Salsabeel

Plan a trip to Najaf & Karbala together under the banner of Shiachat?

On 10/20/2018 at 1:44 AM, Carlzone said:

My relatives say that you get blisters on your feet from the walking. Is that true? What can one do to prevent that from happening? There are certain products one can buy but my friend who's in the military (and soon to be nurse) where they do long walks says those products are worthless and that the best thing to do is wash your feet regularly coz it's the saltcrystals from the sweat that cause the blisters. 

Is that true and do you guys have other or better advice? 

Make sure the footwear and the socks are worn in and not brand new. Worn in does not mean over worn too. 

And this year there is a whole list of western toilet facilities. The list is floating around. 

4 hours ago, abdulhamid said:

Is there any benefit to walking rather than, say, taking a bus?

Health benefits of walking:

You carry your own body weight when you walk. This is known as weight-bearing exercise. Some of the benefits include:

increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness

reduced risk of heart disease and stroke

improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes

stronger bones and improved balance

increased muscle strength and endurance

reduced body fat.

Guess who's in Karbala right now? :woot: :hahaha:

Thank you all for your helpful advice! :)

I'm attending my first ever Arbaeen (but InshaAllah not last)!!! :clap: A dream come true!!! Can't believe it's happening. Pretty cool to see the pilgrims. 

I can't join any shiachatters though coz me and my cousins from England planned our trip and bought our tickets a couple of months ago. 

We will InshaAllah be walking from Najaf. Our main concern is the toilets. May Allah SWT have mercy on our souls and let us find those western toilets! Otherwise trauma is to be expected. :hahaha: 

I am a bit angry though. The driver, a family friend, who picked me up together with my aunt from the airport told me that I should not participate in the mashaya because nonmahrams can see me and that women should be staying in their homes. :angry: What exactly will they be seeing when you're wearing double abayas? 

When I bought the tickets and travelled all the way from Europe to attend Arbaeen I didn't sign up for imprisonment. "Welcome to Karbala - the city where nonmahrams will be trying to control and restrict your freedom." :angry: 

Imagine being married to a man like that - basically a life sentence of imprisonment. Anyway we will have a blast InshaAllah. Meanwhile he can go and lock up his own wife. 

@Miss Wonderful

Salam aleikom sis! I hope you are in good health. I asked my aunt to take me to that river where people through in letters with their wishes in Karbala (where Imam Mehdi  a.A.f. appeared or disappeared). I have brought a bunch of letters from family and friends that I will throw there on their behalf. I know that you were very interested in this, so if you want I can throw a letter in on your behalf. It could say something like "May Allah swt not let you, Miss wonderful, leave this world unless he's happy with you and grant you all the other wishes you have in your heart or mind". Would you be interested in that? My aunt and I got incredible things after doing this, so it might be worth a try? :)

Of course I'll throw one in for all momineen and muslimeen as well. :)

2 hours ago, Carlzone said:

@Miss Wonderful

Salam aleikom sis! I hope you are in good health. I asked my aunt to take me to that river where people through in letters with their wishes in Karbala (where Imam Mehdi  a.A.f. appeared or disappeared). I have brought a bunch of letters from family and friends that I will throw there on their behalf. I know that you were very interested in this, so if you want I can throw a letter in on your behalf. It could say something like "May Allah swt not let you, Miss wonderful, leave this world unless he's happy with you and grant you all the other wishes you have in your heart or mind". Would you be interested in that? My aunt and I got incredible things after doing this, so it might be worth a try? :)

Of course I'll throw one in for all momineen and muslimeen as well. :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wallah you are such a sweet person. Plz Plz include in it  that Allah restores my mother's health, giver her long life and that she be happy and do fun activities and vacations  with her kids (me and my brother)  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3  Mwah Mwah Mwah.  JAzkAllah Khair sweet angel <3 

Edited by Miss Wonderful

1 hour ago, Miss Wonderful said:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wallah you are such a sweet person. Plz Plz include in it  that he restores my mother's health, giver her long life and that she be happy and do fun activities and vacations  with her kids (me and my brother)  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3  Mwah Mwah Mwah.  JAzkAllah Khair sweet angel <3 

Absolutely, sis! I'll add that InshaAllah and may you and your loved ones get innumerable blessings InshaAllah! :)    And thank you for praying for me in your thread!  ❤❤❤

I'll write a general letter for all momineen and muslimeen as well, but if anyone wants something in particular write it here and I'll InshaAllah write that for you too. 

Edited by Carlzone

On 10/22/2018 at 6:21 AM, Carlzone said:

Guess who's in Karbala right now? :woot: :hahaha:

Thank you all for your helpful advice! :)

I'm attending my first ever Arbaeen (but InshaAllah not last)!!! :clap: A dream come true!!! Can't believe it's happening. Pretty cool to see the pilgrims. 

I can't join any shiachatters though coz me and my cousins from England planned our trip and bought our tickets a couple of months ago. 

We will InshaAllah be walking from Najaf. Our main concern is the toilets. May Allah SWT have mercy on our souls and let us find those western toilets! Otherwise trauma is to be expected. :hahaha: 

I am a bit angry though. The driver, a family friend, who picked me up together with my aunt from the airport told me that I should not participate in the mashaya because nonmahrams can see me and that women should be staying in their homes. :angry: What exactly will they be seeing when you're wearing double abayas? 

When I bought the tickets and travelled all the way from Europe to attend Arbaeen I didn't sign up for imprisonment. "Welcome to Karbala - the city where nonmahrams will be trying to control and restrict your freedom." :angry: 

Imagine being married to a man like that - basically a life sentence of imprisonment. Anyway we will have a blast InshaAllah. Meanwhile he can go and lock up his own wife. 

Well done to take a good plundge but donot worry about specific comments.

And all Moakubs have women ams men seperate rest areas.