Sumerian

WP: Iran's influence in Iraq is waning

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Forgottenthinker said:

On a side note very true it was even more advanced and developed than Turkey and Iran. Syrians and Egyptians came from afar to see Baghdad's magical beauty.

We also had the best doctors and colleges in the Middle East, we owned it.

You can blame the idiot Saddam (la) destroying everything due to his militaristic and Arab nationalist goals. Every pan-(insert) cross border expanisionist movement is the reason for our suffering and wars.

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

With all due respect, Iraq is only in the "pitiful" state it is in because of foreign involvement in Iraq. And I don't care about what Lebanon does, Lebanese can do what they want. I only care about Iraq and Iraq alone, the domestic politics of others does not concern me. The stability and economic interests of Iraq are the priorities. 

I see so many non-Iraqis on here they want Iraq to do "xyz" to suit a certain country's interests, while they pay no attention to the interests of the Iraqi populace or what Iraqis want. 

I don't think I insulted anyone. 

Yes you actually did, claiming that resistance fighters were not and could not be patriots.

Iraq is in a bad situation because its people from the very start only care about their sectarian interests. One proof is 2006-07 killing spree which took place in spite of the calls to peace of Sayed al Sistani. You cannot blame Iran or other countries for every bad thing in Iraq.

Edited by realizm

First of all its sad to see so much nationalism in this forum we are one Ummah dont forget that secondly what is the problem if iran has goverment in Iraq and support eachother why is you guys making this a big deal please guys wake up zionism system is controlling us and we are slave of zionism system thirdly i mean that all Islamic country should be one and not working for their country intrests only thats why we are suffering today because every Islamic country almost are working for their own lustful desires and worldly desires and only iran is working for unity of Islamic Ummah and then people like us has problem with them why tell me why are we so selfish and ignorant? Iran is doing a great job but no one ever give them credit for that why are we doing that we are so ungrateful  people seriously i have no words and if we want to live in slavery then go on and be killed from zionist system everyday then dont blame Anyone that no one told you guys to wake up from the dream and see the reality wallahi i get so angry when i see that almost every Islamic countries are under zionist system and is slave of the zionist system and the people who resist are getting killed so badly and brutally wallahi guys wake up and rise against oppression and dont waste your time on nationalism we are getting fooled by zionism system Nigeria Yemen Syria palestine Kashmir are suffering like they are not human and getting killed like animals and we are watching only and sharing pictures only it's not enough we need to rise up and fight them and dont waste our time Muslim Ummah need our help we should make Shiachat army and fight the zionist system wallahi i cry so much when i see how zionist are killing people dont you feel bad And sad guys?:cry: ):

4 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

You can blame the idiot Saddam (la) destroying everything due to his militaristic and Arab nationalist goals. Every pan-(insert) cross border expanisionist movement is the reason for our suffering and wars.

Absolutely he and that disgusting Baath party took our beloved Jasmine Iraq, and crashed it into the ground. We still haven't recovered :( 

Damn Saddam the CIA agent.

9 minutes ago, realizm said:

Yes you actually did, claiming that resistance fighters were not and could not be patriots.

Iraq is in a bad situation because its people from the very start only care about their sectarian interests. One proof is 2006-07 killing spree which took place in spite of the calls to peace of Sayed al Sistani. You cannot blame Iran or other countries for every bad thing in Iraq.

You can fight oppression without being a patriot. Many communists are the least patriotic people with their internationalist nonsense but at times they have fought oppression. Again, you're obsessed with the labels. If someone takes orders from a foreigner, how can they possibly be a patriot? A patriot has complete and only devotion to their nation. Forget other stuff.

The sectarianism only brew up because of Saddam's (la) regime and the corrupt scum that took power afterward. Like I said, Iraq was the most advanced nation in the Mid East before the wars, militarism and pathetic political parties (especially the so-called Islamist ones) took over. 

12 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

You can fight oppression without being a patriot. Many communists are the least patriotic people with their internationalist nonsense but at times they have fought oppression. Again, you're obsessed with the labels. If someone takes orders from a foreigner, how can they possibly be a patriot? A patriot has complete and only devotion to their nation. Forget other stuff.

The sectarianism only brew up because of Saddam's (la) regime and the corrupt scum that took power afterward. Like I said, Iraq was the most advanced nation in the Mid East before the wars, militarism and pathetic political parties (especially the so-called Islamist ones) took over. 

I do not think I am obsessed with labels, however I think you are obsessed with the Iranian Dominion theory. Proof given with Hezb in Lebanon who take orders from WF, but orders were never anti patriotic.

22 minutes ago, realizm said:

I do not think I am obsessed with labels, however I think you are obsessed with the Iranian Dominion theory. Proof given with Hezb in Lebanon who take orders from WF, but orders were never anti patriotic.

How is it a theory? If a group is "pro" Iran, and believes in the leadership of Tehran, and takes control of any country, how is this anything but dominion?

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

How is it a theory? If a group is "pro" Iran, and believes in the leadership of Tehran, and takes control of any country, how is this anything but dominion?

See, that is your problem, you have that theory that influence necessarily leads to the takeover of a country.

4 hours ago, Forgottenthinker said:

They're wasting money on these affairs while Iran is facing one of the worst droughts in Iranian history. May Allah help the once mighty Persian empire and our brothers and sisters in it for freedom.

Mighty Persian empire was from India to Palestine & Yemen & Iraq was a tiny state in its wast empire , if we want to revive it now Iraqis even must ask us what to drink & eat the meddling in their government was a joke because at that time they were under full control:D

These current national borders, the ones in the ME were set up by the British in the early part of the 20th century in order to keep muslims constantly fighting and bickering with each other. Looks like the plan worked pretty well. 

There has always been cross cultural influence between Iraq and Iran going back thousands of years. This is not a new thing. 

2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

These current national borders, the ones in the ME were set up by the British in the early part of the 20th century in order to keep muslims constantly fighting and bickering with each other. Looks like the plan worked pretty well. 

Exactly right.

Borders were not set by God, but by men. They change all the time, and their utility is transient. Yet they are over-sanctified. 

The nation-state as we understand it is very recent in human history. Even so, with globalization and improved technology, borders and nations will be diminished. Some are fearful of this, especially in conservative tribalistic circles, but it’s a futile fight. The struggle will be over the nature of the global order, not the nature of fragmented landmasses.

Which btw makes Trumps border wall very archaic, appealing to those whose minds are in the same 19th century the idea came from.

“Iraq” has had its name and shape changed so many times in the past, and will in the future. Why should there be affinity for this current configuration over any of the others?

6 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Lol, so if they get an order from their masters what will they do?

Najaf Friday Prayer Leader:

US imposes sanction against enemies of terrorism

http://en.abna24.com/news//us-imposes-sanction-against-enemies-of-terrorism_916964.html

November 17, 2018 - 6:38 PM News Code : 916964 Source : Taghrib newsLink: 
US imposes sanction against enemies of terrorism

Hujjat-ul-Islam Seyyed Sadr-eddin Qapanchi, top prayer leader of Najaf, has slammed the United States over imposing sanction against some popular mobilization commanders calling that “clash with world” rather than diplomacy.

With youth speaking of Iran not respecting Iraqi sovereignty etc, meanwhile Turkey has established numerous military bases and daily bombing Iraqi territory, somehow Washington post does not seem to report on that, nor does the youth research and put things in perspective:

EzN3Ybq.png

23 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

With youth speaking of Iran not respecting Iraqi sovereignty

all of problems from Iran but Turkey & KSA are Saviour of Iraq , blame Iran for everything it's the best thing in world.:respect:

28 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

With youth speaking of Iran not respecting Iraqi sovereignty etc, meanwhile Turkey has established numerous military bases and daily bombing Iraqi territory, somehow Washington post does not seem to report on that, nor does the youth research and put things in perspective:

EzN3Ybq.png

Actually many Iraqis have spoken against Turkish occupation forces.

2 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Yeah, I saw them burn their flag in Basra. (sarcasm if you did not notice)

Lol because the protest was against Iranian intervention. Other protests have been recorded against Turkey. But tell me, who runs Iraq really? Who controlled the parliament for 15 years? Parties that are aligned to who? 

And then you want to blame Basra protesters who don't have a single water to drink?

Official Iraqi government statistics put the chemical contamination of Basra’s water at 100 percent, and the bacterial pollution at 50 percent.

Iraqi health officials estimate that more than 17,000 residents of Basra province have been poisoned by the polluted drinking water in recent weeks — including 7,000 cases in two days in late August.

This all comes amid an electricity shortage and a broader economic crisis. The oil-rich port city is home to 70 percent of the country’s oil reserves, yet 50 percent of its residents live below the poverty line. Unemployment is high, particularly among young people.

Yea they shouldn't be angry and they shouldn't protest the corrupt scum.

13 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

And then you want to blame Basra protesters who don't have a single water to drink?

whole of Iraq problem is because of Iran intervention not corruption in Iraqi politicians Basra must be a state of ISISI that it's people could live in peace & paradise even whole of Iraq must be under control of ISIS because it was completely anti any intervention & was returning golden age of Khaliphate to Iraq , it was mistake of Iran that fought with them to cause suffering for people of Iraq ,they were happy with ISIS.:D  it is not late now Iraq can be a part of Turkey as heritage of ottoman empire too & Iraqis will be free from evil Iran .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

It's not just Iran, I am against ANY influence. I wish Iraq would leave the Arab League, Organisation of Islamic Co-operation, United Nations, (or reduce to observer status), OPEC and any Globalist Internationalist Cross Border organisation, non-aligned movement + any alliance or coalition Iraq is currently in. That is how much I value sovereignty. 

Foreign relations with other states extends to just trade deals, that's it. Simple and easy approach to life.

Edited by Sumerian

56 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Naa, I could care less about the "Arabs". 

I care about Iraq.

Meh, thats it. You yourself said if you are a resident of a country you consider them citizen. You have been born and raised in Aussie, deal with that, you aren't Iraqi according to yourself, as much as Sistani isnt Iranian. Worry about gay rights and transexuals in Australia, let us deal with Iraq and Iran. If you were half the patriot you say you are you would not be such a coward and move back to the land you love so much and help make it sovereign. Until then, be quiet and let proper revolutionaries that care about Shia more than if you eat ghorme sabzi over iraqi bell pepper to identify such childish western concepts and "facts" whilst ignoring reading between the lines. This has always been middle easterns weakest mindsett. Ohh the British made Baghdad look pretty, in exchange they just take 90% of the wealth for themselves whilst people walk around and look at pretty buildings and streets and call themselves modern. 

You can twist and turn as much as you like, Shias are uniting more and more, and bordern as becoming more and more meaningless. Not even Sistani has once commented on Iranian intervention, neither should you. You can flap around like a fish out of water as much as you want. Hezbollahi militants have reached the borders of Israel, thanks to Iran, Iraq, and Syria, next up is Baqhi and Quds. It's easier just to admit that the passive attitude of the Najjafi scholars has failed, and some of them have realized it. It's a new era now, hate it or love it, you have to deal with it. 

1 hour ago, repenter said:

Meh, thats it. You yourself said if you are a resident of a country you consider them citizen. You have been born and raised in Aussie, deal with that, you aren't Iraqi according to yourself, as much as Sistani isnt Iranian. Worry about gay rights and transexuals in Australia, let us deal with Iraq and Iran. If you were half the patriot you say you are you would not be such a coward and move back to the land you love so much and help make it sovereign. Until then, be quiet and let proper revolutionaries that care about Shia more than if you eat ghorme sabzi over iraqi bell pepper to identify such childish western concepts and "facts" whilst ignoring reading between the lines.

WHAT??!! 95 percent of all you Khameini lovers on this site don't even live in Iran let alone the middle east. You guys all live in "oppressive masonic western nations." Go live in Iran and take no money from your evil western nation with you you'll be crying to go back to your nation.

Don't speak unless you know. The Iranian people don't live good lives why do you think millions protest and the government allows no free elections to show referendums? So no you go live in Iran and when you come back you'll get rid of your profile pic.

At least me and Sumerian can admit we don't live in Iraq because it's bad you'll keep praising the so called Islamic Republic even if one third to one fourth of all Iranians live in Poverty as I'm writing this.  

Edited by Forgottenthinker