Rate this question

Question

I m feeling to cry a lot. Feeling losing hopes. Dont wNt to communicate even with house ppl. I m married since 2 yrs, my life is different after marriage. I dont hve any friends or any social life. I have tension about many things. I feel lonely and lost. I cant share my grief to my husband. I cry every night and feels that even God has also left me alone. I m feeling depressed please 

16 answers to this question

Don’t go to a medical professional (as some tend to suggest) who will likely give you pills. Go to a therapist who will talk to you about your problems and try to help you find solutions. Pills are often not good for your brain.

Did you move far away from your old home?

I respectfully disagree with some posters here. I don’t believe that depression has an emotional root cause; especially if the depression is so severe that it won’t allow you to function normally. There is a huge difference between feeling low and suffering from depression. A lot of times people confuse the two but they are most definitely not the same condition or even interchangeable condition names.

I believe that severe depression is caused by a chemical imbalance and can only be cured by medication. Of course, suffering from emotional or other problems at the same time only serves to exacerbate the situation. 

I would strongly suggest that the OP should speak to a doctor as soon as possible.

It really doesn’t help if people ask a depression sufferer if they have unresolved problems. I understand that people are trying to be helpful but it is counterproductive. The thing about depression is that the sufferer is holding on to so much guilt already for not being able to do normal day to day things, and making someone question their ideology by saying things like they should be grateful for what they have etc. only serves to make the sufferer feel even more guilty and emotionally burdened.

To the OP: take one day at a time. Always remember that so far you have got through 100% of your bad days. No matter how tough things get please remember that you will get through this too. Listen to your body. When you are feeling at your lowest ebb; just accept it. As @HakimPtsid said, read inspiring and uplifting quotes or books, watch Comedies on TV, listen/read to the Quran (in no particular order) etc. IA you will find that you have some hours in the day when you have more energy. Try and get some jobs done then but don’t over exert yourself. Be kind to yourself and remember this is not your fault. You have not caused this condition. 

Please do see the doctor ASAP and take whatever médecine he recommends regularly. 

Good luck.

Edited by Aflower

I am so sorry you feel this way. I have the same feeling but unfortunately I have no useful advice for you except that I will mention you in my prayers Inshalla.

I cry alone a lot, I can't find joy, I am not married and not even close to marriage, I am a failure at everything I do. Astaghfarallah I also feel like God has forgotten me, I pray so much all I want is to be able to feel happiness in this life, I don't care how, I just want to feel happy and fulfilled. 

Maybe to help you with your situation try to think that nothing is forever, which means sadness is not eternal, maybe this is a test from Allah SWT, so we must stay halal and power through and inshalla one day we won't feel so lost and hopeless.

God bless you :)

I was feeling that way recently when I started college. I was also having bad panic attacks at felt that there would be no one to help me. What helped me was going back to Allah. I would spend my time with islamic knoweledge rather than spirtuality. When I made dua and tawassul through the ahlulbayt, Allah accepted my prayers. What I was missing came back to me. Try connecting with people you knew before the marriage.

Do not think that way, keep yourself busy with prayers, and duas, once you have that link with Allah you will not feel alone, and Allah will further help you, inshaaAllah :)

49 minutes ago, Amrinkasim said:

I m feeling to cry a lot. Feeling losing hopes. Dont wNt to communicate even with house ppl. I m married since 2 yrs, my life is different after marriage. I dont hve any friends or any social life. I have tension about many things. I feel lonely and lost. I cant share my grief to my husband. I cry every night and feels that even God has also left me alone. I m feeling depressed please 

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

My dear sister cry as much as you want it is okay to cry.

Seek help through patience and prayers.

Saying that you think that even Allah has left you (is a sign of Shaitan and his waswasa).

Speak to the Imam(a.s) of your time when you are in bed at night in your heart. You will see a change in your life.

Your weapons are

Patience

Prayers

Approaching the Imam(a.s) of our time.

trying to find the source of your depression is highly beneficial. You speak of your husband as being not very receptive, I sense your disappointment with your marriage may be an important thing to overcome. I don't want to project but it seems you regret your marriage? without enough context, I can't give you focused enough advice, but;

I used to be depressed at one point, nowadays I get melancholy from time to time. It's a natural part of life, it's part of how we come to terms with ourselves. Sometimes you just have to let it pass, other times you have to feed yourself what inspires you: 

Like, The Quran, inspiring Hadith, making friends, calling your family, getting out for a walk, reading a book, watching a movie, watching a TV show or documentary, reading poetry, doing gardening, writing your feelings and thoughts/diary, and so on. 

3 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

I also used to feel that way in my mid 20's. I'm now 42 and i dont feel so bad anymore. I realised the key was to keep myself busy with different activities to keep myself busy. Think what you enjoy doing. Plan your day with a diary and timetable of different activities e.g. Take a walk in the park, play board games with family or friends, read a book, listen to an audio novel, chat with people on internet forums etc. It worked for me and I'm sure it should work for you too inshallah 

This is highly beneficial, keeping busy helps with folks like us who are very sensitive and feel things very deeply. If you want change then you must realize that you have haq in wanting this change. You don’t have to sacrifice your mind to kee the status quo...but that’s my assumption like the rest of us here we don’t know what the source of your pain is. 

If you can’t talk to anybody, then please do two rakat namaz Imaam e Zamana and talk to him in your dua. This is key for folks like us who can’t share our pains. Talk to your master... 

you will get a solution, this is the promise of our masters Muhammed and ahl Muhammed (saaws)...

Edited by Ralvi

I would like to suggest that you should try learning about "Neuro Linguistic Programming" NLP psychological techniques and apply them on yourself. They can help you to think more positively, get rid of your negative thoughts and change your behaviour.

I think you will particularly find "Reframing", "Modeling", "Anchoring" and "Pressupositions" techniques useful.  They can help you to replace your negative thoughts into positive ones and help you to model yourself around people that posses positive attributes that you desire.

NLP is an excellent tool. You can google NLP or find a NLP book at your local library or book shop. Here is a good website of NLP techniques. I hope this helps you and anybody else that may be struggling too inshallah:

https://www.nlp-techniques.org/nlp-techniques-neuro-linguistic-programming-techniques/key-nlp-techniques/nlp-technique-amplify-feelings/

Edited by Murtaza1

Guest RX81

How are you feeling today?  Did you go to anyone for help yet?  Or try the reframing techniques?   Some of us struggled with the similar feelings and found a way through in the end.  

On 11/2/2018 at 12:35 PM, Amrinkasim said:

Are you able to visit a Medical professional for this ?

On 11/2/2018 at 11:05 PM, Amrinkasim said:

Please prayer for the god. Here also same problem. Recite Dua e kumail & ziraat ashura. Imam Maybe help us to and me.

27 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Don’t go to a medical professional (as some tend to suggest) who will likely give you pills. Go to a therapist who will talk to you about your problems and try to help you find solutions. Pills are often not good for your brain.

Did you move far away from your old home?

Brother, what is going on in the brain that makes people think that drugs are the solution?

Can you give natural remedies?

Or how do you reverse your type of thinking and overcome your negativity?

I also used to feel that way in my mid 20's. I'm now 42 and i dont feel so bad anymore. I realised the key was to keep myself busy with different activities to keep myself busy. Think what you enjoy doing. Plan your day with a diary and timetable of different activities e.g. Take a walk in the park, play board games with family or friends, read a book, listen to an audio novel, chat with people on internet forums etc. It worked for me and I'm sure it should work for you too inshallah 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.