Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
kuluu26

Is apple cider vinegar  halal?

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Vinegar, especially wine vinegar, is not only halal, but it's recommended. 

:salam:

Does the same apply to spirit vinegar? Where I live, all sauces mostly have spirit vinegar in them and it's always been very confusing for me. Insha'Allah, someone can solve my confusion.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:59 AM, _nemo_ said:

:salam:

Does the same apply to spirit vinegar? Where I live, all sauces mostly have spirit vinegar in them and it's always been very confusing for me. Insha'Allah, someone can solve my confusion.

Yes, it's the same thing. :party:

2 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Yes bc it doesn’t make u drunk

but it tastes disgusting 

they said that one spoon of apple cider before bed can help you lose belly fat. I tried it and it literally felt like I was shoving vomit down my throat

Mix with some honey and it's kinda yummy... intense, but yummy. 

On 10/24/2018 at 5:06 PM, Islandsandmirrors said:

Apple cider has no alcohol in it. 

I don't know about vinegar, but apple cider usually has some amount of alcohol in it. (Like 0.2% or something) In Sweden I have seen that they sell alcohol free cider, but I have also seen apple cider with up to 9% alcohol, so you don't need much of that to get intoxicated. Better watch out with the cider then.

4 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Yes bc it doesn’t make u drunk

but it tastes disgusting 

they said that one spoon of apple cider before bed can help you lose belly fat. I tried it and it literally felt like I was shoving vomit down my throat

I don't think that's true. You can't choose where the fat on your body comes off (spot reduction). 

Doesn't mean that there aren't benefits, but in general you cannot spot reduce. 

Wallahu a'lam 

Edited by Mahdavist

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

I don't know about vinegar, but apple cider usually has some amount of alcohol in it. (Like 0.2% or something) In Sweden I have seen that they sell alcohol free cider, but I have also seen apple cider with up to 9% alcohol, so you don't need much of that to get intoxicated. Better watch out with the cider then.

Apple cider itself is often more potent in alcohol than lager.

Alcohol-free cider, like Kopparberg, might have under 0.5% abv. I always read the labels when buying alcohol-free lager. They're catered for alcoholics and I think some are great substitutes, but not all of them are great for people wanting 0.0% abv.