Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delegate

The Meaning Of Create

Rate this question

Question

Guest Delegate

Salam Brothers and Sisters,

Is it permissible to say that one has created something? Is it permissible for us to apply the term "create" to ourselves when Allah is titled the Creator of all things. It seems a bit confusing to me. If someone would be able to clarify for me.

[Note to Mods: This is purely a serious question which requires an answer.]

4 answers to this question

Guest Delegate
15 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:bismillah:

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

23:14 

Salam Brother. What about using words such as preserve or save. When is it appropriate to use such terms? Based on the meaning of these words one might commit shirk by using them. For example, one says to another: I saved your life or I preserved your life. Such sayings are shirk because it is Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى who does that. Apart from that, what other ways may I appropriately use the terms saved, save and preserve or preserved? Please reply. 

:bismillah:

مَن قَتَلَ نَفْسًا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِي الأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا 

5:32 "if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind."

38 minutes ago, Guest Delegate said:

Such sayings are shirk because it is Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى who does that.

Don't make the shirk so easy that everyone can judge other for comitting shirk.

It is Allah (s.w.t) who knows the secrets of the hearts. We, in Islam, accomodate even the hypocrites because we don't claim to know the secrets of the hearts.

There is no Shirk in it to say I have saved some one's life. If this logic is applied on killings, then the killer can present the same reason that its God who gives life & cause death. While indeed it is the case but I would present before you another verse in which a tyrant claimed that he can too give life and cause death, the Prophet then used a different argument instead of countering his claim:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 258:
أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِي حَاجَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ فِي رَبِّهِ أَنْ آتَاهُ اللَّهُ الْمُلْكَ إِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّيَ الَّذِي يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ قَالَ أَنَا أُحْيِي وَأُمِيتُ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْتِي بِالشَّمْسِ مِنَ الْمَشْرِقِ فَأْتِ بِهَا مِنَ الْمَغْرِبِ فَبُهِتَ الَّذِي كَفَرَ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Have you not considered him (Namrud) who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord, because Allah had given him the kingdom? When Ibrahim said: My Lord is He who gives life and causes to die, he said: I give life and cause death. Ibrahim said: So surely Allah causes the sun to rise from the east, then make it rise from the west; thus he who disbelieved was confounded; and Allah does not guide aright the unjust people.
(English - Shakir)

In our Islamic history, there are some chosen ones who caused the dead alive and cured the blinds by the permission of Allah (s.w.t). 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this