Raheel Yunus

What is the mission of a Prophet?

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Why Allah sent prophets to this world ? What is the mission of prophets, to spread the message of Allah (truth) or to create an Islamic empire?  

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Nice Question.

Brother Raheel

Allah sent Prophets(ASWS) on this earth for 3 basic reasons to people.

1. To do 'ibadah' of Allah ONLY.

2. So that people do not create mischief on earth by alerting them about the accursed 'Iblees' and how he misguides human beings.

3. So that people can have 'Ilm' and therefore they can benefit from it to live a good life in this world and hereafter.

The duties of Prophet(asws) in general also was to ensure that above tasks were fulfilled.

And ofcourse by performing these duties an Islamic State would be established automatically.

Instead of using 'or' in your question you should have added 'and' because brother spreading the message of Allah is interlinked to establishing an Islamic State.

FI AMAN Allah.

Very useful Question by you.

22 minutes ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Why Allah sent prophets to this world ? What is the mission of prophets, to spread the message of Allah (truth) or to create an Islamic empire?  

:bismillah:
Surah Al-Hadid, Verse 25:
لَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلَنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَنزَلْنَا مَعَهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْمِيزَانَ لِيَقُومَ النَّاسُ بِالْقِسْطِ

Certainly We sent Our apostles with clear arguments, and sent down with them the Book and the balance that men may conduct themselves with equity;
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Jumua, Verse 2:
هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُوا مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلَالٍ مُّبِينٍ

He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,
(English - Shakir)

1. To worship Allah swt, the God with 99 Sublime Names.  The approved methods of worship  were taught. 

2.  To make humans to understand, respect and love each others. The approved methods were taught.

Allahs has sent down Holy Books to give humans the required Laws, Code of Practices, and Guidelines.  Humans are equipped with receptive  human nature (aql, conscious and heart) in order to be guided. 

Allah swt will not leave human beings without a Guide to uphold the above 2 statements at any time until the final hour.  

Layman

Asalaamun aleikum,

You know, i had a similar question come up last night. I was watching this video and despite it not beong totally accurate in the sense that it only takes into account the religious identity countries identify themselves as, as opposed to including  the religious minorities, in some manner, it got me  thinking about how Islam spread, AFTER the death of our Prophet, and from the beginning of khalifat. Honestly, i dont have the capacity to remember everything ive read regarding this subject, nor what happened right before these wars that may have somehow merited invasion, so i cant quote anything exact,all that i can say is that my understanding of it is that it switched frome:

“Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.” – The Holy Quran 16:125

...to acquiring land and creating an empire instead. It would be great if others on this site could chime in with info on what happened prior to these events that led to the conquering of other lands. To the best of my knowledge, all the battles fought durring the Prophets(SAWS) life were defensive, not offensive, nor were they with the sole intent to acquire more land.

Thanks, and heres the video i watched.

W/s

What was the purpose of coming of Allah's Prophet?

The Prophet came to take the human beings to the zenith of humanity; he came to endow people with Allah's virtues; he came to push the morals to perfection and according to the tradition2:

اِنِّي بُعِثْتُ لِاُتَمِّمَ مَکٰارِمَ الْاَخْلاٰقِ

The Prophet came to build up people. He came to develop and enhance this creation called human being.

Now what is to be seen is the methods the Prophet employs to build up people; what means he exploits and how he develops people.

• Does he establish a school (madressa)?

• Does he set up an institution of philosophy?

• Does he build a monastery and a place of worship?

The Prophet sets up a factory for manufacturing human beings. He prefers that even if it takes ten or twenty years, a plant should be built that automatically produces perfect human beings to his liking.

So to produce such humans the Prophet uses the human-building factory and this factory is the Islamic society and system. This is the basic point that will be the focus of our discussion.

Everyone says that the Prophet wants to make humans. They all say that the Prophet came to educate and train and they fully understand it.

However, what needs to be carefully understood is that the Prophet did not take every individual by his hand to a corner and sing songs of Allah's love. The prophets did not set up institutions of knowledge and philosophy to train a few pupils and then sent them to the far corners of the earth to guide people.

The work of the Prophet was much more robust and deep. He establishes a factory that only produces humans and that factory is the "Islamic Society".

https://www.al-islam.org/wilayat-guardianship-ayatullah-sayyid-ali-khamenei/speech-1-basic-understanding-wilayat-guardianship#what-was-purpose-coming-allahs-prophet

Well in Islam (as for other religions, there may be a different answer) the commonality seems to be:

1. The transcendent oneness of God (Allah)

2. The unification of a culture and diverting themselves towards a better and more unified culture

But looking at each prophet will render much different circumstances and results, due to many factors (Isa pbuh didn't get as great of a welcome as Moses pbuh for instance, but their missions where different)

7 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Says it in the Qur'an, plainly and simply.

To deliver the message. Nothing more. They are but mere men and not but an adviser/warner over us. Not a guardian.

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ {55}

[Pickthal 5:55] Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer).

رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولًا مِنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ {129}

[Shakir 2:129] Our Lord! and raise up in them a Messenger from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.
[Pickthal 2:129] Our Lord! And raise up in their midst a messenger from among them who shall recite unto them Thy revelations, and shall instruct them in the Scripture and in wisdom and shall make them grow. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, Wise.
[Yusufali 2:129] "Our Lord! send amongst them a Messenger of their own, who shall rehearse Thy Signs to them and instruct them in scripture and wisdom, and sanctify them: For Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

9 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.” – The Holy Quran 16:125

Salam,

I was searching for this ayah because i told one of my friend that if you want to attract people of other faith to Islam you have to do it by intelligent invitation.

Thank you

10 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

Most of my brothers (sisters) saying that purpose of a prophet is to spread the Islam (truth) not to create an empire.
But than what about the divine rules, i am living in a country where i have to abide by man made rules (democracy and constitution).
Here for example homosexuality, zina is not a crime. Marriage,Divorce,inheritance rule are different. Taxation system is different.
I mean to say that to live by sharia there should be an Islamic state or empire where we live by divine rules mentioned in Quran.

Or

Whatever is the rule of land where we live we have to follow the Quranic rules without creating fitna in that country.

19 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

To create a universal system based on the divine Laws that is Islam and that includes government laws and regulations too. Islam encompasses all spheres of life.

Edited by Juma Khan