Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Asghar Ali Karbalai

Understanding Surah Al Asr

Rate this topic

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brothers and sisters.

@Salsabeel @ali_fatheroforphans @AStruggler @Ruqaya101 @3wliya_maryam @Darth Vader @Sirius_Bright @starlight @Ashvazdanghe @313 Seeker @HakimPtsid @Raheel Yunus @ShiaMan14 @2Timeless @shia farm girl @Gaius I. Caesar @hasanhh

Hope all of you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه.

I request my brothers and sisters from both school of thoughts to share the understanding of this surah in light of it's tafseer.

Request people to share tafseer from masoomeen(asws).

For me, I understand that Allah has summarised it in this Surah that every human being is in loss EXCEPT those who have these 3 attributes.

1. Who believe

2. Do righteous deeds

3. Advise each other to Truth and Patience.

This will help all of us in our everyday life and in the life hereafter if we try to understand the message, share it here and then implement it every single day.

So, I believe in Allah, his messenger(saww) and masoomeen(asws) then I do righteous deeds by trying to follow their(asws) path and then advise everyone to be with HAQ which is Masoomeen(asws) and advise everyone else to Patience and implement the advises on myself too.

Please speak on it and let us all learn from the tafseer of this surah, when was this revealed and what do we gain from it?.

Quran Surah number 103

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

وَالْعَصْرِ ( 1 ) Al-Asr ( The Time ) - Aya 1
By time,
إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ ( 2 ) Al-Asr ( The Time ) - Aya 2
Indeed, mankind is in loss,
إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ ( 3 ) Al-Asr ( The Time ) - Aya 3
Except for those who believe and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

47 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

@Lion of Shia Please share some information regarding this Surah.

Many people love to talk about this sura, even celebrities.  I heard Ali Zafar talking about this sura. I want to tell you that people like you are unhelpful Yoda. You all say something philosophical which is supposed to be the answer to all problems but it is NOT the answer. What is the point you are trying to make to @Lion of Shia? It's a common sura. We have all heard it thousand times and we know it's translation. All people think they have faith, they do good deeds and they tell others to do good. You cannot understand what someone is going through when they think everyone hates them. You probably never had to deal with this situation in real life. You think you will say something philosophical, leave them more confused and you have done your duty? 

Salam Aleykoom

A very good question indeed, i recall stumbling upon a tafseer of it yet didn't press the issue. This thread made for a great opportunity to accurately remember what Surah al-Asr is all about:

في كتاب كمال الدين وتمام النعمة باسناده إلى محمد بن سنان عن المفضل ابن عمر قال: سألت الصادق جعفر بن محمد عليهما السلام عن قول الله عز وجل: والعصر ان الانسان لفى خسر قال: العصر عصر خروج القائم عليه السلام " ان الانسان لفى خسر " يعنى أعدائنا الا الذين آمنوا يعنى بآياتنا وعملوا الصالحات يعنى بمواسات الاخوان وتواصوا بالحق يعنى الإمامة وتواصوا بالصبر يعنى بالعترة
In Kitab Kamal ad-Deen wa Timam an-Ni`ma: By its isnad to Muhammad b. Sinan from al-Mufaddal b. `Umar, he said:

I asked as-Sadiq Ja`far b. Muhammad عليهما السلام about the saying of Allah عز وجل: "By the time! Surely, humanity is in loss." (103:1-2). He said: "The time" is the time of the appearance of al-Qa'im عليه السلام. "Surely humanity is in loss" refers to our enemies. "Except for those who believed" refers to those who believe in our signs. "And performed righteous deeds" refers to those who console their brothers. "And advised others towards the truth" refers to the Imamate. "And advised others towards patience" refers to [those who are patient] with the progeny.

Additionnal ahadith of the Masoomeen (as) on Surah al-Asr can be found in the following page: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/nur-thaqalayn/asr

Hope i was of help,

Wa Salam

@rkazmi33

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother/sister

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه.

I am not saying anything from my own dear, I am sharing this surah with my brothers and sisters trying to learn something new from it and hence spreading awareness for all of us.

Hearing it thousand times and knowing its translation doesn't help much if one doesn't implement it in their life after knowing the message in it.

I promise Quran is a very in-depth book so we keep on learning from it our entire lives. 

As for my brother @Lion of Shia I tagged him so that he can share any information on the same surah and learn along with us. You never know who knows who gets helped and when and ofcourse Quran is a shifa too.

Don't get me wrong, kindly.

45 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

What is the difference between "Aa'sr" & "Dahar"? Both are the names of chapters of Quran and both have been translated as "time"?

Smart boy

Keep it 'basic' for now for beginners, I know what you want to talk about 'Asr' and I agree to it even before you mention it.

We will put this later here.

But I salute you for how you preach and make a point to others. Keep it up.

The concluding verse of Sura Alasr is its last verse:

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ ( 3 ) 

I may like to explore its meaning  further in the light of other  verses of quran. Juts to quote some facts present in the quran based on this verse are:

This verse has 51 letters in it. Also the phrase 

آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ

has been mentioned in quran exactly 51 times.

the first verse with this pharse is given below:

وَبَشِّرِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِيمِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۖ كُلَّمَا رُزِقُوا مِنْهَا مِنْ ثَمَرَةٍ رِزْقًا ۙ قَالُوا هَذَاالَّذِي رُزِقْنَا مِنْ قَبْلُ ۖ وَأُتُوا بِهِ مُتَشَابِهًا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَاجٌمُطَهَّرَةٌ ۖ وَهُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ ﴿٢٥﴾(2:25)

the last verse mentioing this phrase is 

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ ( 3 ) 

I may come with explanation in this regard  after some time with details.

wasalam

8 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

@Lion of Shia Please share some information regarding this Surah.

Im a beginner. but based on my knowledge its saying that one should have patience, and advise others to good, and advise others toward the truth and goodness

10 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

The concluding verse of Sura Alasr is its last verse:

I may like to explore its meaning  further in the light of other  verses of quran. Juts to quote some facts present in the quran based on this verse are:

This verse has 51 letters in it. Also the phrase 

آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ

has been mentioned in quran exactly 51 times.

the first verse with this pharse is given below:

وَبَشِّرِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِيمِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۖ كُلَّمَا رُزِقُوا مِنْهَا مِنْ ثَمَرَةٍ رِزْقًا ۙ قَالُوا هَذَاالَّذِي رُزِقْنَا مِنْ قَبْلُ ۖ وَأُتُوا بِهِ مُتَشَابِهًا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَاجٌمُطَهَّرَةٌ ۖ وَهُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ ﴿٢٥﴾(2:25)

the last verse mentioing this phrase is 

I may come with explanation in this regard  after some time with details.

wasalam

The following verses of quran mentions the phrase  اامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰت        in quran. (51 times)

٢_٢٥  وَبَشِّرِ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ ۖ كُلَّمَا رُزِقُوا۟ مِنْهَا مِن ثَمَرَةٍۢ رِّزْقًۭا ۙ قَالُوا۟ هَٰذَا ٱلَّذِى رُزِقْنَا مِن قَبْلُ ۖ وَأُتُوا۟ بِهِۦ مُتَشَٰبِهًۭا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِيهَآ أَزْوَٰجٌۭ مُّطَهَّرَةٌۭ ۖ وَهُمْ فِيهَا خَٰلِدُونَ

٢_٨٢ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَٰبُ ٱلْجَنَّةِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَٰلِدُونَ

٢_٢٧٧         إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَأَقَامُوا۟ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَءَاتَوُا۟ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ لَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

٣_٥٧ وَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَيُوَفِّيهِمْ أُجُورَهُمْ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ

٤_٥٧ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ سَنُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًۭا ۖ لَّهُمْ فِيهَآ أَزْوَٰجٌۭ مُّطَهَّرَةٌۭ ۖ وَنُدْخِلُهُمْ ظِلًّۭا ظَلِيلًا

٤_١٢٢         وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ سَنُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًۭا ۖ وَعْدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقًّۭا ۚ وَمَنْ أَصْدَقُ مِنَ ٱللَّهِ قِيلًۭا

٤_١٧٣         فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَيُوَفِّيهِمْ أُجُورَهُمْ وَيَزِيدُهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِۦ ۖ وَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ٱسْتَنكَفُوا۟ وَٱسْتَكْبَرُوا۟ فَيُعَذِّبُهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًۭا وَلَا يَجِدُونَ لَهُم مِّن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ وَلِيًّۭا وَلَا نَصِيرًۭا

٥_٩   وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۙ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭ وَأَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌۭ

٥_٩٣ لَيْسَ عَلَى ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ جُنَاحٌۭ فِيمَا طَعِمُوٓا۟ إِذَا مَا ٱتَّقَوا۟ وَّءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ثُمَّ ٱتَّقَوا۟ وَّءَامَنُوا۟ ثُمَّ ٱتَّقَوا۟ وَّأَحْسَنُوا۟ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ يُحِبُّ ٱلْمُحْسِنِينَ

٧_٤٢ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَا نُكَلِّفُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَآ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَٰبُ ٱلْجَنَّةِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَٰلِدُونَ

١٠_٤ إِلَيْهِ مَرْجِعُكُمْ جَمِيعًۭا ۖ وَعْدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقًّا ۚ إِنَّهُۥ يَبْدَؤُا۟ ٱلْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ يُعِيدُهُۥ لِيَجْزِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ بِٱلْقِسْطِ ۚ وَٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ لَهُمْ شَرَابٌۭ مِّنْ حَمِيمٍۢ وَعَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌۢ بِمَا كَانُوا۟ يَكْفُرُونَ

١٠_٩ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ يَهْدِيهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِإِيمَٰنِهِمْ ۖ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهِمُ ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ فِى جَنَّٰتِ ٱلنَّعِيمِ

١١_٢٣         إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَأَخْبَتُوٓا۟ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَٰبُ ٱلْجَنَّةِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَٰلِدُونَ

١٣_٢٩         ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ طُوبَىٰ لَهُمْ وَحُسْنُ مَـَٔابٍۢ

١٤_٢٣         وَأُدْخِلَ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِمْ ۖ تَحِيَّتُهُمْ فِيهَا سَلَٰمٌ

١٨_٣٠         إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ إِنَّا لَا نُضِيعُ أَجْرَ مَنْ أَحْسَنَ عَمَلًا

١٨_١٠٧       إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّٰتُ ٱلْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا

١٩_٩٦         إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ سَيَجْعَلُ لَهُمُ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنُ وُدًّۭا

٢٢_١٤         إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُدْخِلُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ

٢٢_٢٣         إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُدْخِلُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ يُحَلَّوْنَ فِيهَا مِنْ أَسَاوِرَ مِن ذَهَبٍۢ وَلُؤْلُؤًۭا ۖ وَلِبَاسُهُمْ فِيهَا حَرِيرٌۭ

٢٢_٥٠         فَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭ وَرِزْقٌۭ كَرِيمٌۭ

٢٢_٥٦         ٱلْمُلْكُ يَوْمَئِذٍۢ لِّلَّهِ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۚ فَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فِى جَنَّٰتِ ٱلنَّعِيمِ

٢٦_٢٢٧       إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَذَكَرُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ كَثِيرًۭا وَٱنتَصَرُوا۟ مِنۢ بَعْدِ مَا ظُلِمُوا۟ ۗ وَسَيَعْلَمُ ٱلَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوٓا۟ أَىَّ مُنقَلَبٍۢ يَنقَلِبُونَ

٢٩_٧ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَنُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّـَٔاتِهِمْ وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَحْسَنَ ٱلَّذِى كَانُوا۟ يَعْمَلُونَ

٢٩_٩ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَنُدْخِلَنَّهُمْ فِى ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ

٢٩_٥٨         وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَنُبَوِّئَنَّهُم مِّنَ ٱلْجَنَّةِ غُرَفًۭا تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ نِعْمَ أَجْرُ ٱلْعَٰمِلِينَ

٣٠_١٥         فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَهُمْ فِى رَوْضَةٍۢ يُحْبَرُونَ

٣٠_٤٥         لِيَجْزِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِن فَضْلِهِۦٓ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَ

٣١_٨ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُمْ جَنَّٰتُ ٱلنَّعِيمِ

٣٢_١٩         أَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَلَهُمْ جَنَّٰتُ ٱلْمَأْوَىٰ نُزُلًۢا بِمَا كَانُوا۟ يَعْمَلُونَ

٣٤_٤ لِّيَجْزِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۚ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭ وَرِزْقٌۭ كَرِيمٌۭ

٣٥_٧ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌۭ شَدِيدٌۭ ۖ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌۭ وَأَجْرٌۭ كَبِيرٌ

٣٨_٢٤         قَالَ لَقَدْ ظَلَمَكَ بِسُؤَالِ نَعْجَتِكَ إِلَىٰ نِعَاجِهِۦ ۖ وَإِنَّ كَثِيرًۭا مِّنَ ٱلْخُلَطَآءِ لَيَبْغِى بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَقَلِيلٌۭ مَّا هُمْ ۗ وَظَنَّ دَاوُۥدُ أَنَّمَا فَتَنَّٰهُ فَٱسْتَغْفَرَ رَبَّهُۥ وَخَرَّ رَاكِعًۭا وَأَنَابَ ۩

٣٨_٢٨         أَمْ نَجْعَلُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ كَٱلْمُفْسِدِينَ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ أَمْ نَجْعَلُ ٱلْمُتَّقِينَ كَٱلْفُجَّارِ

٤٠_٥٨         وَمَا يَسْتَوِى ٱلْأَعْمَىٰ وَٱلْبَصِيرُ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَلَا ٱلْمُسِىٓءُ ۚ قَلِيلًۭا مَّا تَتَذَكَّرُونَ

٤١_٨ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍۢ

٤٢_٢٢         تَرَى ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ مُشْفِقِينَ مِمَّا كَسَبُوا۟ وَهُوَ وَاقِعٌۢ بِهِمْ ۗ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فِى رَوْضَاتِ ٱلْجَنَّاتِ ۖ لَهُم مَّا يَشَآءُونَ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ ٱلْفَضْلُ ٱلْكَبِيرُ

٤٢_٢٣         ذَٰلِكَ ٱلَّذِى يُبَشِّرُ ٱللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا ٱلْمَوَدَّةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَن يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةًۭ نَّزِدْ لَهُۥ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌۭ شَكُورٌ

٤٢_٢٦         وَيَسْتَجِيبُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَيَزِيدُهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِۦ ۚ وَٱلْكَٰفِرُونَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌۭ شَدِيدٌۭ

٤٥_٢١         أَمْ حَسِبَ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱجْتَرَحُوا۟ ٱلسَّيِّـَٔاتِ أَن نَّجْعَلَهُمْ كَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ سَوَآءًۭ مَّحْيَاهُمْ وَمَمَاتُهُمْ ۚ سَآءَ مَا يَحْكُمُونَ

٤٥_٣٠         فَأَمَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَيُدْخِلُهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ فِى رَحْمَتِهِۦ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْمُبِينُ

٤٧_٢ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَءَامَنُوا۟ بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍۢ وَهُوَ ٱلْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ ۙ كَفَّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّـَٔاتِهِمْ وَأَصْلَحَ بَالَهُمْ

٤٧_١٢         إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُدْخِلُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ ۖ وَٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ يَتَمَتَّعُونَ وَيَأْكُلُونَ كَمَا تَأْكُلُ ٱلْأَنْعَٰمُ وَٱلنَّارُ مَثْوًۭى لَّهُمْ

٤٨_٢٩         مُّحَمَّدٌۭ رَّسُولُ ٱللَّهِ ۚ وَٱلَّذِينَ مَعَهُۥٓ أَشِدَّآءُ عَلَى ٱلْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ تَرَىٰهُمْ رُكَّعًۭا سُجَّدًۭا يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًۭا مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرِضْوَٰنًۭا ۖ سِيمَاهُمْ فِى وُجُوهِهِم مِّنْ أَثَرِ ٱلسُّجُودِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلتَّوْرَىٰةِ ۚ وَمَثَلُهُمْ فِى ٱلْإِنجِيلِ كَزَرْعٍ أَخْرَجَ شَطْـَٔهُۥ فَـَٔازَرَهُۥ فَٱسْتَغْلَظَ فَٱسْتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِۦ يُعْجِبُ ٱلزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ ٱلْكُفَّارَ ۗ وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِنْهُم مَّغْفِرَةًۭ وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًۢا

٦٥_١١         رَّسُولًۭا يَتْلُوا۟ عَلَيْكُمْ ءَايَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ مُبَيِّنَٰتٍۢ لِّيُخْرِجَ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِنَ ٱلظُّلُمَٰتِ إِلَى ٱلنُّورِ ۚ وَمَن يُؤْمِنۢ بِٱللَّهِ وَيَعْمَلْ صَٰلِحًۭا يُدْخِلْهُ جَنَّٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ خَٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًۭا ۖ قَدْ أَحْسَنَ ٱللَّهُ لَهُۥ رِزْقًا

٨٤_٢٥         إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍۭ

٨٥_١١         إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ لَهُمْ جَنَّٰتٌۭ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَٰرُ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْكَبِيرُ

٩٥_٦ إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ فَلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍۢ

٩٨_٧ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ هُمْ خَيْرُ ٱلْبَرِيَّةِ

١٠٣_٣         إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا۟ بِٱلْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا۟ بِٱلصَّبْرِ

Further analysis of this phrase and the last verse of sura Al-Asr will be mentioned in subsequent posts.

@Salsabeel     @ShiaMan14     @Asghar Ali Karbalai    @Ashvazdanghe

Edited by skyweb1987

1 hour ago, skyweb1987 said:

Further analysis of this phrase and the last verse of sura Al-Asr will be mentioned in subsequent posts.

Salamun Alaikum Brother!!

What I have witnessed is that these three verses of Sura-e-Asr are a whole book within themself. Its a shortest way of expressing whole of the guidance, therefore its every word has a depth of meanings if we are able to comprehend the parameter of each word, for instance, I advise you to start looking the word "khusr" or "khasireen" or "khusranan mubeena" to explore what actually is the "loss".

Is this loss towards which the second verse is pointing to, a material loss, a spiritual loss or both?

Similarly, What is meant by "Aamanu" here? These are the believers who are "muflihoon", the successful ones. Then the word "haqq", what is that haqq to which these successful ones advises each other?

And then the "sabr". Each of these words & traits are one subject for writing a whole book.

Surah Al-Bayyina, Verse 7:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ خَيْرُ الْبَرِيَّةِ

(As for) those who believe and do good, surely they are the -best of men.
(English - Shakir)

And then the search for those good deeds. What are the A'amal As-swalihaat which makes men "the-best" (khayr-ul-bariyyah)?

Surah Al-Mulk, Verse 2:
الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا

Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds;

So brother whenever I recite this chapter, I just drowned in its depth for hours. It is indeed the excellence of kalam. And the main thing is that this chapter alone, takes us directly to the doorstep of Ahlul Bayt (asws).

Edited by Salsabeel

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

Salamun Alaikum Brother!!

What I have witnessed is that these three verses of Sura-e-Asr are a whole book within themself. Its a shortest way of expressing whole of the guidance, therefore its every word has a depth of meanings if we are able to comprehend the parameter of each word, for instance, I advise you to start looking the word "khusr" or "khasireen" or "khusranan mubeena" to explore what actually is the "loss".

Your understanding of deep meaning is Cretanly admirable but every one intends to keep himself out of any loss and with haqq. He/ She wants to be among those who are addressed herein who have .follow "Amino wa Amaluselehat". In this regard out of above verses mentioning it 51 times the verse that obviously catches the eyes is the verse given below:

٤٢_٢٣         ذَٰلِكَ ٱلَّذِى يُبَشِّرُ ٱللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا ٱلْمَوَدَّةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَن يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةًۭ نَّزِدْ لَهُۥ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَغَفُورٌۭ شَكُورٌ

. This has pivotal position for such explanation

?Would you please like to mention your view further in this regard keeping in view the Sura-Al-Asr

Edited by skyweb1987

10 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

So brother whenever I recite this chapter, I just drowned in its depth for hours. It is indeed the excellence of kalam. And the main thing is that this chapter alone, takes us directly to the doorstep of Ahlul Bayt (asws).

In this regard i quote the numerical connection of this verse of Sura Al-Asr and that of Sura Ale-imran whom you are familiar:

١٠٣_٣         إِلَّا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا۟ بِٱلْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا۟ بِٱلصَّبْرِ

103:3 

Shakir:  Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا ۚ وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنتُمْ عَلَىٰ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِّنْهَا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ (3:103)

3:103

Shakir:  And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited, and remember the favor of Allah on you when you were enemies, then He united your hearts so by His favor you became brethren; and you were on the brink of a pit of fire, then He saved you from it, thus does Allah make clear to you His communications that you may follow the right way.

Another form of miraculous quotes coming from Quran and seems numerically connected too to get the true meaning.

22 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

Your understanding of deep meaning is Cretanly admirable but every one intends to keep himself out of any loss and with haqq. He/ She wants to be among those who are addressed herein who have .follow "Amino wa Amaluselehat". In this regard out of above verses mentioning it 51 times the verse that obviously catches the eyes is the verse given below:

٤٢_٢٣         ذَٰلِكَ ٱلَّذِى يُبَشِّرُ ٱللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ وَعَمِلُوا۟ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ ۗ قُل لَّآ أَسْـَٔلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا ٱلْمَوَدَّةَ فِى ٱلْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَن يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةًۭ نَّزِدْ لَهُۥ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَغَفُورٌۭ شَكُورٌ

. This has pivotal position for such explanation

?Would you please like to mention your view further in this regard keeping in view the Sura-Al-Asr

Indeed, what is more weighty than the love of Ahlul Bayt (asws)!!! It is a good deed which assures us of the security from the terror of the day. 

مَنْ جَاءَ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ خَيْرٌ مِنْهَا وَهُمْ مِنْ فَزَعٍ يَوْمَئِذٍ آمِنُونَ 
27:89 

Couple of ahadith mentions that the hasanah (good deed) mentioned in above verse is the love of Ahlul Bayt (asws) and acceptance of their wilayah. That alone saves us from the terror/panic of the day. In fact this (love of Ahlul Bayt & acceptance of their wilayah) is the meezan on which deeds will be weighed. If you can just look at the following verses, how they emphasize the phrase "wa huwa mominun": 

وَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِنَ الصَّالِحَاتَ مِن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ نَقِيرًا

4:124) And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer-- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِنْ ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنْثَىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً ۖ وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُمْ بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ 

16:97) Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did.

وَمَنْ أَرَادَ الْآخِرَةَ وَسَعَىٰ لَهَا سَعْيَهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَٰئِكَ كَانَ سَعْيُهُمْ مَشْكُورًا 

17:19) And whoever desires the hereafter and strives for it as he ought to strive and he is a believer; (as for) these, their striving shall surely be accepted.

وَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِنَ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَا يَخَافُ ظُلْمًا وَلَا هَضْمًا 

20:112) And whoever does good works and he is a believer, he shall have no fear of injustice nor of the withholding of his due. 

فَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِنَ الصَّالِحَاتِ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَا كُفْرَانَ لِسَعْيِهِ وَإِنَّا لَهُ كَاتِبُونَ 

21:94) Therefore whoever shall do of good deeds and he is a believer, there shall be no denying of his exertion, and surely We will write (It) down for him.

مَنْ عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلَا يُجْزَىٰ إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا ۖ وَمَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِنْ ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنْثَىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

40:40) Whoever does an evil, he shall not be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure.

So all these verses are connected to the phrase "illalathina aamanu" of "Wal Asr". These all verses are describing a state of emaan where one recognizes the truth (Haqq) which is another term used in "Wal-Asr (Wa tawasou bil haqqe). And leads us to ponder on the following verse of Chapter 47:

وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَآمَنُوا بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَهُوَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَبِّهِمْ ۙ كَفَّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ وَأَصْلَحَ بَالَهُمْ

47:2) And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

You can see brother, the above verse specifically mentions "وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ" and it move ahead and states another "believe" which has been mentioned as truth from their Lord.  This can easily leads you to the words of Prophet (S) in which he has mentioned one as a person who is "with haqq and haqq is with him", Prophet (S) never stopped here, he went on saying "O Allah turns the haqq towards where Ali (asws) turns".