Syed Kumail

Shias in Doha, Qatar

Just wanted to say I have a few friends living there.

Don't make it publicly known that your shia, choose carefully where you pray in public, etc. Doha doesn't have the friendliest bunch, especially towards foreigners. 

Stay safe!

6 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

Just wanted to say I have a few friends living there.

Don't make it publicly known that your shia, choose carefully where you pray in public, etc. Doha doesn't have the friendliest bunch, especially towards foreigners. 

Stay safe!

So you want him to hide his beliefs for the sake of...? Please complete the sentence.

Just asking.

6 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So you want him to hide his beliefs for the sake of...? Please complete the sentence.

Just asking.

Publicly there is no need to make his beliefs apparent, like at work, don't go praying in front of people, pray alone. Don't go around asking random people for a shia community, because you might ask the wrong person and they could mark you, etc. It's not a shia-friendly gov't/city at all. People lost their jobs for their beliefs quite literally. Some people get deported. Others assaulted. Etc.

4 hours ago, dragonxx said:

Publicly there is no need to make his beliefs apparent, like at work, don't go praying in front of people, pray alone. Don't go around asking random people for a shia community, because you might ask the wrong person and they could mark you, etc. It's not a shia-friendly gov't/city at all. People lost their jobs for their beliefs quite literally. Some people get deported. Others assaulted. Etc.

Are you serious? You want him to hide his beliefs for these worldly reasons, he will hide his love for Ali(asws) because of this world?.

Ever heard of Hazrat Meesam e Tammar(asws)? And many more lovers of Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww).

Who cares about all such things when it comes about loving Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww).

Allah is the raazik, why worry then?.

Historically I don't know from the top of my head of Shia in Qatar but I do know almost all the Shia you'll encounter there are migrant workers especially from Lebanon.

9 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Are you serious? You want him to hide his beliefs for these worldly reasons, he will hide his love for Ali(asws) because of this world?.

Ever heard of Hazrat Meesam e Tammar(asws)? And many more lovers of Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww).

Who cares about all such things when it comes about loving Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww).

All I'm saying is to exercise caution and not advertise his faith. Calm down.

19 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Salaam hey Ali, hope you're doing well iA. I think brother dragonxx has a point here. Of course, we should fear none other then Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and yes we should stand strong for our love for the Ahlul Bayth (AS), but at the same time we have to be smart and strategic with our actions. If you are one individual in a new country, and the majority of the people around you are hostile and hateful towards people of your kind (lol not sure if this is the exact case in Doha, but just giving an example), then logically we should take care of ourselves and do what we need to do in order to stay safe so that we can continue practicing our beliefs in peace...It's not really about being weak in faith here...After all, we even have taqiyyah in our religion for a reason. Many things are dependent upon the situation, and so we need to be careful of how we analyse and extract messages from our history.

Edited by AStruggler