Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet Yunus REJECTED Wilayat????

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, realizm said:

I do not mean to waste our time on this but brother, the subject of this thread may come from an obscure narration, do not get surprised to get such answers from us.

And overall I find it very odd that you criticize litteral approaches to the Qur'an, like in the example of God's hand, yet you  need a physical representation of it, in the person of Imam Ali (as).

What about the Noor of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى ? Does it refer to somebody ? And what about Allah being himsef Noor. Can He be Somebody ? And what about Noorun `ala Noor. Can He be Himself upon somebody ?

Unfortunately brother, you have ruined your own argument with these statements. There are reliable hadiths which explain things like "Side of Allah", "Face of Allah", and some hadiths point to Ahlulbayt (as) as the manifestation of these things.

It is no different to saying the Ka'aba is the "House of Allah" or saying Imam Al-Mahdi (as) is the "Sword of Allah".

http://purifiedhousehold.com/the-side-janb-of-Allah-swt-and-the-face-of-Allah-swt/

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

@Ashvazdanghe

what are your thoughts regarding this stuff here? 

it goes nowhere prophet Yunus punished for his anger & hastening in asking punishment in conclusion if Bani israel prophet were alive in our time , they would send to anger management classes.:)

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

it goes nowhere prophet Yunus punished for his anger & hastening in asking punishment in conclusion if Bani israel prophet were alive in our time , they would send to anger management classes.:)

?? I don’t think prophet yunus was angry? 

And I was wondering what your thoughts were with the folks above as you seem to agree with them...

• Veteran Member
22 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Unfortunately brother, you have ruined your own argument with these statements. There are reliable hadiths which explain things like "Side of Allah", "Face of Allah", and some hadiths point to Ahlulbayt (as) as the manifestation of these things.

It is no different to saying the Ka'aba is the "House of Allah" or saying Imam Al-Mahdi (as) is the "Sword of Allah".

http://purifiedhousehold.com/the-side-janb-of-Allah-swt-and-the-face-of-Allah-swt/

I might lack intelligence but I don't understand how I contradicted myself by my message.

Plus it is not about whether I contradict myself, it is more about whether hadith contradict Qur'an. That was the point of my message.

19 minutes ago, realizm said:

I might lack intelligence but I don't understand how I contradicted myself by my message.

Plus it is not about whether I contradict myself, it is more about whether hadith contradict Qur'an. That was the point of my message.

Not sure how any of these hadiths contradict the Holy Qur'an, and not one scholar, classical or new, has claimed that. These are simply metaphors. 

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى created His sword (Mahdi) which He will use to spread His religion. Similar, Allah created His tongue (Ali) which He used to spread his religion. It is just metaphors and symbolism.

There is no ghulu here at all. 

The topic should have remained focused on the particular hadith which the O.P has made the thread about.

Edited by Sumerian

• Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Not sure how any of these hadiths contradict the Holy Qur'an, and not one scholar, classical or new, has claimed that. These are simply metaphors. 

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى created His sword (Mahdi) which He will use to spread His religion. Similar, Allah created His tongue (Ali) which He used to spread his religion. It is just metaphors and symbolism.

There is no ghulu here at all. 

The topic should have remained focused on the particular hadith which the O.P has made the thread about.

You obviously did not follow the chronology of this thread. Of courses these are metaphors -btw the tongue or sword are not in Qur'an- that is the whole point. Yet some individuals need to personify those metaphors because they do not want to admit Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is beyond comprehension. Ahlul bait (as) is a pretext for them.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam , you are still a sunni even Quranist that reject everyone are Sunnis ,your statement is more like Quranists that interrupt every verse on their behalf for their benefit .

the idea of avoiding sectarianism is just a shield for people like you that try to silence other voices before negotiation ,the position of Imam ali (as)  is so clear that even without refering to Quran & Hadith his position not comparable with other people in his time until now & after that but we can find similar persons in every era as 3 caliph 

Perhaps According to you,  and how about to others? Ask a sunni regarding my position they'll deny me as them up and down.  Quranists probably as well.

I like to just consider myself Muslim and be glad my disposition or beliefs are independent of what you and others may think. 

I say politely that you have misunderstood me.

Until such day I stop breathing, I won't cease challenging Sunni, Shia, Quranist, Sevener, Christian, Jewish, and whoever elses ideas and beliefs on the basis  of provoking self reflection. In an effort to dispel confirmation bias of material that we are taught instead of seek for ourselves.

Truth is were all Muslims in the end and dance around different beliefs and opinions as we grow.

I don't believe Islam has anything to do with the fact of who was khalifa whether it should be imam Ali AS or abu bakr or Ronald McDonald. 

Ibrahim AS certainly didn't need this in his belief to be Muslim and I argue neither do we.   Because i see it as Part of the root of division of all Muslims.

Call me what you want but even with quranists I have disagreements. 

Edited by wmehar2

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

It would be nice if we could all stick to the topic please. 

Respect :)

Bro I tried, then some guys comes and says I called Imaam Ali god.

They cant admit but they actually really don’t love Imam Ali, they will never understand when we praise Muhammed and Ahl Muhammed, they will always think it’s ‘excesive’. But that’s becuase they aren’t true momin. But yeah fact is the Quran says to love them even  beyond yourself. And everything I’ve said strengthens God’s oneness. 

anyway,

What did you think about my post regarding Propeht Yunus?

Edited by Ralvi

9 hours ago, realizm said:

You obviously did not follow the chronology of this thread. Of courses these are metaphors -btw the tongue or sword are not in Qur'an- that is the whole point. Yet some individuals need to personify those metaphors because they do not want to admit Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is beyond comprehension. Ahlul bait (as) is a pretext for them.

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is beyond comprehension, but what does that have to do with symbolism and metaphors? You denied that the Ahlulbayt (as) could be the metaphorical meaning.

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is beyond comprehension, but what does that have to do with symbolism and metaphors? You denied that the Ahlulbayt (as) could be the metaphorical meaning.

Exactly since he his beyond comprehension and he is merciful, he used ahlulbayt and uses them as metaphors for him.In fact without this there would be no way to know that he is fact one or he is beyond comprehension. Ahlulbayt are necessary to spread the religion to humans and this universe...

Because without the channels he isn’t beyond comprehension. He remains separate and unique due to this perfect system he has created. It’s hard for me to express in words but hopefully it came across lol

Edited by Ralvi

• Veteran Member
9 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

A metaphor is used to make understand something non understandable. Like, you use a concrete example to explain an abstract concept. 

What you mention is completely different : you try to explain the metaphor (e.g. hand of Allah) by impliying it actually refers to somebody in person, you change the meaning ofof the parabol.

• Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

Exactly since he his beyond comprehension and he is merciful, he used ahlulbayt and uses them as metaphors for him.In fact without this there would be no way to know that he is fact one or he is beyond comprehension. Ahlulbayt are necessary to spread the religion to humans and this universe...

Because without the channels he isn’t beyond comprehension. He remains separate and unique due to this perfect system he has created. It’s hard for me to express in words but hopefully it came across lol

Ok then you would now have to explain to me what Imam Ali (as) being the hand of Allah actually made you understand about what is the hand of Allah ? 

I would really appreciate your answer.

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, realizm said:

Ok then you would now have to explain to me what Imam Ali (as) being the hand of Allah actually made you understand about what is the hand of Allah ? 

I would really appreciate your answer.

You tell me what you don’t understand? 

You tell me what you didn’t understand when Imam Ali raised the people from the dead,

when he strook the head of one kafir but NOT the head of the other,

when he hiding under the sheet to ambush the enemy,

when he was born in the Kaaba 

when he was doing iftar with Salman, Ifatr with the Propeht, iftar with his family, ifatr with this guys and this guy at the same time.

in fact YOU have to tell me how Imam Ali isn’t the command/hand/shadow of Allah

1 hour ago, realizm said:

A metaphor is used to make understand something non understandable. Like, you use a concrete example to explain an abstract concept. 

What you mention is completely different : you try to explain the metaphor (e.g. hand of Allah) by impliying it actually refers to somebody in person, you change the meaning ofof the parabol.

No you don't. What does a hand symbolise? And what does that person personify?

A sword, for example, represents power. And Imam Al-Mahdi (as) represents the power of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Same thing with a hand. What does the metaphor mean? And who personifies that meaning?

You are literally arguing against reliable hadith that is accepted by thousands of years of scholarship. No one has ever had an issue with it.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Sumerian said:

No you don't. What does a hand symbolise? And what does that person personify?

A sword, for example, represents power. And Imam Al-Mahdi (as) represents the power of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Same thing with a hand. What does the metaphor mean? And who personifies that meaning?

You are literally arguing against reliable hadith that is accepted by thousands of years of scholarship. No one has ever had an issue with it.

Bro that’s What got me confused. Because Iam like isn’t this common sense for everybody? Why do I have to explain this? Guess now people want to argue the basic facts and hide behind the veil of being a Shi’a. They aren’t true momin. You shouldn’t bother with them, the only veil they have is the one god put over them

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

I don't believe Islam has anything to do with the fact of who was khalifa whether it should be imam Ali AS or abu bakr or Ronald McDonald. 

Ibrahim AS certainly didn't need this in his belief to be Muslim and I argue neither do we.   Because i see it as Part of the root of division of all Muslims.

Call me what you want but even with quranists I have disagreements

Salam not only Islam but also every religion defines by it's leader (Khalifa/Imam/prophet ,etc) ,it is even by sunni sources confirmed that every person will judge based on belief of it's leader in judgment day 

Ibrahim As did great sacrifice but it postponed until time of Imam Hussain (as) that caused Ibrahim As becomes Imam of his time beside of his prophet-hood  ,he was spiritual father of all Muslims & Prophet Muhammad (pbu) & Imam Ali (as) are spiritual father of all Muslims  ,also  Quran says religion in view of Allah is just Islam so prophet Yunus (as) & all prophets accepted prophet hood of prophet Muhammad (pbu)  generaly  and announced it to all people & accepted  wilayah of Imam Ali (as) exclusively 

the division between muslims stated by Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that certainly will happen after him & number of sects in Islam will be more than any religion  

Hadith al-Iftiraq is not cited in the Shiite Four Books and Sunni Sahihayn. Even some early researchers of Islamic sects, such as al-Nawbakhti in his Firaq al-Shi'a and Abu l-Hasan al-Ash'ari in his Maqalat al-Islamiyyin have not cited the hadith. Some researchers of Islamic sects, such as Ibn Hazm al-Zahiri (d. 456/1063) held that the hadith is unreliable and Ibn Wazir believed that the last part of the hadith is fabricated.

However, some Shiite and Sunni books of hadiths and some early sources of sects and creeds (al-milal wa l-nihal) as well as more recent researchers of Islamic sects have cited the hadith. Thus, contrary to the first group, there is another group of scholars who believe that Hadith al-Iftiraq is not only well-known, but also mutawatir.

In al-Kafi, there is a hadith from Imam al-Baqir (a) with the same content without attributing it to the Prophet (s).

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Hadith_al-Iftiraq

http://en.wikishia.net/view/The_First_Muslim

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ralvi said:

Bro I tried, then some guys comes and says I called Imaam Ali god.

They cant admit but they actually really don’t love Imam Ali, they will never understand when we praise Muhammed and Ahl Muhammed, they will always think it’s ‘excesive’. But that’s becuase they aren’t true momin. But yeah fact is the Quran says to love them even  beyond yourself. And everything I’ve said strengthens God’s oneness. 

anyway,

What did you think about my post regarding Propeht Yunus?

Yeah bro I agree with you to a certain degree but look at this part of the Hadith 

Yunusas said: ‘How can Ias befriend someone whom Ias have not seen and do notrecognise?’ And heas went away in anger. So Allahazwj the High Revealed unto me: “Swallow up Yunusas but do not weaken hisas bones

You can clearly see that Yunus a.s didn't want to be Imam Ali a.s friend and he left angry. Then Allah SWT sent a whale to teach him a lesson. In my mind, that doesn't make any sense. Just think about it 

• Advanced Member

Here is another Hadith:

Muhammad Bin Al-Hassan Al-Saffar, from Al-Abbas Bin Marouf, from Sa’dan Bin Muslim, from Sabah 
Al-Mazny, from Al-Haris Bin Haseyra, from Habat Al-Arany who said, 
‘Amir-ul-Momineen asws said
: ‘Allah azwj Presented my (asws) Wilayah upon the inhabitants of the sky, and upon the inhabitans of the earth, and the one who accepted it, accepted it, and the one who rejected it, rejected it. And Yunus (as) paused (with regards to) it, so Allah (azwj) Captivated him (as) in the belly of the whale until he (as) accepted it’. 

Reference: Basair Al Darajat 

Edited by MohammadAli1993

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Here is another Hadith:

Muhammad Bin Al-Hassan Al-Saffar, from Al-Abbas Bin Marouf, from Sa’dan Bin Muslim, from Sabah 
Al-Mazny, from Al-Haris Bin Haseyra, from Habat Al-Arany who said, 
‘Amir-ul-Momineen asws said
: ‘Allah azwj Presented my (asws) Wilayah upon the inhabitants of the sky, and upon the inhabitans of the earth, and the one who accepted it, accepted it, and the one who rejected it, rejected it. And Yunus (as) paused (with regards to) it, so Allah (azwj) Captivated him (as) in the belly of the whale until he (as) accepted it’. 

Reference: Basair Al Darajat 

No this is incorrect, if Yunus was a prophet by then, he did not reject Wilayah. He didn’t even really pause actually. He was saying who risalat and Wilayah belonged to, only god knows he waited or took too much time to say Imam Ali’s name after the prophet. In God’s  judgment he did not say Imam Ali’s name in an acceptable manner especially for someone who is a Propeht. Propeht Yunus thus paid the price of this lesson about actually upsetting god. Not much upsets god since he is the most fair. But  prophet yunus story teaches us that when god aks you to name your reason for existence, that you should spare no expense or time or heart in saying Ima Ali’s Wilayah with all your heart and being. This is something intolerable to god. And I think this makes more sense and falls in line with what would be accepted in this religions history. Propeht yunus hesitating or rejecting would crumble the system of Propehthood and infallibility. 

Edited by Ralvi

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Yeah bro I agree with you to a certain degree but look at this part of the Hadith 

Yunusas said: ‘How can Ias befriend someone whom Ias have not seen and do notrecognise?’ And heas went away in anger. So Allahazwj the High Revealed unto me: “Swallow up Yunusas but do not weaken hisas bones

You can clearly see that Yunus a.s didn't want to be Imam Ali a.s friend and he left angry. Then Allah SWT sent a whale to teach him a lesson. In my mind, that doesn't make any sense. Just think about it 

It doesn’t make sense, I would question the validity of this Hadith, it questions prophet yunus infallibility. And that’s unacceptable. He is after all a prophet and a messenger of Allah, Allah makes no mistake and Muhammed and ahl Muhammed don’t make mistakes.

this Hadith puts prophet yunus on the same plane of Iblis

So based on logic I think this Hadith is fabricated 

although there might be something to the fact that hesitating on imam Ali’s Wilayah put you on par or worse than Iblis 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam not only Islam but also every religion defines by it's leader (Khalifa/Imam/prophet ,etc) ,it is even by sunni sources confirmed that every person will judge based on belief of it's leader in judgment day 

Ibrahim As did great sacrifice but it postponed until time of Imam Hussain (as) that caused Ibrahim As becomes Imam of his time beside of his prophet-hood  ,he was spiritual father of all Muslims & Prophet Muhammad (pbu) & Imam Ali (as) are spiritual father of all Muslims  ,also  Quran says religion in view of Allah is just Islam so prophet Yunus (as) & all prophets accepted prophet hood of prophet Muhammad (pbu)  generaly  and announced it to all people & accepted  wilayah of Imam Ali (as) exclusively 

the division between muslims stated by Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that certainly will happen after him & number of sects in Islam will be more than any religion  

Hadith al-Iftiraq is not cited in the Shiite Four Books and Sunni Sahihayn. Even some early researchers of Islamic sects, such as al-Nawbakhti in his Firaq al-Shi'a and Abu l-Hasan al-Ash'ari in his Maqalat al-Islamiyyin have not cited the hadith. Some researchers of Islamic sects, such as Ibn Hazm al-Zahiri (d. 456/1063) held that the hadith is unreliable and Ibn Wazir believed that the last part of the hadith is fabricated.

However, some Shiite and Sunni books of hadiths and some early sources of sects and creeds (al-milal wa l-nihal) as well as more recent researchers of Islamic sects have cited the hadith. Thus, contrary to the first group, there is another group of scholars who believe that Hadith al-Iftiraq is not only well-known, but also mutawatir.

In al-Kafi, there is a hadith from Imam al-Baqir (a) with the same content without attributing it to the Prophet (s).

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Hadith_al-Iftiraq

http://en.wikishia.net/view/The_First_Muslim

That's great man and I respect your opinion. 

When I read Qur'an it tells me what my religion is and makes no mention of following imams of my time being part of definition of islam as religion.  It tells me what piety/religion is here:

2:177

It is not piety, that you turn your faces to the East and to the West. True piety is this: to believe in God, and the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the Prophets, to give of one's substance, however cherished, to kinsmen, and orphans, the needy, the traveller, beggars, and to ransom the slave, to perform the prayer, to pay the alms. And they who fulfil their covenant when they have engaged in a covenant, and endure with fortitude misfortune, hardship and peril, these are they who are true in their faith, these are the truly godfearing.

I follow this as definition of my religion, it seemed quite clear enough to me.

I know what the Sunnis believe and the Shia, and as of right now, I don't agree with them. 

• Advanced Member

The Qur'an explicitly told us that Yunus (as) was swallowed by the Whale for being impatient on his people. Such ahadith are typically full of ghuluw and these are the ones the Imams (asws) warned us of.

Now it's up to you, whether to trust the book of Allah, or some unreliable narration/hadith. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

know what the Sunnis believe and the Shia, and as of right now, I don't agree with them. 

As a sufi you must have a mentor & he/she will be your imam here & in judgement day & you will ressurect & judge with him & with all respect in my view all sufi leaders are in wrong way & they interrupt Quran in wrong way for their benefit so they won't be successfull in judgement day :respect:

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

As a sufi you must have a mentor & he/she will be your imam here & in judgement day & you will ressurect & judge with him & with all respect in my view all sufi leaders are in wrong way & they interrupt Quran in wrong way for their benefit so they won't be successfull in judgement day :respect:

Sometimes that's the case.

But I don't know if I can call myself sufi I. I try to adopt akhlaq and traits from what I learned because it resonates with my feelings of wanting everyone to be united despite our differences. It encourages me reflecting inside of myself rather than everyone else's thoughts flooding over mine.

I don't agree with most of the leadership for reasons you mentioned.

There always insightful things to learn from everyone, not 100% of someone's teachings should be ignored. I think there are great many positives to learn from groups,  doesn't mean I'll follow what I disagree with from them.

I dont follow any one particular leader like I used to. 

• Advanced Member

It is beyond some people capacity to understand the merits of Moula Ali(asws) or they purposely decline the merits of Moula Ali(asws) due to their xyz reasons and therefore they believe that we compare our Moula(asws) to Allah and therefore we commit a shirk or they believe that we want to call our Moula(asws) as Allah (nauzubillah) whereas in actual it is they who with their very limited mindsets have set boundaries for Mohammd(saww) o Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) and therefore cannot imagine them beyond their boundaries.

There is nothing precisely that can be done for them because Allah guides whom he wills.

One sentence I will still say for those who think incorrectly like above ^

Who is Ali(asws)? Makhlooq

Who is Allah? Al Khaaliq

I hope those who really want to see who we 'shias' are can read above two questions and answers and then talk to us.

As said by Prophet(saww)

O Ali(asws) nobody recognizes you except me and Allah

Nobody recognizes me except you and Allah

Nobody recognizes Allah except me and you.

So onething is for sure, You can never ever completely know/recognize Allah, Prophet Mohammad(saww) and Moula Ali(asws) or else this hadith will go wrong so kindly brothers and sisters stop trying to do it.

We cannot know who Ali(asws) is in terms of his merits and virtues and a humble request for sincere people to stop declining something just because it is beyond your understanding capability.

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai

• Advanced Member
On 11/6/2018 at 7:49 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

It is beyond some people capacity to understand the merits of Moula Ali(asws) or they purposely decline the merits of Moula Ali(asws) due to their xyz reasons and therefore they believe that we compare our Moula(asws) to Allah and therefore we commit a shirk or they believe that we want to call our Moula(asws) as Allah (nauzubillah) whereas in actual it is they who with their very limited mindsets have set boundaries for Mohammd(saww) o Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) and therefore cannot imagine them beyond their boundaries.

There is nothing precisely that can be done for them because Allah guides whom he wills.

One sentence I will still say for those who think incorrectly like above ^

Who is Ali(asws)? Makhlooq

Who is Allah? Al Khaaliq

I hope those who really want to see who we 'shias' are can read above two questions and answers and then talk to us.

As said by Prophet(saww)

O Ali(asws) nobody recognizes you except me and Allah

Nobody recognizes me except you and Allah

Nobody recognizes Allah except me and you.

So onething is for sure, You can never ever completely know/recognize Allah, Prophet Mohammad(saww) and Moula Ali(asws) or else this hadith will go wrong so kindly brothers and sisters stop trying to do it.

We cannot know who Ali(asws) is in terms of his merits and virtues and a humble request for sincere people to stop declining something just because it is beyond your understanding capability.

Subhanallah! You Beautifully captured the central idea in Islam. This is what a momin is, he recognizes his limits and inability to comprehend but will not hesitate to recognize the truth 

Ali Mawla

Ali Mawla

Ali Mawla(as)!!!!!

Edited by Ralvi

• Advanced Member

Quran says something and almost all translations translate it as "blame worthy". Not sure if somebody addressed this already. 

فَالْتَقَمَهُ الْحُوتُ وَهُوَ مُلِيمٌ - 37:142

"Then the whale engulfed him while he was blame worthy" 

This is a third person description. There is a supposed first person statement from what I understand to be Sayidna younis pleads to God while referring to himself as a zaalim aka wrongdoer. In verse 21:87

This is like countless other examples of Prophets doing mistakes in the Quran, and then getting forgiven. I love them anyway, and they are humans, just better than most. 

3 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

This is like countless other examples of Prophets doing mistakes in the Quran, and then getting forgiven

:) What was the mistake of Prophet Yunus? Prophets don't do mistakes, if they commit mistakes, Allah (s.w.t) would not command us to obey them. 

• Advanced Member
41 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

:) What was the mistake of Prophet Yunus? Prophets don't do mistakes, if they commit mistakes, Allah (s.w.t) would not command us to obey them. 

When analyzing the verses in the Quran, the words used are enough to show that he and other Prophets did something wrong. What exactly it was, can be debated. (in this case the word zulm and maleem) 

I see no mistake in Allah sending us human like us as leaders, who are living examples of how to repent after making a mistake. Just like our parents, scholars, advisors, books & hadith authors, narrators, etc. We follow their advice too, even though they make mistakes. That is because they are more wise than us in certain areas that we may find ourselves in. 

18 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

When analyzing the verses in the Quran, the words used are enough to show that he and other Prophets did something wrong. What exactly it was, can be debated. (in this case the word zulm and maleem) 

Lets see another verse of Quran and let me know what it tells you:

Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 87:
وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Some translators have translated the phrase "فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ" as "He thought that We have no power over him".

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Lets see another verse of Quran and let me know what it tells you:

Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 87:
وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

Some translators have translated the phrase "فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ" as "He thought that We have no power over him".

OK. :)

This part of the verse does not go into specifics, so I can not judge it (in reference to verse 2:7 ma7kum ayat vs. Mushabihat ayat - in my opinion) 

I can't judge from this Aya alone what exactly went wrong, but a clear part of the Aya that is the part where Prophet Yunis refers to himself as a zaalim in front of Allah, as a plea for help and forgiveness. :)

26 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

but a clear part of the Aya that is the part where Prophet Yunis refers to himself as a zaalim in front of Allah, as a plea for help and forgiveness. :)

Prophet Yunus was blaming himself for something, if that is a "mistake" in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) then He would have not mentioned this in the next verses:

Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 88:
فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَكَذَٰلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

So We responded to him and delivered him from the grief and thus do We deliver the believers.
(English - Shakir)

Surah As-Saaffat, Verse 143:
فَلَوْلَا أَنَّهُ كَانَ مِنَ الْمُسَبِّحِينَ

But had it not been that he was of those who glorify (Us),
(English - Shakir)

26 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

I can't judge from this Aya alone what exactly went wrong,

Actually you should not have to judge a Prophet, which is a chosen one and a "mukhlas" servant of Allah (s.w.t).

All of the above verses are mutashabeh, we need to get to the door of Rasikhoona fil ilm for having an explanation or interpretation of these verses.

38 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Like this one, if we consider this translation correct, it can be said that Prophet Yunus, na'uzobillah, has comitted kufr.

Edited by Salsabeel