In the Name of God بسم الله

Hawza

Rate this topic

Guest Ali

Al-Salamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Bismillahi al-Rahmaan al-Raheem

Some background about me: I am a 20 year old man living in the west at the moment. I am of Iraqi background. I am currently studying civil engineering. Not married, no children. 

I am curious about learning more about jurisprudence, islamic laws, theology, hadith etc, and am interested in studying in a hawza. Is there anyone here with some expertise or perhaps some experience in studying in the hawza. 

Also, is there any way to get in touch with people that are currently/ have studied in hawzas?

Thank you, God bless.

• Basic Members
3 hours ago, sarah khadem said:

Walaykum Al Salam wra7met Allah

I am currently in Hawza and more than happy to answer any questions you may have

Thank you sister, i have listed some questions:

1. What particular hawza are you studying in at the moment?

2. What is your schooling background/ was there some kind of an entrance exam. How does the system work?

3. What is it like living as a hawza student? Cost of living etc.

4. What is the community like? 

5. Is studying in the hawza worth it? Is it easy to make a career out of it?

These are some questions that pop in my mind at the moment, i will ask follow-up questions afterwards if you dont mind :).