Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
abdulhamid

Who or what do you invoke during sudden danger.

Rate this topic

I find it really interesting to see what people invoke when they are suddenly met with danger and have no time to think about it. E.g. almost have a car crash. I have observed close friends and relatives, and I present you some results.

My son invokes "Ya Ali" (good solid choice)

My wife invokes "Ya Imam Zaman" (good choice too)

My mother invokes "Ya Amirul Momineen" (see above)

I'm not so clever as these members of my family. Since in an emergency, I find myself screaming "Astaghfurullah"

What about you all?

I thank and glorify Allāh first and foremost that He finds me worthy of testing me, and chant “Ya hayyu ya qayyum birahmataka astaghith” (Oh ever living, Oh all sustaining, by your mercy I cry for help)

Then I turn to his loved ones as a waseelah -

Ya rasul Allāh, ya habeeb Allāh, ya rahmat al 3alameen, atawajahu ilayk bi maqamaka al mahmuda an... (O messenger of Allah, oh the beloved of Allāh, oh the mercy (sent to) the worlds, I turn to you by your praiseworthy position (with Allāh) so that you .... (what I want)

Ya saheb al saman, id3iy ila Allāh ta3ala yirzikni bi rahmatahu, bi abi anta wa ummiy ya Baqiyyat Allāh fi ardha (‘O Master of the era (Mahdi), pray to Allāh the exalted to sustain me with His mercy, May my father and mother be sacrificed for you ‘o the remnant of Allāh on His earth)

Once an Iranian friend of mine had this discussion with me about calling upon Ali for help in times of trouble. At the end of the spoken discussion he got so frustrated that he actually said (in German) : "I hope that you get in real trouble and then are forced to call upon him". 

I thought that was kind of mean, but I forgave him for that. Sad that people don't find calling Allah for help as enough. It works for me alhamdulilah, and I've been in a lot of trouble in my almost 40 years of living in this body. 

I generally call an SC mod. ( feeling like deja vou? - no it isn't - I wrote the same response to the same kind of post previously. )

2 hours ago, realizm said:

Please people, post here how you invoke other than Allah, from Um al Banin to Zuljenah, so takfiri forums can laugh at us.

Fools laugh at everyone apart from themselves. Generally it is intended to hide their own flaws and distract the dummies to follow their creed. Status and prestige is a general requirement for those who cannot be alone with their own egos. Their egos are far superior to their intellect and it is their commanding edifice.

Edited by monad

3 hours ago, realizm said:

Please people, post here how you invoke other than Allah, from Um al Banin to Zuljenah, so takfiri forums can laugh at us.

Takfiris will laugh at everything, the way you do Matam, cry on Imam Hussain (a.s.), pray, breathe, etc. We're not here to please others. 

7 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Takfiris will laugh at everything, the way you do Matam, cry on Imam Hussain (a.s.), pray, breathe, etc. We're not here to please others. 

Let us just be careful not to fall into the same trap of making takfir against the takfiris. It happens so easily on Shiachat. The same goes for mocking, bullying, etc. 

18 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

Let us just be careful not to fall into the same trap of making takfir against the takfiris. It happens so easily on Shiachat.

It is not happening here at the moment amd hopefully it won't. 

3 hours ago, monad said:

I generally call an SC mod. ( feeling like deja vou? - no it isn't - I wrote the same response to the same kind of post previously. )

Fools laugh at everyone apart from themselves. Generally it is intended to hide their own flaws and distract the dummies to follow their creed. Status and prestige is a general requirement for those who cannot be alone with their own egos. Their egos are far superior to their intellect and it is their commanding edifice.

2 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

:salam:

A recurring theme at SC is how verses of the Fatiha are not practiced by shias, like 'Iyyaka nasta`in'.

So before escalading that much I thought I would bring a touch of irony. Shouldn't have obviously.