Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

what does it mean when you see snakes in your dreams?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Guest Dan786 said:

What does it mean when you see snakes regularly in your dreams?

Snake=Enemy. 

Put sadaqa and don't tell people about a bad dream. You're anonymous here so that's ok, but don't talk about bad dreams IRL to others. 

Edited by Carlzone
  • Advanced Member

As salaamunaleikum,

in an irfani explanation, i  heard multiple times from a  reliable scholar in different lectures that the snake represents an aspect of yourself that needs attention and betterment. In general, a person with a tendency to "bite" or "strike" at others with their mouth/verbally in their day to day life will have snakes manifest in their dreams. Every animal that appears in dreams can be signalling us to something we need to addresss in our selves.

The dog,  wolf,scorpion,etc. all represent negative traits, for example, the dog is known for "barking", so if a person has a problem with yelling and being loud towards others, a dog may manifest in their dreams,and so on and so forth with other animals. 

Interestingly, i once had a dream i was in a garden and many snakes appeared, moving in and out of the plants of the garden. After some time had passed, i had another dream of the same garden, this time, the snakes were no longer moving within the garden, but were retreating into holes in the ground.

Interesting indeed.

The sister above is right, tho...ive also heard we shouldnt share negative dreams with others, especially if they themselves were in the dream. I personally didnt find my dreams, either of them, to be distressing or negative, but definetly curious about it after hearing how they can be warning or drawing us towards self perfection, if we are able to use them as a roadmap to where we are spiritually going wrong and where we need to improve.

W/s

• Veteran Member

@shia farm girl

Assalam Alikum Sister

I hope you are well and in good health.

A few days back I saw a dream about an adult cow and a calf next to each other.  A relative of mine was holding the rope of the calf and walking with it.  Suddenly, the adult cow bites off the calf's head and blood was all over the place.

Do you happen to know the interruption of this dream?  

Thank you.

• Advanced Member

@Laayla

Salaam sister,

Wow, no i dont!

Thats quite an interesting dream..!

Cows are considered benign and gentle creatures, which is one of the reasons ive heard given for why they are permissable for us to eat. The main spiritual  reasons i have heard given for why some animals are halal and others haram is based on what their attributes are, for example, we are prohibbited from eating carnivores like cats, as we dont want to acquire their negative traits, such as aggression and attacking, as the are predators. The same with wolves as their nature is to hunt and attack their prey.

Cows, sheep and goats on the other hand, are generally "nice", gentle and non-threatening creatures, therefore they are permissable for us to ingest, however, care should be taken not to overdue our intake of their meat, as we may then acquire what is undesirable, such as a cows "laziness".

My family has lived across the street from a cowfield since 1982. Very rarely do i see them do anything more than eat grass:/ Occasionally, the will kind of run, if you could call it that. 

Based on this general understanding of cows nature, i havent a clue what your dream could mean:/ 

I have heard there are people in Iran who are known for their dream interpretation. Maybe brother @Ashvazdanghe could direct you further, in sha Allah.

Sorry I cant be of more help. 

W/s

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

@shia farm girl

Assalam Alikum Sister

I hope you are well and in good health.

A few days back I saw a dream about an adult cow and a calf next to each other.  A relative of mine was holding the rope of the calf and walking with it.  Suddenly, the adult cow bites off the calf's head and blood was all over the place.

Do you happen to know the interruption of this dream?  

Thank you.

S/A sister (I assume),

It is very commonly believed by lranians that seeing blood in a dream renders the dream meaningless i.e. as soon as one sees blood in the dream, the dream is to be taken as just a meaningless dream and figment of imagination. I'm not sure if this has a basis in our religion, though.

Regards,

Madzi