Rate this topic

A 69-year-old Dutch “positivity guru” who says he does not feel his age has started a battle to make himself legally 20 years younger on the grounds that he is being discriminated against on a dating app.

Emile Ratelband told a court in Arnhem in the Netherlands that he did not feel “comfortable” with his date of birth, and compared his wish to alter it to people who identified as transgender.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/dutch-man-69-starts-legal-fight-to-identify-as-20-years-younger

My doctor refused to give me free treatment for a cyst.

I complained to my family that had I self-identified as female I'd like have gotten the far more expensive gender reassignment surgery free of charge. 

Then a thought struck me.

If I self-identify as female, does that make my wife a lesbian?

A young, 'progressive' mom with a liberal arts degree decided that her infant son is 'gender-fluid' because he picked up a barbie doll at the garage sale.

I sometimes feel that I am also 'age-fluid'. My age is anywhere between 5 to 35. Age is not a monolith. It's a whole spectrum.Those who believe otherwise are regressive folks believing in age -stereotypes.

*wink*!:shifty:

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

Wow!!! This opens up a whole new range of options that I never knew existed!!! 

Okay for tomorrow I plan to be a non binary gender fluid pansexual :woot: 

PS: Please don't ask me what the above means,I have no idea.

1 minute ago, starlight said:

Are you sure we won’t find you in a ditch tomorrow for being too progressive? God save us monkey brains 

7 minutes ago, starlight said:

It’s a sarcastic joke lol I’m saying you’re way too ahead of us but being being sarcastic of folks who actually think they’re being progressive 

8 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

God save us monkey brains 

Are you from those old times when they referred to 'cis gender hetronormative males' as straight men? Tsk...Tsk. .. 

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

Are you from those old times when they referred to 'cis gender hetronormative males' as straight men? Tsk...Tsk. .. 

God that ‘CiS GEndErED’ heteronormative bit always gets me because they’re like a broken record. And they never stop saying it lol.  Yeah I’m pretty ancient

The Western (generally American, as they usually influence what everyone else is doing) Left-Wing went passed the borders of tolerance and acceptance into absurdity a long time ago. 

If they kept it at GBT (Gay, Bi and Trans), they wouldn't get so much flack from the internet. 

I think we should just refuse to accept any more letters added to the string and more classifications, and we should work to get rid of so many. Instead of LGBTQ+++ (or whatever it is nowadays) we should just call everyone who isn't "straight" for whatever reason, "wonky".

Do we really need a special label for trans-bi-gender-fluid? Wouldn't they just be a person who dresses funny, and doesn't fit gender stereotypes?

21 minutes ago, notme said:

I think we should just refuse to accept any more letters added to the string and more classifications, and we should work to get rid of so many. Instead of LGBTQ+++ (or whatever it is nowadays) we should just call everyone who isn't "straight" for whatever reason, "wonky".

Do we really need a special label for trans-bi-gender-fluid? Wouldn't they just be a person who dresses funny, and doesn't fit gender stereotypes?

Well there is already a word for them- deviants 

16 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Well there is already a word for them- deviants 

Ok that works too. My point was that we need fewer words.

Edited by notme

4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

It means you are an Androgynous being who can be either male or female and is attracted to all forms of love and sex (Gay, straight, bestiality, objectophilia, pedophilia, etc.)

Yeeeuchh!! 

Thanks for breaking it down for me.

I choose to stay cis gendered female heroine of my children's lives :D

35 minutes ago, notme said:

Ok that works too. My point was that we need fewer words.

Yeah they’ll use the whole alphabet if this keeps going. And make it a crime if we dont oblige. It’s a matter of time before they use windings :mod:

Edited by Ralvi

All this lettering and shortforms and what not is grossly exaggerated by the media. Hollywood for some odd reason loves pushing this agenda.

Statistically, if you look at the actual people who identify as LGBTQ in the US (and whatever else letter is added daily to the end of this) then the % is quite low...less than 4% of the population of the US. However, like I mentioned thanks to Hollywood the amount of media coverage that this group gets in totally disproportionate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

43 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

LGBTPQR is a reality and just around the corner.

P for Pedophiles ("Its ok if they consent" "Brains wired for orientation" "Do it for science")

R for Rapists ("Brains wired that way, remember? So.." (tough))

Idk whether to find that amusing or disturbing (because it's probably actually going to happen). 

On 11/9/2018 at 9:18 PM, 2Timeless said:

Idk whether to find that amusing or disturbing (because it's probably actually going to happen). 

I don't think such a thing is going to happen. No father or mother is going to tolerate any Pedophiles.

2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

I don't think such a thing is going to happen. No father or mother is going to tolerate any Pedophiles.

I strongly disagree.

There are currently mothers and fathers advocating that parents walk naked in front of their children as if it's normal, as well as have sex in the presence of their children.

2 hours ago, dragonxx said:

There are currently mothers and fathers advocating that parents walk naked in front of their children as if it's normal, as well as have sex in the presence of their children.

Islam has a clear set of rules about personal privacy. The logic seems to be that such privacy is associated with sex.

Other cultures have broken that link. So someone can be half-naked (or even fully so) in front of someone else and there is (supposedly) no sexual connotation. Indeed if the other person thinks that there is, they are the ones at fault.

It's argued within these cultures that such behaviour denotes a 'higher level' of human existence and cultures such as Muslim ones, which advocate covering up and segregation are antediluvian.

Personally, I think biology is on the side of Islam