Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
amr

Political science topics

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Sallam alikom Dear brothers and sisters, I'm going to do master thesis in political sciences and need your help to choose the point, I'm hesitating, I want to do something serve Islam and Ummah. what do you recommend ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wa alaykum salaam,

It would be good to target your audience towards the youth of this 21st century. Perhaps focusing on the concept of misplaced leadership, and the ignorance of humanity and human values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jannahismygoal said:

Wa alaykum salaam,

It would be good to target your audience towards the youth of this 21st century. Perhaps focusing on the concept of misplaced leadership, and the ignorance of humanity and human values.

The thesis will have to show 'continuity in historical context'.

Example:  There has been "Challenge A" to the Ummah before. Then examples and what is same-or-similar to what exists now and then what before has always remained the same and this is to be expected for Challenge A as it now exists.

Another example: lf l chose "the Promise of Bathe" (where everyone has a seat-at-the-table) then l need to find examples of where this has similarly existed in North Africa and western Asia before, then Syria and lraq, why it didn't hold in Lebanon, and finally what may exist/emerge in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jannahismygoal said:

It would be good to target your audience towards the youth of this 21st century. Perhaps focusing on the concept of misplaced leadership, and the ignorance of humanity and human values.

thank you good idea but I want to limit this idea. youth and political participation for example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, amr said:

thank you good idea but I want to limit this idea. youth and political participation for example 

Hm, but what about political participation? 

It could be argued that, Muslim youth in the west are politically active, however, are all political campaigns, and initiatives that are promoted in the west (which the youth are easily lured into) representative of Islamic values? Many times, it's not that the youth are not engaged or active in political realms., but the issues lies in the lack of political wisdom (baseerah) and the need to build a power of analysis to understand the present global trends and circumstances, so that we are taking meaningful actions that contribute to the values that are in like with the revolutionary ideals of Shi'i Islam. 

Edited by jannahismygoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 7:26 PM, jannahismygoal said:

m, but what about political participation? 

It could be argued that, Muslim youth in the west are politically active, however, are all political campaigns, and initiatives that are promoted in the west (which the youth are easily lured into) representative of Islamic values? Many times, it's not that the youth are not engaged or active in political realms., but the issues lies in the lack of political wisdom (baseerah) and the need to build a power of analysis to understand the present global trends and circumstances, so that we are taking meaningful actions that contribute to the values that are in like with the revolutionary ideals of Shi'i Islam. 

Do you mean I ask a question why Muslim youth in the west are politically active ? Although all the circumstances lead to the opposite !  ... do you mean that ? did I understand you?  I'm sorry my mother language is Arabic .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...