Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Carlzone

Marrying wife's aunt halal?

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, لبيك يا صاحب الزمان said:

They do answer, it just takes a few weeks till they reply.

No, usually they reply pretty quickly when they do reply. BUT normally they answer some other question that you didn't ask, copy paste text that doesn't answer your actual question or don't reply at all.

Yay. 

Can't they use just a little bit of the khums money to actually benefit the ummah by having knowledgeable people on these posts? Or is it asking for too much? (I don't know the rules for what khums money can be used for. Perhaps it's not allowed to use it for this cause?)

Edited by Carlzone

25 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

No, usually they reply pretty quickly when they do reply. BUT normally they answer some other question that you didn't ask, copy paste text that doesn't answer your actual question or don't reply at all.

Yay. 

Can't they use just a little bit of the khums money to actually benefit the ummah by having knowledgeable people on these posts? Or is it asking for too much? (I don't know the rules for what khums money can be used for. Perhaps it's not allowed to use it for this cause?)

Perhaps they are researching this weird and twisted question to give you the correct answer.

3 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Perhaps they are researching this weird and twisted question to give you the correct answer.

In that case they would have replied eventually which they don't do. They just do one of the three things I mentioned in my previous post. 

By the way, I'm asking because I heard of such a case in Iraq and I want to know of it's halal for the aunt and the man to be married while he was married to the girl first.

Edited by Carlzone

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

Yay. 

Maybe your questions violated one of the criterion for the questions they accept. You're not asking for too much, what you're asking is just a flawed question. I'm sure they have the knowledge they need for their post. However, yeah, maybe they can overall improve things to allow their distant followers a better means of communication with them.

Edited by AStruggler

11 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Maybe your questions violated one of the criterion for the questions they accept. You're not asking for too much, what you're asking is just a flawed question. I'm sure they have the knowledge they need for their post. However, yeah, maybe they can overall improve things to allow their distant followers a better means of communication with them.

What criterion are you talking about? Followers are supposed to be able to ask any questions that they need answers to. 

And I have asked many questions regarding all kinds of things so no, that is not the case. Also, I know many other folliwers who are complaining about the exact same inaccessibility. Something needs to be done to improve it. 

21 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

What criterion are you talking about? Followers are supposed to be able to ask any questions that they need answers to. 

And I have asked many questions regarding all kinds of things so no, that is not the case. Also, I know many other folliwers who are complaining about the exact same inaccessibility. Something needs to be done to improve it. 

Yeah improvements can def be made, just don't think we should be getting grumpy enough to indirectly state that they don't have sufficient knowledge for their posts though

Just now, AStruggler said:

Yeah improvements can def be made, just don't think we should be getting grumpy enough to indirectly state that they don't have sufficient knowledge for their posts though

Obviously they don't have enough knowledge since they can't and don't answer the questions. 

A knowledgeable person fulfills their mission. 

36 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

Obviously they don't have enough knowledge since they can't and don't answer the questions. 

A knowledgeable person fulfills their mission. 

What if you're the one who didn't do justice in clearly expressing your questions to them?

What if they had the knowledge, but as a normal human being they just misunderstood what you were asking at that time?

There could be many reasons...insufficient knowledge may not be the cause and probably isn't.

Edited by AStruggler

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

In that case they would have replied eventually which they don't do. They just do one of the three things I mentioned in my previous post. 

By the way, I'm asking because I heard of such a case in Iraq and I want to know of it's halal for the aunt and the man to be married while he was married to the girl first.

nothing wrong with asking sister.

But wanting to use khums for this purpose is not a very good nor knowledgeable statement to make.

1 hour ago, AStruggler said:

What if you're the one who didn't do justice in clearly expressing your questions to them?

What if they had the knowledge, but as a normal human being they just misunderstood what you were asking at that time?

There could be many reasons...insufficient knowledge may not be the cause and probably isn't.

Sure, that could happen once or twice. Not 20 times. And not with multiple people. 

If you're not willing to criticise problems in the ummah then you are a part of the problem. The ummah cannot develop unless we adress problems. And not having access to your marja3s knowledge is a HUGE problem. 

If people turn to their marja3s for guidance and don't get answers and end up doing haram because of the lack of guidance don't you think those people are to blame? They have a responsibility to serve the ummah. If they can't do their job the should remove themselves from their posts and let more knowledgeable people do that job. That's just common sense. 

52 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

nothing wrong with asking sister.

But wanting to use khums for this purpose is not a very good nor knowledgeable statement to make.

I did state that I don't know if it's allowed to use khums for this purpose, but if it is, why shouldn't they? 

Also, they need to make a database with all questions and answers they have received/answered (even the tricky and unusual ones) so that they don't have to research the same question twice and so that followers can look up the answers themselves. 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, Carlzone said:

Salam aleykom, 

It's not halal for a man to marry two sisters at the same time. But is it halal for a man to marry his wife's aunt at the same time he's married to her?

NOT if there is a blood relationship. Mother's sister is haram, at anytime. Here, this sister is the same as mother.

Father's sister depends on local custom.

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

Ok. Do you have any source for that?

Did some looking. Evidently it is a Shi'a permissibility.

One reference, http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2017/01/12/wifes-aunt-mahram/ , says it is not permissible.

Two references say t is:  https://www.shareyouressays.com/knowledge/what-are-the-prohibited-relationships-under-muslim-law/117676 ; and Ayatollah Saeed Al-Hakeem says it is permissible with a restriction(permission): http://www.alhakeem.com/en/questions/916

1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

Inshallah one day everyone can accept God's religion the way it is, and give our marjas the respect they deserve. 

Yeah, especially with regards to mutah, right? :thankyou:

On 11/11/2018 at 12:13 AM, Carlzone said:

Salam aleykom, 

It's not halal for a man to marry two sisters at the same time. But is it halal for a man to marry his wife's aunt at the same time he's married to her?

Salam .it's not halal ,it is same as marry two sisters at same time

If a person marries witha woman for herself, although she does not approach her, the mother and mother of her mother and mother of her father go up to that guy are Mahram

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5602070/زنانی-که-ازدواج-با-آن‌ها-حرام-است

It is forbidden to marry women who are Mahram, such as mother and sister and daughter and aunt, aunt, daughter of brother and daughter of sister and mother in law.

http://saafi.com/book/1903

10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam .it's not halal ,it is same as marry two sisters at same time

If a person marries witha woman for herself, although she does not approach her, the mother and mother of her mother and mother of her father go up to that guy are Mahram

https://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5602070/زنانی-که-ازدواج-با-آن‌ها-حرام-است

It is forbidden to marry women who are Mahram, such as mother and sister and daughter and aunt, aunt, daughter of brother and daughter of sister and mother in law.

http://saafi.com/book/1903

Oooh so these people are doing haram...

Thank you very much for your help! :)

On 11/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, Carlzone said:

Apologize for bring this back, I forgot to include this in my reply earlier. So in case you don't know, this the criteria I was talking about, http://www.sistani.org/english/send-question/

Edited by AStruggler

9 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

What are the others? At least tell us five more please

l am a good shot. Never slugged my wife. Have a good driving record. Pay bills. And l am usually kind to animals.

:ranting:"Satisfied Now?"

Edited by hasanhh