Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ali_fatheroforphans

Importance of who we seek our knowledge from

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I've been thinking about this lately, that it's so important what scholar we get our knowledge from. Unfortunately some youth crave knowledge and they try to seek knowledge from literally anyone without looking into their akhlaq, knowledge etc.

I've noticed that some scholars or sheikhs make me more close-minded and as a result I see everything as black and white. Whereas some scholars remind me of God, help me attain taqwa, and make me open-minded. This is something which is hard to describe, but some just don't give off good vibes.

I don't wanna mention any names but even reading the books of some scholars who were known for their taqwa, has had an effect on me. I feel closer to God as a result.

Knowledge is pure light, I would rather seek it from those whose hearts this light had reached.

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

جَزَاكَ اللّهُ خيراً كثيراً for sharing this awakening post.

Finally there is somebody who feels this and has come up on shiachat to share it.

Ali, I agree with you completely in it as indeed there are a lot of corrupt scholars and preachers unfortunately in these days.

Over the time, Ali, I have seen many people just following blindly not using their intellect for once to understand what the scholar or preacher might be saying is incorrect

Moula Ali(as) on the other hand in Nehj Ul Balagha says 'Blind Taqleed is kufr'.

A wise man said that if you want to misguide people then wear the dress of religion.

And this is unfortunately in both the major sections of Islam (Shia and Sunni).

A sign of Zahoor as it is said that in the end time people will sleep as a believer and wake up as a disbeliever and also that in the end time just right before his Zahoor the believers will just be very very less.

I pray for the Zahoor of Qaim(asws) e Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) to hasten.

Aameen ya Rub ul alameen.

And yes absolutely right some scholars make you close minded in such a way that following the religions becomes extremely tough where as others broaden your thought process which I agree with.

Completely agreed.

@Asghar Ali Karbalai ameen ya rabb al 'alameen to your du'aa

I pray the time is soon and near where Imam al-Qa'im (ajtfs) will come to establish truth entirely, and rip up falsehood completely, leaving no trace of it, and expose the insincere, and help the oppressed and lonely.

Allahuma `ajal liwaleyak al faraj :cry:

Edited by Husayni
Grammatical errors