Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
MohammadAli1993

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) scared of Angel?? The Shia View

Rate this topic

SalamAlaykum brothers and sisters

In shaa Allah you are all doing well

This is something that has been bothering me for a long time really but never got the opportunity to ask it on this forum. 

What is the Shia Ithna Ashari view towards the reaction of the Prophet encountering Angel Jibareel (a.s) in the Mount Hira when the first Chapter of the Quran was revealed onto him. (Surah AL Alaq) 

From what I can remember, the Sunni explains that the Prophet was scared with the encounter of the Angel and wasn't sure what to read when the Angel mentioned IQRA

We as Shia Muslim believe that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was a Prophet before he was actually born in a physical sense but are there any Hadith maybe talking about the event of his First encounter with the Angel and the first revelation. 

I would be so grateful if someone could share a Hadith. 

May Allah bless u all. 

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ مَرْيَمَ إِذِ انْتَبَذَتْ مِنْ أَهْلِهَا مَكَانًا شَرْقِيًّا {16}

[Pickthal 19:16] And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East,

فَاتَّخَذَتْ مِنْ دُونِهِمْ حِجَابًا فَأَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْهَا رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَرًا سَوِيًّا {17}

[Pickthal 19:17] And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man.

قَالَتْ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِالرَّحْمَٰنِ مِنْكَ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَقِيًّا {18}

[Pickthal 19:18] She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art Allah-fearing.

قَالَ إِنَّمَا أَنَا رَسُولُ رَبِّكِ لِأَهَبَ لَكِ غُلَامًا زَكِيًّا {19}

[Pickthal 19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

قَالَتْ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا {20}

[Pickthal 19:20] She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste?

Paint a complete picture from start till end. (then contemplate) 

"It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that that Jibreel came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was playing with the other boys. He took hold of him and threw him to the ground, then he opened his chest and took out his heart, from which he took a clot of blood and said: “This was the Shaytaan’s share of you.” Then he washed it in a vessel of gold that was filled with Zamzam. Then he put it back together and returned it to its place. The boys went running to his mother – meaning his nurse – and said: Muhammad has been killed! They went to him and his colour had changed. Anas said: I used to see the mark of that stitching on his chest."

They have their reasons for the fear (na'uzobillah) of Prophet (S).

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

"It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that that Jibreel came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was playing with the other boys. He took hold of him and threw him to the ground, then he opened his chest and took out his heart, from which he took a clot of blood and said: “This was the Shaytaan’s share of you.” Then he washed it in a vessel of gold that was filled with Zamzam. Then he put it back together and returned it to its place. The boys went running to his mother – meaning his nurse – and said: Muhammad has been killed! They went to him and his colour had changed. Anas said: I used to see the mark of that stitching on his chest."

And you know how do they support this hadith?

With the ayah 'Alam Nashrah Laka Sadrak'.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:58 PM, S.M.H.A. said:

Paint a complete picture from start till end. (then contemplate) 

I can see that Lady Maryam (s.a) feared the encounter of the Angel. 

If you can explain further brother, I would appreciate it. 

On 11/23/2018 at 4:21 PM, Salsabeel said:

Yeah I understand brother, what about the Shia View?

4 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

In Shia view they knew importance of that matter ,its like as when we feel state like as fear when we understand the importance of our duty for doing a great work but it's signs & symptoms is like as fearing from something  like as trembling & perspiring 

Sunni hadiths conclude it in an absurd view because they don't know prophets specially prophet Muhammad(pbu) as infallible persons ,they considet him as an fallible person that receives revelation but has uncertainty & errors of normal people so they see these signs as reflect of ordinary persons that afraids from angles & demons & other extraordinary matters 

Lady Maryam declared her purity & chastity to angle jibrael ,she saw glory of Allah in jibrael that was in human form so she understood that something great is happening so she warned him that she knew importance of matter & she is clear from any unpurity of womans of her time .

21 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

The hadith of sunni brothers proves one thing i.e., the Prophet knew the Jibra'il from his childhood. As for what Sunni brothers believe about "sharh-e-Sadr" (expanding of the breast), we have a totally different explanation. Our believe about Prophet (S) can easily be understood from these ahadith:

"My light was created when Adam was not even in the process of creation.. I and Ali were created from one and the same light."

How can such a Prophet fear from an angel? However, his fear (if there were any) might have a different dimension. Perhaps the fear of belying of the Quraysh regarding his news and their linking him to insanity and that he was influenced by Shaytan (na'uzobillah). 

Iqra (read, recite or proclaim) implies that the Holy Prophet knew all the names of Allah which carry the essence of creation and legislation. So he knew the book of Allah also. As said in verses 77 to 79 of Waqi-ah the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt alone, in addition to Allah, are aware of the book kept well-guarded in lawh mahfuz. Here he was commanded to recite or read which he already knew. It was the beginning of the gradual revelation. See Ta Ha: 114 and Qiyamah: 16 to 19. Verse 3 repeats the command to recite, and verses 4 and 5 say that Allah has already taught everything which if read with Rahman: 1 to 4 clearly implies that the Holy Prophet who was sent as rahmatun lil alamin (mercy unto the worlds), representing the universal divine grace, was taught by Arrahman as soon as he was created. Thus bi-that does not mean the beginning of his prophethood, but it refers to the beginning of his ministry.

http://quran.al-islam.org/

وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ أُمِّ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَرْضِعِيهِ ۖ فَإِذَا خِفْتِ عَلَيْهِ فَأَلْقِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ وَلَا تَخَافِي وَلَا تَحْزَنِي ۖ إِنَّا رَادُّوهُ إِلَيْكِ وَجَاعِلُوهُ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ {7}

[Shakir 28:7] And We revealed to Musa's mothers, saying: Give him suck, then when you fear for him, cast him into the river and do not fear nor grieve; surely We wi!l bring him back to you and make him one of the messengers.
[Pickthal 28:7] And We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: Suckle him and, when thou fearest for him, then cast him into the river and fear not nor grieve. Lo! We shall bring him back unto thee and shall make him (one) of Our messengers.
[Yusufali 28:7] So We sent this inspiration to the mother of Moses: "Suckle (thy child), but when thou hast fears about him, cast him into the river, but fear not nor grieve: for We shall restore him to thee, and We shall make him one of Our messengers."

Here it is about the Birth of the (Marium/Mary(as)) Mother of Prophet Isa(as).

إِذْ قَالَتِ امْرَأَتُ عِمْرَانَ رَبِّ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لَكَ مَا فِي بَطْنِي مُحَرَّرًا فَتَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ {35}

[Shakir 3:35] When a woman of Imran said: My Lord! surely I vow to Thee what is in my womb, to be devoted (to Thy service); accept therefore from me, surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing.
[Pickthal 3:35] (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower!
[Yusufali 3:35] Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things."

فَلَمَّا وَضَعَتْهَا قَالَتْ رَبِّ إِنِّي وَضَعْتُهَا أُنْثَىٰ وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا وَضَعَتْ وَلَيْسَ الذَّكَرُ كَالْأُنْثَىٰ ۖ وَإِنِّي سَمَّيْتُهَا مَرْيَمَ وَإِنِّي أُعِيذُهَا بِكَ وَذُرِّيَّتَهَا مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ {36}

[Shakir 3:36] So when she brought forth, she said: My Lord! Surely I have brought it forth a female-- and Allah knew best what she brought forth-- and the male is not like the female, and I have named it Marium, and I commend her and her offspring into Thy protection from the accursed Shaitan.
[Pickthal 3:36] And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.
[Yusufali 3:36] When she was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!"- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- "And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected."

فَتَقَبَّلَهَا رَبُّهَا بِقَبُولٍ حَسَنٍ وَأَنْبَتَهَا نَبَاتًا حَسَنًا وَكَفَّلَهَا زَكَرِيَّا ۖ كُلَّمَا دَخَلَ عَلَيْهَا زَكَرِيَّا الْمِحْرَابَ وَجَدَ عِنْدَهَا رِزْقًا ۖ قَالَ يَا مَرْيَمُ أَنَّىٰ لَكِ هَٰذَا ۖ قَالَتْ هُوَ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَرْزُقُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ {37}

[Shakir 3:37] So her Lord accepted her with a good acceptance and made her grow up a good growing, and gave her into the charge of Zakariya; whenever Zakariya entered the sanctuary to (see) her, he found with her food. He said: O Marium! whence comes this to you? She said: It is from Allah. Surely Allah gives to whom He pleases without measure.
[Pickthal 3:37] And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will.
[Yusufali 3:37] Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?" She said: "From Allah: for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure."

Salam from 25:00 to 34:00 the speaker talks about connection of prophet Mohammad (pbu) with angles & explins it from shia view 

“it was Prophet Muhammad(pbu) that taught Quran to  angle Gabriel & story of his fear is baseless’ 

the different faces of the devils (is CERN hadron collider one of them?)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe