wolverine

#47 Are your Friends Mostly Shia or non-Shia?

Poll #47  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Your friends in real life are mostly...

• Shia
    • non-Shia
    • I'm a loner. I have no friends.

I have mostly non-Muslim friends since they are more accepting of me than cliquey Shias. 

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

I'm surprised by the results. I would think more people would have mostly Shia friends. 

Depends on where you live. I have only met very few Shia who have lived near me, and not all of them have any interests in common with me. 

Christians, Atheists and Mormans are all in my friend circle. When we discuss our religions we actually enjoy learning of someone else's perspective and view of life including those of my friends who doubt the existence of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى 

:respect:

:bismillah:

:salam:

I'm very much an introvert and even though I'm a revert to Islam, I have almost no non-Muslim close friends. Of course, I know lots of non-Muslims but they aren't my close friends. I have few close Muslim friends and all of them are Shi'ahs (I know lots of Shi'ahs though but against they aren't super close to me to be considered best friends). I don't know any Sunnis personally as I've never gone anywhere to befriend or meet any. I've only gone to Shi'ah mosques and husayniyahs and of course, living here in Qom, I only interact with Shi'ahs.

Its complicated for me.

I be friends with people only if I get benefits

There is a gang ( non Shia) with whom I play,watch football and travel to different cities supporting my team but it's only limited to that.

I have a small circle of Shia friends whom I meet during weekend Qur'an or Nahjul Balgah classes or some social work.

Outside that I have no friends. I actually have no real friends in my college despite this being my 4th year. 

Well, in the present day I don't have many friends (cause it's not something I actively seek out - as more of the study-type) but in the past, due to the country I live in, it's unsurprising that many of my friends in the past have been Christians and Atheists. The diversity over here isn't that impressive. 

Back when I was at university, I lived with a bunch of Christians and had some part-friends that where Hindu and Buddhist. I've worked (at supermarkets and such) with Sunni's and Sikh's but my current lifestyle is in the company of books :eat:

Then when the time comes, I'll be living in another environment again around different people; hopefully some Shi'i to converse with! 

IRL I have no friends. To me there is a difference between establishing a Friendly Relationship and a Peaceful Relationship with someone regardless of their beliefs/race/creed/religion or their enmity/peaceful disposition towards me.

When having a Peaceful Relationship with someone it doesn't necessarily mean you're friends with that someone. You could make peace with your enemies and that counts as having a Peaceful relationship with that enemy. But your enemy shall remain as your enemy to the bitter end. I just chose to make peace with my enemy so we both go our separate ways through compromises in order to not succumb to violence against them. Overall, I can make peaceful relationships towards my allies and my enemies if they desire peace.

When having a Friendly Relationship with someone, this is a special bond between 2 or more individuals who share common grounds amongst each other even if they are radically different from each other in terms of their beliefs/race/creed/religion. So, the bond becomes sacred and irreplaceable.

It just occurred to me that the holy Prophet (pbuh), Janab e Ameer ul Momineen (as), Imam Hussayn (as), in fact all of them had only Shia friends even if they were few in numbers. Only 9 outsiders were in the funeral of the Prophet, only 4 obeyed the Ameer when he asked for 40, and less than 50 non Hashimi were at Kerbala with Al-Hussain.

That is the reality of friends. Today I have very few friends (three) and they are Shia and relatives. We can lend money to each other. Lend books and other items and do favors -while knowing- that they will not be lost. We can depend on each other. We can rely on each other's advice knowing they are in our best interests. In my book, that is friendship.

Otherwise I have a legion of "friends". "Hi, bye, lets meet, look what I've got, don't ask, told you so, good riddance". But they are not really friends imho. They are like cheap ammo, they might work or they might let you down in a big way when you were depending on them. Unreliable.

Whenever I am assessing a friendly person I can't help but notice that they always obey this hadith that says: "How can a person care about you, a creature, when you see them that they do not care about their Creator?" It means that a person who ignores their duty to Allah will probably ignore their duty to you. A few will escape this rule at some point in their lives and its because there is something else driving them.

Edited by Darth Vader

Wife and Childhood school friends sunni

Office colleagues were Hindus and atheists

Had a love affair with a Christian and Hindu (love, not physical satisfaction for those who might think)

Tell me about it? :yahoo:

Still a shia alhamdulilah.

My passport does not allow me to go to Israel so lol cant make a friend among them.

1 minute ago, Ruqaya101 said:

tell me about this?

His name is Samawal Abdul Wahab from Sudan, Born (I guess in UAE) and brought up in UAE, Living in UAE (that follows saudia and saudia being full of wahabism) he became a wahabi too.

We used to sit beside each other at work and therefore developed a good friendship and because of our similar nature (of keeping things straight and simple).

I learnt from him some arabic grammar and he learnt from me work techniques.

A good man overall he is, not a munafiq to be honest and that's what I liked about him the most. A 'real' deal that guy is, honest man. I hate lies and liars and this guy is honest so we had a good time together for some years.

He is now in sudan ever since his father got retirement from UAE Police, lol @Ruqaya101 at one time even I was planning on joining UAE Police but I do not have good command in written Arabic. I would have made mistakes in writing fines and in making reports. :yahoo:

Plus with every other arab country having their dialects different, the most difficult of all 'masri' people their every sentence seemed like they are fighting but the village people of miser are GEM of a people.

I had hard time learning and trying to speak arabic in masri accent. But then I learnt their arabic a bit, funny part was that there is no 'ج' in their language, they replace 'ج' with 'Gaaf'

So Masjid becomes Masgid

Jawwad becomes 'Gawwad' hahahha gawad in UAE or maybe in Saudia Arabic arabic too is a big abuse and in egypt a horse rider is called Gawwad hahahha