Sumerian

WP: Iran's influence in Iraq is waning

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

You who is Iraqi what do you think about that? Me anyway I prefer friendship to influence. 

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

What do you people make of this article?

I do think Iran's influence over Iraq is not as it used to be. However, western media will leave no stone unturned to pit them against each other. 

I believe these countries should support each other and not be under another's influence. 

5 hours ago, alidu78 said:

You who is Iraqi what do you think about that? Me anyway I prefer friendship to influence. 

Like @Dreamcatcher said, no country should be under another's influence. Friendship is okay. 

Edited by Sumerian

7 hours ago, Sumerian said:

What do you people make of this article?

Another baseless with same copy paste text from an American biased view that calls himself speaker of Shias in Iraq .

Weird mentality that a country shouldn't be under someone elses influence. What if it's a good influence? Doesn't friendship automatically cause influence? Why can't Iraq and Iran have positive influence on each other for the better?  

3 hours ago, repenter said:

Weird mentality that a country shouldn't be under someone elses influence. What if it's a good influence? Doesn't friendship automatically cause influence? Why can't Iraq and Iran have positive influence on each other for the better?  

Because when another government influences another government, they start to do the bidding of the other government and not that of their own people. And it isn't a good influence, every political party in Iraq that has or had something to do with Iran has failed dramatically since 2003, economically and politically. Iran's allies have been accused and have been caught in corruption cases all over. You have a Shaykh who is a leader of a military group aligned to Tehran, who said if the Leader of Iran tells him to lead a coup on Baghdad he would do it. The people Iran back are the ones with the weapons and the power, and they haven't done anything notably positive since they got power.

And friendship does not cause influence which breaches sovereignty. Would any man want a friend who forces his will on his own house? 

Iraq has no influence on Iran. And even if it does, it does not compare to the influence of Iran. Because the Leader of these pro-Iran groups is in Tehran, they will always follow the command in Tehran over that of Baghdad's, like I said they went as far as to say they would do a coup if asked to. "Positive influence" more like control.

Edited by Sumerian

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

raq has no influence on Iran. And even if it does, it does not compare to the influence of Iran. Because the Leader of these pro-Iran groups is in Tehran, they will always follow the command in Tehran over that of Baghdad's, like I said they went as far as to say they would do a coup if asked to. "Positive influence" more like control.

you never get rid of this conspiracy theory.

43 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Akraam Al-Ka'abi, the leader of Al-Nujaba said if Tehran tells him to do a coup on Baghdad he would do it.

Where is the conspiracy?

you listen & watch too much to American propaganda Al-Nujaba is same as Hezbollah in Lebanon but recently American-Israeli alliance tries to defame it & simultaneity put it against Hashd as a their agenda of  bring disunity between Shia militant groups to defeats them one by one .

http://www.alnujaba.ir

http://alnujaba.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harakat_Hezbollah_al-Nujaba

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

35 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

you listen & watch too much to American propaganda Al-Nujaba is same as Hezbollah in Lebanon but recently American-Israeli alliance tries to defame it & simultaneity put it against Hashd as a their agenda of  bring disunity between Shia militant groups to defeats them one by one .

http://www.alnujaba.ir

http://alnujaba.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harakat_Hezbollah_al-Nujaba

American propaganda? He said it on Iraqi tv habibi. Has nothing to do with America.

I don't want a pro-Iran group with weapons in Iraq. Do you want a pro-Iraq group with weapons in Iran?

Leave Iraq alone please. Stay inside your borders and don't get involved in Iraq's political affairs. Iraq and Iran can be friends without influence 

4 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

American propaganda? He said it on Iraqi tv habibi. Has nothing to do with America.

there is still Baathi & American sympathizers in Iran like as Iran that we have Monarchi & American sympathizers in Iran being broadcast from Iraq or Iran doesn't mean that it is a completly nationalistic  channel althought Iraqis still fresh after fall of Saddam (la) & still some groups praise Saddam (la) & Israelis & Americans against Iran.

12 hours ago, Sumerian said:

I don't want a pro-Iran group with weapons in Iraq. Do you want a pro-Iraq group with weapons in Iran?

Leave Iraq alone please. Stay inside your borders and don't get involved in Iraq's political affairs. Iraq and Iran can be friends without influence 

:salam:

Lebanon has a pro-Iran group with weapons. They are the pride of Shias and true believers all over the world.

Who would not want a Hezbollah in his home country ?

Let alone Iraq, MSM have also been saying for 40 years that Iran is about to implode and have an imminent revolution against the Islamic system... yet we all know how 'accurate' that analysis has turned out.

MSM were also saying how Hezbollah was apparently losing support in Lebanon after getting involved in the Syrian war... yet they won most their seats in the Lebanese elections.

Its their usual feel good propoganda.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Lebanon has a pro-Iran group with weapons. They are the pride of Shias and true believers all over the world.

Who would not want a Hezbollah in his home country ?

Yea clearly Iraqis want someone who leads from Baghdad and doesn't take orders from anyone outside of Iraq to lead them. Anyone who takes orders from a foreigner or a foreign state cannot be a patriot and has breached his own country's sovereignty.

Edited by Sumerian

1 minute ago, Sumerian said:

Yea clearly Iraqis want someone who leads from Baghdad to lead them. Anyone who takes orders from a foreigner or a foreign state cannot be a patriot and has breached his own country's sovereignty.

So those who followed Seyyed Sistanis fatwa to create Hashd were not patriots?

Just now, Sumerian said:

What?

Well you said that: " Anyone who takes orders from a foreigner or a foreign state cannot be a patriot "

Seyyed Sistani is a foreigner in Iraq who gave an order that some Iraqis followed.

Just now, IbnSina said:

Well you said that: " Anyone who takes orders from a foreigner or a foreign state cannot be a patriot "

Seyyed Sistani is a foreigner in Iraq who gave an order that some Iraqis followed.

Sistani is not a foreigner, he has been living in Iraq since the 50s and is more Iraqi than most Iraqis. 

12 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Sistani is not a foreigner, he has been living in Iraq since the 50s and is more Iraqi than most Iraqis. 

You do not become an Iraqi just because you live in Iraq whether you live there 1 day or 1000 days. Seyyed Sistani is a foreigner that has lived in Iraq for many years and Iraqis followed his orders to defend their nation.

Either way:

Any major political Iranian decision has to ultimately be approved by Seyyed Khamenei. Being under the influence of Iran is being under the influence of Seyyed Khamenei which is not a material influence but a spiritual influence bringing two nation closer to each other and that much stronger against the enemies of Islam.

I do not see why that would be a bad thing. I hope the borders between Iran and Iraq will be erased one day.

A quote worth remembering:

khomeini.gif

Edited by IbnSina

1 minute ago, IbnSina said:

You do not become an Iraqi just because you live in Iraq whether you live there 1 day or 1000 days. Seyyed Sistani is a foreigner that has lived in Iraq for many years and Iraqis followed his orders to defend their nation.

Either way:

Any major political Iranian decision has to ultimately be approved by Seyyed Khamenei. Being under the influence of Iran is being under the influence of Seyyed Khamenei which is not a material influence but a spiritual influence bringing two nation closer to each other and that much stronger against the enemies of Islam.

I do not see why that would be a bad thing. I hope the borders between Iran and Iraq will be erased one day.

Yes, if you live in a country amongst the people you are not a foreigner. If Sayyed Khamenei comes and lives in Iraq right now, then he will be held in the same way. This is my personal opinion, I disagree with the current modern day methods on citzenship, I believe residence is enough to be a countryman.

And no, Sayyed Khamenei represents a foreign state. He should have no political power in Iraq, despite the complaints of the expanisionists. He has followers in Iraq and there is no issue with that, they can follow him in Salat, Sawm, Hajj and whatever else pertains to personal matters. But when it comes to politics, they have no right to implement his vision on the Iraqi people.

I don't understand why you want to expand the revolution into Iraq? Why can't Iraqis and Iranians live in two different houses in peace?