Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest One

Sinéad O'Connor reverted to Islam

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

She's still around?

She was a two hit wonder in the U.S. back in the early 90's. I always thought of her as a bit loopy. It seemed she was always trying to push some rebellious agenda.

Alas, Islam always welcomes everyone into its fold. Even the crazy ones. We can put her in the Lindsay Lohan category. Safe to assume she went Sunni though.

On a side note, since she always buzzed her hair, does she need to wear a hijab still ? :muslima:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, Akbar673 said:

Lindsay Lohan category. Safe to assume she went Sunni

Lindsey Lohman absorb to salafism because her muslim friend is a Salafi ,with heavy investment of KSA majority of converted to sunni Islam will become Salafis in near future .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a huge fan of her music. Well, not all of it but a lot of it. Her star definitely fell a little from the dizzy heights she hit early on but she has maintained a successful career over the years. She can sing like an angel Unfortunately she has had some very serious mental issues over the years, particularly in the last 2 or 3 years, all of it on social media for the world to see. Good luck to her with her conversion to Islam, I hope it brings her some peace and happiness.  I am sure her version of Islam will be highly unorthodox! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember reading fairly recently about her mental health issues. I hope the Muslims she meets are good people and not stuck in self-righteous backwardness, and I hope she finds the inner peace she so desperately needs. 

I never really paid attention to her career, but I remember her from the 80s or 90s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Guest One said:

I saw it all over instagram

Masha Allah may Allah bless her and grant her jannah ameen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Klanky said:

I am sure her version of Islam will be highly unorthodox!  

Many singers like her aboard to ISIS  when it was highly active in Syria & Iraq with same mentality & attitude like as her , people like her act unorthodox in beginning but after a short while radicals easily brain wash them by propogating of idea pure version of Islam & vice verca turn them to their puppets .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

Odd but interesting news there.

Do we know what type of Islam she's converted to?

She became a sunni muslim , no shia is active in field of Dawah to Islam in west even no shia becomes a mentor for such new converts majority of new converts at first had no idea of Shia or sunni except by accident or heavy research they become Shia and she had zero chance for exposing to shia islam &shia community there hardly can manages it's current small numbers while salafi /Wahabists there receive heavy investments &support from KSA

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

She became a sunni muslim , no shia is active in field of Dawah to Islam in west even no shia becomes a mentor for such new converts majority of new converts at first had no idea of Shia or sunni except by accident or heavy research they become Shia

Most converts in West dont really know so much about sunnis or shias and become "just Muslims" or sunnis by name only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% of reverted people here in the west  are sunni.

Cases like mine are few.

Here when you are searching info and ask about Islam one of the first things that you learn is:"Twelver Shias are kafir, like Ahmadiyya, Ismailis etc." :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Guest One said:

99% of reverted people here in the west  are sunni.

Cases like mine are few.

Here when you are searching info and ask about Islam one of the first things that you learn is:"Twelver Shias are kafir, like Ahmadiyya, Ismailis etc." :rolleyes:

First like I said most of them don't really know so much about sunnis and shias so I don't consider really most of them as "sunnis". 

Secondly I prefer largely quality to quantity and this is also what the Quran prefers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Secondly I prefer largely quality to quantity 

This is true but radicals will make a network around her to absorb her fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest One said:

99% of reverted people here in the west  are sunni.

Cases like mine are few.

Here when you are searching info and ask about Islam one of the first things that you learn is:"Twelver Shias are kafir, like Ahmadiyya, Ismailis etc." :rolleyes:

And for me too, though I suppose I have a unique case because I was an occultist (meaning comparative religion also became part of my daily life) who got fascinated, then very greatly immersed in so-called "Sufism" - which caused me to develop a completely different view on Islam than the West (and Muslim communities/forums I've interacted with - being usually really dogmatic Sunni's) portray. Shia (Ismailism in particular) attracts me to Islam far more than Sunni's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so saddened that she’s receiving so much hate from non-Muslims for her conversion. I always believe that when Allah guides someone, obviously he knows something about that person that we don’t and never will. Yeah, she’s battled mental health issues, but she’s not whatever it is they are calling her just because she converted. 

When a man converts to Islam, non Muslims don’t say anything, but when a woman converts to Islam, she’s suddenly “crazy” or “on drugs”. 

I’m not the to say these sort of phrases, but may Allah increase the hateful ones (of her conversion, meaning anti-Muslims) of ignorance and misguidance. She seems sincere and genuine in her conversion, so who are others to judge? I pray she’ll find peace and happiness in Islam.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

When a man converts to Islam, non Muslims don’t say anything, but when a woman converts to Islam, she’s suddenly “crazy” or “on drugs”. 

I’m not the to say these sort of phrases, but may Allah increase the hateful ones (of her conversion, meaning anti-Muslims) of ignorance and misguidance. She seems sincere and genuine in her conversion, so who are others to judge? I pray she’ll find peace and happiness in Islam.

I agree, although I think I have an idea what's going on. People think when a woman converts to Islam, she cuts herself from the world and stays in an abusive relationship to some Saudi dude for sake of religion. (Complete nonsense) but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I agree, although I think I have an idea what's going on. People think when a woman converts to Islam, she cuts herself from the world and stays in an abusive relationship to some Saudi dude for sake of religion. (Complete nonsense) but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

I agree, I think people have that misconception of cutting yourself off from the world once you convert to Islam. Obviously that’s not the case with the majority, unless you’re choosing to be alone or “cliquey”.

i think that in Sinéad’s case, she has been married for quite some time now. I doubt she converted to Islam for a man since I think her husband is non-Muslim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

 

And for me too, though I suppose I have a unique case because I was an occultist (meaning comparative religion also became part of my daily life) who got fascinated, then very greatly immersed in so-called "Sufism" - which caused me to develop a completely different view on Islam than the West (and Muslim communities/forums I've interacted with - being usually really dogmatic Sunni's) portray. Shia (Ismailism in particular) attracts me to Islam far more than Sunni's. 

yes, I know brothers here in Italy that come from the circles of esotericism and traditionalism, many come close to Shia or Sufism after reading Guénon, Evola etc. or especially Corbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I agree, I think people have that misconception of cutting yourself off from the world once you convert to Islam. Obviously that’s not the case with the majority, unless you’re choosing to be alone or “cliquey”.

i think that in Sinéad’s case, she has been married for quite some time now. I doubt she converted to Islam for a man since I think her husband is non-Muslim. 

I agree, people get upset for no good reason nowadays. These people, for all intents and purposes, need to shut up and respect her decision to post public pictures of her faith and ayahs from the Quran.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guest One said:

yes, I know brothers here in Italy that come from the circles of esotericism and traditionalism, many come close to Shia or Sufism after reading Guénon, Evola etc. or especially Corbin.

Interesting! I didn't come to Islam/Shia through them but I have indeed read some of Guenon's and Evola's books. I've read much of the canon of Hermetic/alchmical literature (from Paracelsus to Dee to Eliphas Levi, to Crowley). I've explored most religions at this point, finding most favor in Islam and Hinduism (which Occultism tends to be a repackaging of). 

In Islam, our 'heretical' Islamic esotericists/magi and Sufi's have added a lot of really innovative ideas that where stolen by Western Occultism. You can't win really (there is still a lot of stigma towards Islam itself in the west, sadly) but more greater awareness towards these topics (such as the diversity in Islam, which is completely invisible to the Western world) is much needed! 

:)

(Interesting you note Evola though, cause I know a Sufi who's quite appreciative of his work!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Guest One said:

Alhamdulillah. InShaAllah she remains happy with her conversion to Islam. I hope she continues to learn about Islam and doesn't feel bad about negative comments from Muslims and nonMuslims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on Simead OkConnor Becoming Muslim (Zed Vlogs another Irish that convertedto Islam)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The older generation would have grown up listening to her" 

She's only 51!

I guess you have seen her updates on twitter but she's sufi, she sees no difference between hair and a hijab (and shaving your head is the same as a hijab), and she has no plan's to start obeying men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obeying men is not a part of Islam. Islam is not about submitting to any man, it’s about submitting to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Obeying men is cultural issue, not religious.

yes, men have some degree of responsibility over the family, but that does not mean that a woman is meant to be submissive to her husband or to men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...