Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zaynab McCabe

Unity week

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salaam alaykom wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuh 

Mubarak to you all for the wiladat of Prophet Muhammad sawa, and to those going to celebrate as well. Here is my video for the unity week hope it is beneficial in sha Allah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the Infallible Imams (A) promoted Unity | Shaykh Salim Yusufali

Edited by Hameedeh
Removed accidental strike through fonts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Just to make this clear, there’s no such thing as “Unity between Sunni and Shi’a but there is tolerance and decency betweeen sunni and Shi’a. 

Salaam alaykom

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

Even though we have our difference this should not divide us as a ummah. 

There is no need to become divided as the division causes only loss as we have clearly seen. Living in unity is not to start following their way it just means no division. No need to conform to their ways but we all believe in Allah and the messenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zaynab McCabe said:

Salaam alaykom

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

Even though we have our difference this should not divide us as a ummah. 

There is no need to become divided as the division causes only loss as we have clearly seen. Living in unity is not to start following their way it just means no division. No need to conform to their ways but we all believe in Allah and the messenger.

What if I showed you sunni islam is terrorism, would you believe? Authentic narration right from their six authentic books that go hand in hand with terrorism and salafis. Water cannot unite with fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What if I showed you sunni islam is terrorism, would you believe? Authentic narration right from their six authentic books that go hand in hand with terrorism and salafis. Water cannot unite with fire. 

are you 100% sure that you are going to paradise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

are you 100% sure that you are going to paradise?

No, but I know for sure all of the Shi’a have 100% better chance to go to heaven then most Sunnis, only a minority of Sunnis well go to heaven since most of them turn away in arrogance after the truth has been manifest to them from their own books. There are even hadiths from their books that prove what I’m saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

No, but I know for sure all of the Shi’a have 100% better chance to go to heaven then most Sunnis, only a minority of Sunnis well go to heaven since most of them turn away in arrogance after the truth has been manifest to them from their own books. There are even hadiths from their books that prove what I’m saying. 

ok if you are not sure, then better not talk as if you are sure that a billion people who were born into "suni" Islam are going to hell, or? Did you meet every single suni muslim? The ones who actually care about their religion, actually use the word suni because it means the "way" of Allah and the "way" of Muhamad. Maybe Allah accepts the good intention of some of them. Do you have a hadith from their book saying that Shias have a better chance than sunnis? Sorry didn't get that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zaynab McCabe said:

Salaam alaykom

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

Even though we have our difference this should not divide us as a ummah. 

There is no need to become divided as the division causes only loss as we have clearly seen. Living in unity is not to start following their way it just means no division. No need to conform to their ways but we all believe in Allah and the messenger.

How can you unite with terrorists? Killers of ahlulbayt? I know for sure there can be tolerance between us but certainly not unity. Sunni’s are kaffur but their ignorant,they haven’t done deep research within their own books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anonymous2144 said:

How can you unite with terrorists? Killers of ahlulbayt? I know for sure there can be tolerance between us but certainly not unity. Sunni’s are kaffur but their ignorant,they haven’t done deep research within their own books. 

Terrorists? How can you say that all sunnis are terrorists? That is like saying that all Shia are good people! You could be going to hell yourself, so how can you do takfir like that? And how can you judge a billion people as ignorant? That sounds like ISIS talk to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 313 Seeker said:

ok if you are not sure, then better not talk as if you are sure that a billion people who were born into "suni" Islam are going to hell, or? Did you meet every single suni muslim? The ones who actually care about their religion, actually use the word suni because it means the "way" of Allah and the "way" of Muhamad. Maybe Allah accepts the good intention of some of them. Do you have a hadith from their book saying that Shias have a better chance than sunnis? Sorry didn't get that point.

No, The Shi’a will go to heaven and only a small minority will go to heaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

No, The Shi’a will go to heaven and only a small minority will go to heaven. 

The shia of the imam al zaman. That is a very vague description in todays world. And anyway, only God knows who is a true Mumin and who isn't .. whatever that may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Terrorists? How can you say that all sunnis are terrorists? That is like saying that all Shia are good people! You could be going to hell yourself, so how can you do takfir like that? And how can you judge a billion people as ignorant? That sounds like ISIS talk to me. 

Most of the Sunnis turn away in arrogance after the we show them proof from their books and also Sunnis believe we(Shi’a) are kaffur. Why is it hard for you to accept tolerance and not unity? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anonymous2144 said:

Most of the Sunnis turn away in arrogance after the we show them proof from their books and also Sunnis believe we(Shi’a) are kaffur. Why is it hard for you to accept tolerance and not unity? 

the same thing can be said of Shias, from a non-"Shia" perspective. It could be that what you think is Shia isn't actually Shia. Did you ever think of that? Prophet Mohamed said that in the end days Islam will be only existing in name. Do you ever consider that maybe your beliefs and idea of ahlulbayt could be wrong? Just like a lot of things from Sunis also could be wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anonymous2144 said:

I’ll try and find the Hadith for you, it’s authentic in their books. 

even if you get a hadith. How do you know if those words even apply to you or them or anybody. How do you know that the Imam Ali you believe in, is like the real one, or a mirage of somebody else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting if you read what our classical or really any pre- modern scholars said about mukhalifeen they were very much not pro unity. Some even believed all non-12ver shia were najis. Sayyed khoie said that the kufr of the mukhalifeen is proved from mutawatir narrations along with the permissibility of cursing them and the obligation of doing bara'ah from them. Religious unity isn't necessary, we can get along with and tolerate people of all faiths even idol worshipers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

TO them were kaffur, to us their terrorists it go’d Hand in hand, but instead we will just call them kaffur. The best thing we can do is tolerance. 

that is not true. Only to the likes of ISIS we are kafir. If you want to react to ISIS then you might as well bark at a dog that barks at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 313 Seeker said:

that is not true. Only to the likes of ISIS we are kafir. If you want to react to ISIS then you might as well bark at a dog that barks at you.

Bro have ever researchd their classic scholars they are more knowledgeable then the modern scholars. And these scholars say Shi’a are kaffur and these scholars are anti wahabbi and anti khwarij

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

It's interesting if you read what our classical or really any pre- modern scholars said about mukhalifeen they were very much not pro unity. Some even believed all non-12ver shia were najis. Sayyed khoie said that the kufr of the mukhalifeen is proved from mutawatir narrations along with the permissibility of cursing them and the obligation of doing bara'ah from them. Religious unity isn't necessary, we can get along with and tolerate people of all faiths even idol worshipers. 

If it is against people who knowingly stand against ahlulbayt, and they are disgusting people, then why not. But out of principle it is definitely wrong to do that. There are good Sunis just like there are bad Shias. Most people from both sides don't get the chance to experience the humanity of people born into either family. Most Sunis nowadays don't have the chance to hear about ahlulbayt stories of old. When the Imam al Zaman rises, and people stand against him, then go ahead and curse them. But just because people aren't interested in learning about stories that are 1,400 years old, there is no need to be hating them or judging them as bad people. We are living in near end-times era, this must be taken into consideration. With the Imam in ghaiba. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Bro have ever researchd their classic scholars they are more knowledgeable then the modern scholars. And these scholars say Shi’a are kaffur and these scholars are anti wahabbi and anti khwarij

idiot scholars exist on both sides. They can also go to hell like we can if Allah decides to not forgive us our mistakes. The point is that we all make mistakes, we all have knowledge gaps, and regardless of how big or small our mistakes are - whether suni or shia, only God's forgiveness can save us. So in this sense we are all in one boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

If it is against people who knowingly stand against ahlulbayt, and they are disgusting people, then why not. But out of principle it is definitely wrong to do that. There are good Sunis just like there are bad Shias. Most people from both sides don't get the chance to experience the humanity of people born into either family. Most Sunis nowadays don't have the chance to hear about ahlulbayt stories of old. When the Imam al Zaman rises, and people stand against him, then go ahead and curse them. But just because people aren't interested in learning about stories that are 1,400 years old, there is no need to be hating them or judging them as bad people. We are living in near end-times era, this must be taken into consideration. With the Imam in ghaiba. 

"Bad people" and "good people" are very vague useless descriptions without objective criteria, there are idolaters that are nice people but that doesn't change the fact they are going to hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shi3i_jadeed said:

"Bad people" and "good people" are very vague useless descriptions without objective criteria, there are idolaters that are nice people but that doesn't change the fact they are going to hell. 

there are people born into idolator families who will join the Mahdi, and people born into shia families that will go to hell. It is impossible for us to judge entire groups of people, which are mostly divided into tribes and families.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

there are people born into idolator families who will join the Mahdi, and people born into shia families that will go to hell. It is impossible for us to judge entire groups of people, which are mostly divided into tribes and families.

Actually it's very much possible since the Quran does it all the time. I never mentioned their origin determining their eternal destination but what they do and believe does, I'm not from a shia family yet I'm shia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

idiot scholars exist on both sides. They can also go to hell like we can if Allah decides to not forgive us our mistakes. The point is that we all make mistakes, we all have knowledge gaps, and regardless of how big or small our mistakes are - whether suni or shia, only God's forgiveness can save us. So in this sense we are all in one boat.

No, their not idiots, they speak the truth and don’t hide it. The sheik actually makes sense when he says Shi’a kaffur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zaynab McCabe said:

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

We are already united on the kalima that "there is no God but Allah and Muhammad (S) is His last Prophet"

The division starts where technicalities starting to involve. For instance about Allah (s.w.t), can we unite with those who assert that they can see Allah with their eyes or mentions shapes & forms of Allah (na'uzobillah)?

Can we unite with those who believe that the seal of Prophet (S) and the rest of the prophets were sinners and have committed mistakes?

Can we unite with those who believe in caliphate of their own selected ones, those who have refused the ulil amr?

Can we unite with those who respects Muawiyah (la'een) and mix the truth & falsehood?

I do think we must use the term "tolerance" instead of unity. Otherwise we will be mixing up those who do shirk in obediance and those who're not doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

the same thing can be said of Shias, from a non-"Shia" perspective. It could be that what you think is Shia isn't actually Shia. Did you ever think of that? Prophet Mohamed said that in the end days Islam will be only existing in name. Do you ever consider that maybe your beliefs and idea of ahlulbayt could be wrong? Just like a lot of things from Sunis also could be wrong? 

Narrated Abu huraira: The Prophet said: “while I was sleeping, a group (of my followers were brought close to me), and when i recognised them, a man (an angle) came out from amongst (us) me and them, he said (to them), ‘come along.’ ‘I asked, ‘where?” He said, To the (hell) fire, by Allah’ I asked, ‘what is wrong with them’ He said, ‘They turned apostate as renegades after you left.’ Then behold! (Another) group (of my followers) were brought close to me, and when i recognised them, a man (an angle) came out from (me and them) he said (to them); Come along. ‘I asked, “where’ He said, ‘To the (hell) Fire, by Allah. ‘I asked, what is wrong with them? He said, ‘They turned apostate as renegades after you left.’ So I did not see anyone of them escaping except a few who were like camels without a shepherd.” 

Bukhari, Book 8, volume 76, hadith 587

Edited by Anonymous2144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Just to make this clear, there’s no such thing as “Unity between Sunni and Shi’a but there is tolerance and decency betweeen sunni and Shi’a. 

Subban Allah I didn't think i would get this much critisim from my video however if educational we wish to discuss this i dont mind however i am a no body so I do highly highly recommend all of us to watch some more knowledgable scholars such as Shiekh Shomali I'll post a good one we can all start with to get better understanding in sha Allah. My low self will leave at this, that uniting on some grounds doesn't mean an absolute uniting as of course we dont always agree with each other, however while we argue to fold our arms or to put them down to our sides others are causing our major division which has resulted in very very horrible tragedies. So I leave this forum at this and i encourage all to seek these answers to more knowledgable scholars. May Allah swt help us all to become more educated in sha Allah. 

 

Salaam alaykom

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

Even though we have our difference this should not divide us as a ummah. 

There is no need to become divided as the division causes only loss as we have clearly seen. Living in unity is not to start following their way it just means no division. No need to conform to their ways but we all believe in Allah and the messenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zaynab McCabe said:

Subban Allah I didn't think i would get this much critisim from my video however if educational we wish to discuss this i dont mind however i am a no body so I do highly highly recommend all of us to watch some more knowledgable scholars such as Shiekh Shomali I'll post a good one we can all start with to get better understanding in sha Allah. My low self will leave at this, that uniting on some grounds doesn't mean an absolute uniting as of course we dont always agree with each other, however while we argue to fold our arms or to put them down to our sides others are causing our major division which has resulted in very very horrible tragedies. So I leave this forum at this and i encourage all to seek these answers to more knowledgable scholars. May Allah swt help us all to become more educated in sha Allah. 

Salaam alaykom

Unity is being together or at one with someone or something. It's the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.

Even though we have our difference this should not divide us as a ummah. 

There is no need to become divided as the division causes only loss as we have clearly seen. Living in unity is not to start following their way it just means no division. No need to conform to their ways but we all believe in Allah and the messenger.

Have ever done deep research within the “six authentic books” in the sunni school for thought? You shoul research about them. You will see terrorism supported in their books and their religion was spread by the sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zaynab McCabe

Honestly some comments here make me cringe. You did your best to promote love and unity between Shias and Sunnis, but some people have nothing nice to say. 

I too would rather look up to a knowledgeable scholar such as Mohammad Shomali who is working very hard to spread the truth in a beautiful way while being respectful of the Sunni sect. You have to realize that not everyone possess wisdom, as that is instilled by Allah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 313 Seeker said:

even if you get a hadith. How do you know if those words even apply to you or them or anybody. How do you know that the Imam Ali you believe in, is like the real one, or a mirage of somebody else?

Prophet Muhammad’s (sawas) said “hold on to the Quran, in it is light and guidance and hold to my ahlulbayt and you shall never go astray”  The Shi’a have held on to the ahlulbayt and the Quran, we are definitely on right path. Our Imams gave us many ways to identify their narrations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sister @Zaynab McCabe,

May Allah (s.w.t) grant you the reward for your effort; I have just seen the video of yours.

I do understand what you are trying to say and what all of our scholars means when they talk about unity.

In fact the basis of religion are intact Alhamdolillah, so all those who left behind and all those who moved forward, are needed to get back to these basis for holding the "Rope of Allah (s.w.t)". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...