' is, and how it is logically sound and argumentatively tenable. But this time, the shortcoming is from the side of the Muslim intellectuals, and their state of intellectual frigidity and dormancy in not nipping this shrill propaganda siren in the bud. 

I am convinced that atheists/humanists know little to nothing about Islam but feel they know enough to condemn it. It is shockingly arrogant. Even most Muslims are not acquainted with all of the aspects of Sharia and the legal interpretation and contexts in which it is applied. You are welcome to criticise our religion BUT do so from a position of knowledge, not ignorance.