Rate this topic

In this post I will be addressing a doubt on hadith al-kisa.

Your conclusion is flawed and based on your ignorance of the language of the Arabs (heck, I've seen Arab Shia scholars making ABC mistakes in fus7a). The Arabic of the narration says:

اللهم هؤلاء أهل بيتي

This translates to: "O Allah (a form of PRAYER where one BESEECHES AND ASKS Allah FOR SOMETHING) these are my Ahlul Bayt."

Why is he PRAYING to Allah BESEECHING Allah saying that "O Allah! THESE are myAhlul Bayt"? Doesn't Allah know who the Ahl Al-Bayt are? Is the Prophet (saws) teaching or directing Allah? Of course not, he is PRAYING and BESEECHING Allah (Allahumma ...) to include his beloved cousin and his beloved daughter into the tashri3i will of Allah in verse 33:33.

After just a little research, I found some ahadith that refute his argument.

Hadith of Mubahila:

وَلَمَّا نَزَلَتْ هَذِهِ الآيَةُ ‏{‏ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ‏}‏ دَعَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلِيًّا وَفَاطِمَةَ وَحَسَنًا وَحُسَيْنًا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ هَؤُلاَءِ أَهْلِي

When the (following) verse was revealed: "Let us summon our children and your children." Allah's Messenger () called 'Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Husain and said: O Allah, they are my family.

In this hadith, the Prophet uses اللَّهُمَّ. We ask the Sunni who made the argument, where in this hadith is the Prophet making a du'a for the Ahl al-Bayt to be included in anything? Is the Prophet (saw) asking anything? No. The Prophet is simply bearing witness to Allah these are his household. Just like in Hadith al-Kisa.

Another example (Notice the translators additions in this hadith), https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/246

. ‏.اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتُمْ مِنْ أَحَبِّ النَّاسِ إِلَىَّ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتُمْ مِنْ أَحَبِّ النَّاسِ إِلَىَّ‏  يَعْنِي الأَنْصَارَ

O Allah, (bear witness) (and addressing the Ansar), said: You are dearest to me amongst people, (and said: O Allah (bear witness) (and addressing the Ansar), said: You are dearest to me amongst people. And he meant Ansar.

In this hadith, even the translator agrees that just because  اللَّهُمَّ is used, it doesn't mean the Prophet (saw) is asking for anything. Rather, the Prophet (saw) is bearing witness to Allah that the Ansar are the dearest to him amongst the other people. 

The Prophet was not asking for anything in Hadith al-kisa when he said اللهم هؤلاء أهل بيتي. A final proof for this is that there are versions of Hadith al-kisa which do not only contain the phrase اللهم هؤلاء أهل بيتي, but the Prophet (saw) actually recites the verse in 33:33.

حدثنا أبو العباس محمد بن يعقوب ثنا الربيع بن سليمان المرادي و بحر بن نصر الخولاني قالا : ثنا بشر بن بكر و ثنا الأوزاعي حدثني أبو عمار حدثني واثلة بن الأسقع : قال : أتيت عليا فلم أجده فقالت لي فاطمة : انطلق إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يدعوه فجاء مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم فدخلا و دخلت معهما فدعا رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم الحسن و الحسين فأقعد كل واحد منهما على فخذيه و أدنى فاطمة من حجره و زوجها ثم لف عليهم وثوبا و قال : { إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت و يطهركم تطهيرا } ثم قال : هؤلاء أهل بيتي اللهم أهل بيتي أحق 
هذا حديث صحيح على شرط الشيخين و لم يخرجاه 
تعليق الذهبي قي التلخيص : على شرط مسلم

The fact that the Prophet (saw) recites the verse proves the verse is revealed for them, and they are not just being included with a Du'a. 

Ws

Edited by Follower of Ahlulbayt