Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Urwatul Wuthqa

Plan a trip to Najaf & Karbala together under the banner of Shiachat?

It would be great if SC members can get together and make this walk a reality but there's too many issues associated with the idea. 

1. All SC members cannot be allowed to participate since this is an online forum and there needs to be a degree of trust before getting them in. 

2. Those participating in the walk will be coming by some tour or kaafela so their itineary will be different including that of walk. 

3. Even if we're able to come off above two points still we're stranger to each other in real world. Anybody knowing about the plan could get in claiming he's Shiaman14 or Salsabeel or a teenager saying he's hasanhh.. Gimme my arms. 

4. Most of us would like to remain anonymous in real life. If we're walking with the (actual) banner of shiachat, we're sure to come on front page of Shiachat times. 

Why not plan something as The Grand Shiachat Party for Eid-e-Zehra where brother Abbas and Ali will be hosting us with to and fro business class tickets. :)

On 10/13/2018 at 10:12 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

All SC members cannot be allowed to participate since this is an online forum and there needs to be a degree of trust before getting them in. 

We can sort out the sincere & trustable ones.

Those participating in the walk will be coming by some tour or kaafela so their itineary will be different including that of walk. 

Members of Shiachat will walk together and @hasanhh will be the flag bearer of Shiachat. Everything can be planned, I don't see any problem in organizing this program.

Even if we're able to come off above two points still we're stranger to each other in real world. Anybody knowing about the plan could get in claiming he's Shiaman14 or Salsabeel or a teenager saying he's hasanhh.. Gimme my arms.

The group leader (positively shiaman 14) & his deputy will keep the copies of passport & contact details of every member. It will not be difficult for them to identify the "baba jee" like @hasanhh :) and young man like me.

Most of us would like to remain anonymous in real life. If we're walking with the (actual) banner of shiachat, we're sure to come on front page of Shiachat times. 

We are not robots, we cannot remain anonymous from each other for too long. I think it will be good for all members, we have to have a platform for social & religious gatherings.

Why not plan something as The Grand Shiachat Party for Eid-e-Zehra where brother Abbas and Ali will be hosting us with to and fro business class tickets. :)

:D at least I am not going to put my financial burden on them. 

Brother @Salsabeel

If everything can be sorted I'll be happy to join. 

:D at least I am not going to put my financial burden on them.  

I wasn't serious.

Edited by Sirius_Bright

3. Even if we're able to come off above two points still we're stranger to each other in real world. Anybody knowing about the plan could get in claiming he's Shiaman14 or Salsabeel or a teenager saying he's hasanhh.. Gimme my arms. 

We could come up with a secret handshake or code word ...hehehe

But everywhere that ShiaMan14 goes, ShiaWife1 also goes... :NH:

From Salsabeel's post, what we could do is meet beforehand so some things can be done.

For example, those relatively close to Dearborn can meet and then do stuff like go to the local police station and pay for a 'records check'.

l fall into the sunni category so l probably get excluded.

Do we have enough Arabie speakers?

Any other safety ideas?

7 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

From Salsabeel's post, what we could do is meet beforehand so some things can be done.

For example, those relatively close to Dearborn can meet and then do stuff like go to the local police station and pay for a 'records check'.

Do we have enough Arabie speakers?

Any other safety ideas?

wait..wait...brother, whattttt do you mean sunni?

Do you mean the Ahul bayt are the real ahul al sunna or do you mean sunni as school of companions sunni?

Actually sunnis partcipate in the walking brother, it's not a problem at all.

Imam Hussain is for all humanity.

God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Isn't it amazing!! People from Iran, Pakistan, India, USA, Canada, Australia form a group under the banner of Shiachat and walk all the way from Najaf to Karbala.

People usually travel with the caravan of their countries. This would be the first caravan of multi-nationals. With brother @hasanhh, a sunni guy, holding the SC flag marching on the front. It would give a boost to shiachat popularity as well.

34 minutes ago, Laayla said:

wait..wait...brother, whattttt do you mean sunni?

Do you mean the Ahul bayt are the real ahul al sunna or do you mean sunni as school of companions sunni?

Actually sunnis partcipate in the walking brother, it's not a problem at all.

Imam Hussain is for all humanity.

God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Let me explain, in part, this way. l've read Ayatollah Khomeni is translation and in commentary. The stuff l read l agree with, yet to me he is kind-of "liberal" -in the good way.

Aesthetics and emotionalisms for me have always been a wrong. To use a neutral example, Mark 7:1-13 in the New Testament which correlates with Ayat 9:19; and as for that whiny emotionalism, as in lsaiah 58:4-6, the God-of-Noah, Allah-s.w.t. does want to see that but for us to behave ourselves to begin with --Ayats  42:24-26; 6:54; 4:146.

2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Kidding. How far is it?

Only 80Km

If you're not in practice, I advise you to start walking 3-4km in early morning hours and 3-4km before dinner.

Edited by Salsabeel

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

You all have been writing "march", not "crawl".

:grin:

Yes, the speed seems like crawling, but out of 24 hours, we can only give maximum 8 hours for walk, 8 hours for rest & other activities and remaining 8 hours for sleep.

So with a speed of 4km/hr, we can travel 32Km in a day quite easily. Those who are not regular in brisk walk may experience shin splint.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Brother - in 80km, we can show you the shia light 80 times.

You hold the alam, I will hold you...