Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Forgottenthinker

The only time Iraq was ever had stability

Rate this topic

After Iraq was declared independent due to agreement by the League of nations and Britain in 1932 the British put a Sunni Hashemite monarchy (the same that rules Jordan) into place which ruled all the way until 1958 in which an overthrow happened. Despite the Monarchy being Sunni unlike Saddam's Sunni regime it wasn't sectarian or racist to Kurds. The economy was great and the country was one of the best Asian countries to live in at the time. It's been said even people from Syria and Egypt came to marvel at Baghdad's looks and achievements at the time, albeit this was due to Iraq's oil wealth. Also Basra a city now a days infamous for very unclean water during the monarchy was visited by so many tourists for it's unique beauty it was nicknamed "Venice of the East." The problem was the monarchy was a British puppet so a guy named Abdul Kareem Qassim overthrew it making Iraq a republic. But the problem is he didn't know how to run a country so he was overthrown causing the coups that lead to the donkey Saddam.

I'm not saying I want a British monarchy puppet again as I as a Iraqi want a democratic independent Iraq but if we knew what would happen after Qassim overthrew the monarchy we would've kept the monarchy proudly. We went from a near first world nation to a nation with 20-25 percent poverty rate and were ruled by one of the most brutal dictators in modern history. Was it worth it? No. But Iraq nowadays is a free democratic nation so hope is still there.

Marvel at Iraq when it was actually a nation worth being proud of

Basra

Image result for basra 1950s

Image result for basra 1950s

Baghdad

Image result for baghdad 1950s

Mosul

Image result for mosul 1940s

2 hours ago, Forgottenthinker said:

Marvel at Iraq when it was actually a nation worth being proud of

There's a million reasons to be proud of Iraq. 

Have you been to all of our imams and holy places in Iraq?

Have you ever witnessed Iraqis during the mashaya and Arbaeen and the service they offer to foreigners? How they let them into their private homes, feed them, wash their clothes, offer them everything they have for free? After all wars, poverty and thulm they are still standing and serving our imams. MashaAllah on all of them! Wallahi rafa3to rasna! :respect: I've  been here almost a month now touring all of our holy sites. And I have never been prouder as an Iraqi. (As if that is even possible as proud as I already am).

Edited by Carlzone

@Forgottenthinker personally if we want stability, then this monarchy was the best thing ever. If the monarchy ruled till today, Iraq would likely be similar to the UAE or Kuwait or Qatar in terms of economic success and stability. But remember, even after the monarchy there was economic growth. It wasn't until the Iran-Iraq war where everything went downhill.