aaljibar

13 million people on the verge of starvation in Yemen

Rate this topic

Ya Allah

this is so heartbreaking, I can't believe that the news is silent on this matter

It annoys me how in the West they don't talk about this on the media, all they mention is some stupid cat stuck in a tree or some ugly dog ran over by a car but never about Muslims suffering in the Middle East never about Islam smh

None of this oppression and hunger will ever stop till Sahib Al Zaman (as) appears

On 10/25/2018 at 11:42 AM, aaljibar said:

We knew it was bad, but it's getting worse. :(

On 10/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

I hope our small donations can make a difference

Your intention is good but nothing from any charity can enter there & these charities hold charities for themselves & it doesn’t reach to Yemen 

5 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Your intention is good but nothing from any charity can enter there & these charities hold charities for themselves & it doesn’t reach to Yemen 

Do you have proof for this or is this just your feeling? 

8 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Do you have proof for this or is this just your feeling? 

it's obvious in all news no charity allows to enter to Yemen from any side , KSA completely closed all borders & nothing & nobody can enter Yemen to help them , if it was possible to help them Iran would be first country that would help them as one time all Aids sent to Yemen through by air from Iran but when plane landed in airport Saudis bombarded the airport & Iran plane released aids as much as possible & left airport base after that all borders completely closed it was about 3 years ago 7 still is same now 

https://www.aparat.com/v/MXjot/بمباران_فرودگاه_یمن_برای_جلوگیری_از_فرود_هواپیمای_ایران

تهدید هواپیمای ایران توسط جنگنده های عربستان؛ افزایش تنش بین تهران و ریاض

روایت لحظه به لحظه خلبان ایرانی که پوز جنگنده های عربستانی را به خاک کشید

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

One of the charities that was rated highly by Charity Navigator, and that does do things on the ground in Yemen is 'International Rescue Committee'

https://help.rescue.org/donate/yemen-crisis?ms=gs_ppc_yemen_es_170731&initialms=gs_ppc_yemen_es_170731&gclid=CjwKCAjwmdDeBRA8EiwAXlarFoSlWVIk1XlE5GfqEPhGGuj4-fun6X-Nznd10HP00WWZaBDK2N8PjRoCgTgQAvD_BwE

I have donated to this one. Just a tip, if you have paypal, do the transaction thru paypal and don't give your credit card info.

If someone has a better one, let me know, I will donate to them. 

You need to look for charities that actually have ability to get things thru the Saudi blockade. This usually means, unfortunately, groups connected to Western politicians, like Milliband, because probably the Saudi's won't bomb them(tlthough they have bombed them, but not very often), so more of the aid will get thru to the people who need it. That is just the cold, hard reality. Again, if someone has a better alternative I am open to it. 

But definitely it is a wajib on us to support those muthloom(opressed) in Yemen, whichever way we think is most beneficial. Don't use the situation to throw up your hands and say 'We can't do anything'. There is always something that can be done, and we are rewarded or punished by Allah(s.w.a) mostly based on our niyyat(intention) and not based on the outcomes of the act which are outside of our control. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

4 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

But definitely it is a wajib on us to support those muthloom(opressed) in Yemen, whichever way we think is most beneficial. Don't use the situation to throw up your hands and say 'We can't do anything'. There is always something that can be done. 

this situation is around circle better work is to do something that increase knowledge of people about crimes of Saudis that people of world stand against them & they force to stop the blockade & war .

On 10/25/2018 at 9:42 PM, aaljibar said:

Isn't there any humanitarian organization that may help Yemenis to control that famine ?

TEHRAN, November 02 - The United Nations Population Fund is warning that the looming famine in war-torn Yemen could put 2 million mothers at risk of death.

UN agency says famine in Yemen endangering 2 million mothersTEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - UNFPA said late on Thursday that lack of food, displacement, poor nutrition, disease outbreaks and eroding health care have dramatically affected the health and well-being of 1.1 million malnourished women who are pregnant or are breast-feeding their newborns.

Civilians have borne the brunt of the conflict, which has killed over 10,000 people and sparked the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

The U.N. has made no progress in attempts to get the warring sides to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

Source: AP

First it was Syria, we all cried the same rhetoric then Yemen. I am sure any intelligent human being with some thinking power has come to the realization that we are good at crying and wishing. The excuse the 12th will solve the problem is ridiculous. What would you all do, if this hidden hero never existed? in fact to the many oppressed he doesn't. Whom would you call? the Ghostbusters?. This is nothing short of the weakness of the proletariat  and the unintended consequence of making religion into some LOTR sequel. This is a human error, while we were busy praying and crying, competing for the best against each other, we never understood or learned what a state is or was. Ohh leave it for the clergyman, leave it for so and so, what about YOU, ME? do not you have any damn potential to make a damn change in this reality?. A collective with the same ideal constrained by fear, while we supposedly have the most powerful aid in existence who is always silent, therefore the excuse which has become the norm, that it is a test?. Are you not tired of this repetition?.

I suggest a reading some of the discourses by Jean-Jacques Rousseau and then moving on to whom he was influenced by.

12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Yemen’s civil war: children on the brink of starvation - unreported world

It is man made famine and human disaster.

When Saudia and Israel wanted a free to use pipeline and a land from Yemen and when Yemeni people led by opposition took matter in their hands and their so called planted PM fled to Saudia and now l8ving in UAE. 

As part of strategy NATO and its  illegitimate allies want independent on Strait of Hourmouz for oil exports from m8ddle East before waging a war on Iran.

OPINE: l must be some kind of 'curse' to be a Yemeni. There is about never, ever any peace there. l happened to remember now that during the conflicts in the 60s, Egypt used chemical weapons in support of the side they were helping. When l was in school, we had a map that list part of the place as the country Aden.

l found his by accident:  Last 28 years of Yemen --- 8 minutes

Edited by hasanhh