Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Quote

A 69-year-old Dutch “positivity guru” who says he does not feel his age has started a battle to make himself legally 20 years younger on the grounds that he is being discriminated against on a dating app.

Emile Ratelband told a court in Arnhem in the Netherlands that he did not feel “comfortable” with his date of birth, and compared his wish to alter it to people who identified as transgender.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/dutch-man-69-starts-legal-fight-to-identify-as-20-years-younger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My doctor refused to give me free treatment for a cyst.

I complained to my family that had I self-identified as female I'd like have gotten the far more expensive gender reassignment surgery free of charge. 

Then a thought struck me.

If I self-identify as female, does that make my wife a lesbian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A young, 'progressive' mom with a liberal arts degree decided that her infant son is 'gender-fluid' because he picked up a barbie doll at the garage sale.

I sometimes feel that I am also 'age-fluid'. My age is anywhere between 5 to 35. Age is not a monolith. It's a whole spectrum.Those who believe otherwise are regressive folks believing in age -stereotypes.

*wink*!:shifty:

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!!! This opens up a whole new range of options that I never knew existed!!! 

Okay for tomorrow I plan to be a non binary gender fluid pansexual :woot: 

PS: Please don't ask me what the above means,I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, starlight said:

Wow!!! This opens up a whole new range of options that I never knew existed!!! 

Okay for tomorrow I plan to be a non binary gender fluid pansexual :woot: 

PS: Please don't ask me what the above means,I have no idea.

Are you sure we won’t find you in a ditch tomorrow for being too progressive? God save us monkey brains 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, starlight said:

Wow!!! This opens up a whole new range of options that I never knew existed!!! 

Okay for tomorrow I plan to be a non binary gender fluid pansexual :woot: 

PS: Please don't ask me what the above means,I have no idea.

It’s a sarcastic joke lol I’m saying you’re way too ahead of us but being being sarcastic of folks who actually think they’re being progressive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

God save us monkey brains 

Are you from those old times when they referred to 'cis gender hetronormative males' as straight men? Tsk...Tsk. .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, starlight said:

Are you from those old times when they referred to 'cis gender hetronormative males' as straight men? Tsk...Tsk. .. 

God that ‘CiS GEndErED’ heteronormative bit always gets me because they’re like a broken record. And they never stop saying it lol.  Yeah I’m pretty ancient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Western (generally American, as they usually influence what everyone else is doing) Left-Wing went passed the borders of tolerance and acceptance into absurdity a long time ago. 

If they kept it at GBT (Gay, Bi and Trans), they wouldn't get so much flack from the internet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should just refuse to accept any more letters added to the string and more classifications, and we should work to get rid of so many. Instead of LGBTQ+++ (or whatever it is nowadays) we should just call everyone who isn't "straight" for whatever reason, "wonky".

Do we really need a special label for trans-bi-gender-fluid? Wouldn't they just be a person who dresses funny, and doesn't fit gender stereotypes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, notme said:

I think we should just refuse to accept any more letters added to the string and more classifications, and we should work to get rid of so many. Instead of LGBTQ+++ (or whatever it is nowadays) we should just call everyone who isn't "straight" for whatever reason, "wonky".

Do we really need a special label for trans-bi-gender-fluid? Wouldn't they just be a person who dresses funny, and doesn't fit gender stereotypes?

Well there is already a word for them- deviants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Well there is already a word for them- deviants 

Ok that works too. My point was that we need fewer words.

Edited by notme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

It means you are an Androgynous being who can be either male or female and is attracted to all forms of love and sex (Gay, straight, bestiality, objectophilia, pedophilia, etc.)

Yeeeuchh!! 

Thanks for breaking it down for me.

I choose to stay cis gendered female heroine of my children's lives :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, notme said:

Ok that works too. My point was that we need fewer words.

Yeah they’ll use the whole alphabet if this keeps going. And make it a crime if we dont oblige. It’s a matter of time before they use windings :mod:

Edited by Ralvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this lettering and shortforms and what not is grossly exaggerated by the media. Hollywood for some odd reason loves pushing this agenda.

Statistically, if you look at the actual people who identify as LGBTQ in the US (and whatever else letter is added daily to the end of this) then the % is quite low...less than 4% of the population of the US. However, like I mentioned thanks to Hollywood the amount of media coverage that this group gets in totally disproportionate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

LGBTPQR is a reality and just around the corner.

P for Pedophiles ("Its ok if they consent" "Brains wired for orientation" "Do it for science")

R for Rapists ("Brains wired that way, remember? So.." (tough))

Idk whether to find that amusing or disturbing (because it's probably actually going to happen). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 9:18 PM, 2Timeless said:

Idk whether to find that amusing or disturbing (because it's probably actually going to happen). 

I don't think such a thing is going to happen. No father or mother is going to tolerate any Pedophiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

I don't think such a thing is going to happen. No father or mother is going to tolerate any Pedophiles.

I strongly disagree.

There are currently mothers and fathers advocating that parents walk naked in front of their children as if it's normal, as well as have sex in the presence of their children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dragonxx said:

There are currently mothers and fathers advocating that parents walk naked in front of their children as if it's normal, as well as have sex in the presence of their children.

Islam has a clear set of rules about personal privacy. The logic seems to be that such privacy is associated with sex.

Other cultures have broken that link. So someone can be half-naked (or even fully so) in front of someone else and there is (supposedly) no sexual connotation. Indeed if the other person thinks that there is, they are the ones at fault.

It's argued within these cultures that such behaviour denotes a 'higher level' of human existence and cultures such as Muslim ones, which advocate covering up and segregation are antediluvian.

Personally, I think biology is on the side of Islam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dragonxx said:

I strongly disagree.

There are currently mothers and fathers advocating that parents walk naked in front of their children as if it's normal, as well as have sex in the presence of their children.

I don't think that such things as pedophilia could be accepted in the short or long term even in mushrik places because this is a very taboo topic to talk about having sex with children. What could happen and even already happening is the sexualization of young children who want to look like the "glamorous celebrities" they see on media. There is nowadays the notion of sexual relations between consent adults. That could however led toother disgusting relations. Like for exemple incestuous sexual relations. Between some parents and their children for exemple. And by children I mean their sons and/or daughters who are considered "mature". Because with this logic saying "we must allow sexual relations between  adults" why not allowing for exemple a son to have gay sex with his father of both are mature.... Or even more worst.... 

I honnestly already saw such people advocating such disgusting things. Very few for sure. But do they will  always be a minority? I am really not so sure about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alidu78 said:

I don't think that such things as pedophilia could be accepted in the short or long term even in mushrik places because this is a very taboo topic to talk about having sex with children. What could happen and even already happening is the sexualization of young children who want to look like the "glamorous celebrities" they see on media. There is nowadays the notion of sexual relations between consent adults. That could however led toother disgusting relations. Like for exemple incestuous sexual relations. Between some parents and their children for exemple. And by children I mean their sons and/or daughters who are considered "mature". Because with this logic saying "we must allow sexual relations between  adults" why not allowing for exemple a son to have gay sex with his father of both are mature.... Or even more worst.... 

 

Just because it's taboo, it doesn't matter. It was just literally 100 years ago that even in europe and the west homosexuals were hunted down and killed for their sexual practices.

Being 'taboo' is a moot argument because there are 100s of things that were once taboo and yet here we are.

And like I said there are groups of parents who want their children to be exposed to sex, their sex no less, so that they "mature", so it's not really so taboo anyway in this day and age. Yes it's a minority group, but the problem is the minority group having their practices accepted in society, as that will encourage more people to "experiment".

Also right now, the age where it would be considered pedophilia for an elderly person to engage in intercourse is children below 18 years of age, who's to say that age won't change? You don't think some 15 year old know-it-all will come out and state his/her love for an older person and the 'age' for pedophilia will be pushed lower and lower?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Klanky said:

Am I mistaken in thinking that Islam is, in general, more liberal than "the west" in terms of when a person is old enough for sex?

Define "liberal". 

Historically, societies considered a person old enough for sex when they were old enough for marriage. Historically, marriage age was much lower than it is now. One could say it is conservative to consider a 14 year old old enough for marriage and sex and liberal to insist that marriage must wait until age 18 or more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, notme said:

Define "liberal". 

Historically, societies considered a person old enough for sex when they were old enough for marriage. Historically, marriage age was much lower than it is now. One could say it is conservative to consider a 14 year old old enough for marriage and sex and liberal to insist that marriage must wait until age 18 or more. 

You could define it however you like, I suppose. It seems to me that the word liberal, in a sexual context, usually suggests a relatively permissive attitude as opposed to a restrictive conservative attitude. Islam, with regard to age and sex at least, seems more permissive than the prevailing secularism of the west.

Edited by Klanky
There was a comma there I didn't like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 1:16 AM, notme said:

I think we should just refuse to accept any more letters added to the string and more classifications, and we should work to get rid of so many. Instead of LGBTQ+++ (or whatever it is nowadays) we should just call everyone who isn't "straight" for whatever reason, "wonky".

Do we really need a special label for trans-bi-gender-fluid? Wouldn't they just be a person who dresses funny, and doesn't fit gender stereotypes?

There is already a word: Queer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bakir said:

Because it's the sum of many minorities, though it is essentially LGBT (which are the most politically active and numerous group). Historically, LGBT have found in minorities association the required power to change things. When it comes to wording, queer is ok.

Understanding the problems queer people face do help in understanding why all these groups and words have appeared, and why they have become necessary. When you are different, and you suffer from it, you may find some comfort in finding a word to describe you and others, and make you realize you are not alone. After finding support and love, you don't need words anymore.

Indeed, many LGBT people don't feel comfortable with etiquettes altogether. They have been necessary for political pressure, but these acronims aren't necessary for our lives in the long run. Most of us end up ignoring them.

If I had to give my own personal impression, the word "gay" has helped me much more than both my parents in all the struggles and confusion I have faced with my own sexuality. I may not need it today, but 13yo Bakir in fact realized he was not alone because of it, and could find help and information because there was a word to describe people in his situation, a word that didn't make him feel like garbage, such as "deviant".

You do know how homosexuality or any warped sense of sexuality is viewed in Islam right? 

We will not argue that this is acceptable right? 

We will not argue the enjoining of good and the forbidding of evil right?

it is deviancy, Iam sorry if that hurts your feelings. But this cannot be compromised 

Edited by Ralvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...