Jump to content
Salsabeel

Plan a trip to Najaf & Karbala together under the banner of Shiachat?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

You all have been writing "march", not "crawl".

:grin:

Yes, the speed seems like crawling, but out of 24 hours, we can only give maximum 8 hours for walk, 8 hours for rest & other activities and remaining 8 hours for sleep.

So with a speed of 4km/hr, we can travel 32Km in a day quite easily. Those who are not regular in brisk walk may experience shin splint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

l fall into the sunni category so l probably get excluded.

Brother - in 80km, we can show you the shia light 80 times.

You hold the alam, I will hold you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a tough procedure. Since people here are from all parts of world. People would need to take some time of and plan.

I don't know about other places but you need at least 5 people to obtain a visa for Iraq from my place. They generally don't issue single visas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

but you need at least 5 people to obtain a visa for Iraq from my place. They generally don't issue single visas.

That is the problem I am facing at the moment. I have applied for a single visa which is very difficult to get at this time while the Iraqi consulate has already delayed the process of granting visas. My agent told me that there is only 5% chance of getting visa at this point of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

I would love an arb3een ziyarat with @Marbles @starlight @Hameedeh @Abu Hadi @Miss Wonderful @hasanhh

Pick who you would want in your caravan and name the caravan

3shiq al Zahra :cry:

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

@Salsabeel

Great idea, but I think at this time it might be too late to realise the plans for the coming arbaeen. If people had more time logistics could be straightened out and a group could be assembled. In my case, I won't be able to travel to Iraq for the Walk this year. I have plans to go to ziarat with my mother, on her insistence, during the 'low season' in Feb/March next year. But even that isn't final yet.

Those who'd like to stay anonymous wouldn't find the idea appealing, but in our times it is becoming increasingly common to meet people with shared interests online and then continue the acquaintance/friendship in "real life." People online aren't all that anonymous and paranoid as they were during the early years of internet. Now, online has become just another way of building new networks of people. I am part of a travel group who, when it started, were all anonymous to each other, communicating through FB and Whatsapp, but with time many people met at get-togethers or met up abroad if they were travelling to the same country. Some even planned trips together. Same is true for other groups with shared interests.

 

Edited by Marbles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marbles said:

Great idea, but I think at this time it might be too late to realise the plans for the coming arbaeen. If people had more time logistics could be straightened out and a group could be assembled. 

Thanks, yes we're too late for the coming Arba'een. Anyway, I am pleased that most of the brothers & sisters have appreciated the idea and has shown their willingness to join SC Arbaeen group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

You need to plan at least 5 years in advance to do this successfully

No, I don't think so. Everyone can go with one international travel group like spiritual journeys. Easy peasy...

@shahenaz lol do we get a group discount ?

Edited by starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hassu93 said:

You need to plan at least 5 years in advance to do this successfully

It's too late for this year but we can definitely plan a successful trip for next year I. A. 

@Everyone

Let's make an intention for Arbaeen Ziyarat walk from Haram of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) to Aba Abdillah (a.s.). 

Do make a point in this thread and let us know your participation for year 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

It's too late for this year but we can definitely plan a successful trip for next year I. A. 

@Everyone

Let's make an intention for Arbaeen Ziyarat walk from Haram of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) to Aba Abdillah (a.s.). 

Do make a point in this thread and let us know your participation for year 2019.

I better start working out and getting in shape......for the walk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 12:04 AM, realizm said:

:salam:

Hmmm. If 20 millions go to Kerbala for arba3in, that means around and 1 out of 10 shias is there.

So there must be high probabilities for SCers to be there at the same time, why not just arrange a catchup while in Kerbala.

InshaAllah khayr :NH:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 11:50 PM, hasanhh said:

Can't we get something a little smaller? Then Carlzone can carry it.

Ù�تÛ�جÙ� تصÙ�Û�رÛ� براÛ� â�ªcarriers arbaeen flag+wheelchairâ�¬â��  Ù†ØªÛŒØ¬Ù‡ تصویری برای ‪arbaeen flag+wheelchair‬‏

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I think @hasanhh will prefer to sit in that cart. 
@Carlzone, get ready to push that cart.

l completely agree !

This way l enjoy my coffee and the scenery while she refills my cup as l roll along to Karbala.

Besides, as much chocolate as she says she consumes she definitely needs the weight reduction.

But to make it easier for her, we'll put 6-inch or 8-inch wheels on the coffee-cart-with-seating. Less rolling resistance, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I think @hasanhh will prefer to sit in that cart. 
@Carlzone, get ready to push that cart.

Why the "angry" reaction?

l did suggest this:

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l completely agree !

This way l enjoy my coffee and the scenery while she refills my cup as l roll along to Karbala.

Besides, as much chocolate as she says she consumes she definitely needs the weight reduction.

But to make it easier for her, we'll put 6-inch or 8-inch wheels on the coffee-cart-with-seating. Less rolling resistance, you know.

lf 6-or-8 inched wheels aren't what you'd prefer, we can do it this way:

https://www.americaninno.com/chicago/northwestern-students-pedal-iced-coffee-on-a-cargo-bike/ 

ls this better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×