Lion of Shia

Why does everyone hate me?

Rate this topic

as salaam alakim!!!

I get a lot of heat from people, I hear a lot of people don't like me! Do my fellow shias hate me? I spoke out against the shia killings in Pakistan 6 years ago

now they hid shia facebook and I did nothing to any one, after this mistreatment, I was lost and confused, I know a lot of kafirs hate me, salafis and wahabis hate me, do shia hate me too, did I do something wrong, I feel ignored on the forum, like no one likes me or wants to talk to me anymore!

wa alaikum sellam!

I dont think anyone hates you! I dont think Shias could possibly hate anyone that is another fellow shia. I certainly dont hate you!

43 minutes ago, Lion of Shia said:

like no one likes me or wants to talk to me anymore!

haha come on the chats later on and then we will talk to you  :) 

I think you may have anxiety or something, where you automatically assume the worse. 

Practice realistic thinking. Let me guide you through the steps.

(1) Write down the first thought or worry that comes to your mind, and put emotions aside. You have to be very objective and not vague or anything. For example, your worry could be "that specific Shia community seem to not like me" or "that group in the community seem to be rude to me". Don't be like "the whole world hates me" because it's very vague and you can't analyze this thought.

(2) Find the evidence for your thought. You may consider the role reversal technique, like if you were someone else then how would you view yourself. You can also consider alternative explanations, like what other explanations can I find? Or think about all the times in your life when people have shown enmity towards you.

(3) Then assign a probability to your worry or thought, like how true is it? 100%, 75% 65%?

(4) What is your degree of emotion after this exercise? Do you feel slightly less worried or anxious?

Repeat this simple technique for every worry you may have. 

The point is that your mind is subconsciously assuming the worst. You need to properly sit down and be realistic. Don't be overly optimistic that "everyone loves me" because that too isn't healthy imo. If required, visit a local counsellor or something to get better advice.

Inshallah everything will be alright. I am certain that not everyone hates you unless you go around cursing and abusing people lol.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

2 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

I get a lot of heat from people, I hear a lot of people don't like me! Do my fellow shias hate me? I spoke out against the shia killings in Pakistan 6 years ago

now they hid shia facebook and I did nothing to any one, after this mistreatment, I was lost and confused, I know a lot of kafirs hate me, salafis and wahabis hate me, do shia hate me too, did I do something wrong, I feel ignored on the forum, like no one likes me or wants to talk to me anymore!

I don't hate you, why would I? I don't know you personally nor have you done anything to me.

3 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

:salam:

Brother, no one hates you. We always told you you were most welcome.

Please listen to what we tell you.

4 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

I do not know you personally out of SC. I do not hate you brother.

5 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

Do you hate anyone?  Who do you hate and Why?

Do you hate anyone on this forum?

I don't hate you. But I understand why you think everyone hates you. I get that feeling a lot. Just know that there are other people like you. If no one else loves you, you should love yourself. If you cannot find love from humans, you should get a pet. Your pet will love you for sure. You should love things. Money is very reliable. It can buy you all the love in the world. You should love money. 

Edited by rkazmi33

I dunno what happened but on forums/social media, people usually have differing opinions - this doesn't equal hate or anger. 

But what I wanted to say, even if people did, who cares, do your thing, focus on Allah & Ahlulbayt (a.s). Unless it's for a good reason you really shouldn't care at all about such things, particularly on the internet.

Lol its easy to think everyone on here hates each other because of the differences in opinion, and how we express said opinions. But, hate is a strong word, yes some people will dislike eachother on here, but that's life. We'll have people who like us and we'll have people who dislike us. We need to remember we're all on the same team though. We're all Muslims, and at the end of the day, we all just strive to be happy, that happiness stems from religion and accepting Islam. 

I don't think anyone hates you, and although I don't really know you, you seem to be a cool person. If you want to develop friendships on here, maybe post more often or go onto the chatroom? Don't let his get you down :) 

Any true Shia won't have hate for anyone whose heart is filled with the love of Ahlulbayt (as).

Just ponder over this quote which I got from Ziyarat Ashura:

Surely I am at peace with those who are at peace with you 

12 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

as salaam alakim!!!

People don’t hate you because they disagree with you online.  I have gotten into “intense disagreements” :blush: with people online and they have done the same to me but I don’t ever remember hating the person. If they were my neighbour in tangible real life, I would be civil - maybe even friendly and helpful.  :rolleyes:

Arguments that get out of control online are usually because they are ego driven; that is, they are mainly "I am right and you are not, so I will drill MY point home ad nauseam”.  They are not hate driven.  Hate is a very intense feeling based on personal circumstances.  The only similarity is that they are both, most likely, irrational.

In the tangible world:  If you like and respect yourself, others will be a lot more inclined to like and respect you too.  Hold yourself with dignity and confidence - hold your head up like there is a string at the top of your head pulling it up to the sky and physically keep your shoulders down and pulled back. Inhale with deep - not shallow - breaths.  Look forward - not at your feet. Don’t look for signs of disapproval from others - they are usually misinterpreted gestures or words anyway. 

2 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Money is very reliable. It can buy you all the love in the world. You should love money. 

I like money too - money is good.  It is powerful. It can provide the options, opportunity and freedoms that lack of money can take away. However, it is unable to provide love or respect. 

I have no idea why I cannot get this not to be bold print <arrghhh>
Edited by Maryaam

I don't know if you have seen this before but this is a famous poem, about being at peace with yourself. When you are at peace with yourself, you project peace and tranquility to others.

Desiderata

GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927

Edited by Maryaam

4 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

Lol its easy to think everyone on here hates each other because of the differences in opinion, and how we express said opinions. But, hate is a strong word, yes some people will dislike eachother on here, but that's life. We'll have people who like us and we'll have people who dislike us. We need to remember we're all on the same team though. We're all Muslims, and at the end of the day, we all just strive to be happy, that happiness stems from religion and accepting Islam. 

I don't think anyone hates you, and although I don't really know you, you seem to be a cool person. If you want to develop friendships on here, maybe post more often or go onto the chatroom? Don't let his get you down :) 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

I disagree with people but that doesn't mean I hate or even dislike them.

I can easily sit with anyone here on SC for a cup of coffee/tea or break bread.

@Lion of Shia

Assalam Alikum dear brother

I hope you are well and in good health.

Congratulations on the birth of Rasoul Allah Mohammad and his grandson Imam Jafar as Sadiq.

Don't look for friends online brother, you need to make real relationships out in real life and that takes time and effort.

God bless you and protect you from all harm.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

11 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

I disagree with people but that doesn't mean I hate or even dislike them.

I can easily sit with anyone here on SC for a cup of coffee/tea or break bread.

I didn't say that though. I said some people MAY dislike eachother , and that's totally fine. I never said you simply dislike or hate someone because you disagree with them.

@Lion of Shia

Oh I forgot to mention, People will love you when you are beneficial for them which is being selfish so don't worry about people loving you or hating you.

Rather focus on your responsibilities assigned by Allah to you and MOST IMPORTANTLY ensure that Imam e Zaman(asws) smiles because of you. That's one we all need to take care of.