Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

is it shirk to talk to jinn

Rate this topic

I’ve heard you have to be in an extremely unusual vulnerable emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical state for you to be able to see jinn. 

• Advanced Member

I wouldn't recommend speaking with Jinn.

Just do your wajibat and mustahabat and then focus on your own life. If speaking to jinn was productive then the holy qur'an would recommended or they'll be accounts of ahlulbat (a.s) doing it. 

• Veteran Member

If someone saw a jinn I would think he's hallucinating to be honest, unless he proves he's not.

An uncle of mine, however, works with them with good intentions as far as I am concerned (he has dedicated himself to that field in Iraq and is actually renowned there, but there is a life of study and dedication behind him). As far as I know, what he does is not haraam, as long as he is aware there is no harm in it. Nonetheless, our narrations advise us that there will always be more exhaust and energy loss than any gain in relations with jinns.

Anyway, from sayyed al Sistani's Q&A, I share the fiqhi standpoint here:

Question: Is invocation of the jinn with a view to solving the problems of the faithful permissible?

Answer: If it puts a person in harm’s way, it is harãm, and therefore forbidden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 10/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, yusuf44a said:

if your not worshiping them can you interact with jinn?

Shirk is when you include somebody along with Allah.

In regards to conversating with JINN, I would suggest you to be on a safer side not to befriend them unless you are mature and experienced enough to know whether its a believing or non believing jinn.

Again, my suggestion is NOT TO.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

It is scary to talk to jin:ranting:

I believe most scariest thing is the fear from creation. Otherwise, Jinns are also creation of Allah (AWJ). I have not seen anyone possessed by Jinns except at the doorsteps of those who have personal friendship with Police Jinns and they ask police Jinns to make liberate people from mischievious jinns inside them. And those Police Jinns do that for free for that person. Jinns are not like people have made it.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

It is scary to talk to jin:ranting:

Prophet (pbu) & Imsm Ali (as) talked with them also there is stories that Jins were asking asking from other Imams (as) like as imam Sadiq (as) & imam Reza (as) ,also they was asking questions from Ayatollah Behjat (ra) & he said if you faced with them don’t afraid from them ,our fear from them is because of our weakness in our faith if we have strong faith we don’t afraid from them 

ayatollah Behjat talks about jinns in Najaf

ayatollah Behjat speech about talking of Jins with Imam hussain (as) :Imam hussai(as) didn’t allow them to intervene in battle for testing humans 

Do Jinns exist?

also Wahabi moftis said that if you find them ،you can eat their meat :grin:

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Veteran Member

Salam,

Just to share an experience talking to a person who was possessed by jinns ( family of jins).

The person became so strong and none can stop the person. 

Finally, i stepped forward and talked to the person (the voice sound very different).  Why are you (to the jinns) interfering into somebody else life? To keep it short, i told the jins to leave. They left for good!

I don't want to have that kind of experience again, but I will tell the jinns to leave us alone. 

If the jinns want to interfere, I would ask them to seek permission from Imam Mahdi (as). Just by mentioning the name of Imam Mahdi (as) will make the Jinns to think twice.

Layman.

• Advanced Member
52 minutes ago, layman said:

Just to share an experience talking to a person who was possessed by jinns ( family of jins).

The person became so strong and none can stop the person

that person allowed them to possess him/her ,but if we don't allow they can't do anything toward us , people follow some false instructions to gain more wealth or power but they by doing that procedures allow to Jinns that posses them.

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, yusuf44a said:

if your not worshiping them can you interact with jinn?

Do not think about this subject if you lack knowledge. Because it often happens that people make them mental patients even if it is 100 percent surety that Jinns do not hurt them like a human gets hurt by his own superfluous haunting thoughts.

• Veteran Member

I have a distant cousin who is an exorcist. A young man. Some days ago he was telling me he has successfully dealt with 300+ cases until now. I related my encounter with one of the largest kinds of jinn, we call it a "Deo". Then I asked him about fairies. He said the ones who possess men are in reality the ugliest beings there can be and even in human form it will have its knees and feet in the unnaturally opposite directions. I asked him if he could introduce me to one anyway and he said its only possible through black magic. So I asked him why not with the so-called 'white magic'? And he replied that he never came across the good, believing type of that angelic fairy fairy probably because they follow shariah and do not possess men. I felt slightly disappointed after hearing all that for some reason. :sorry:

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

I have a distant cousin who is an exorcist. A young man. Some days ago he was telling me he has successfully dealt with 300+ cases until now. I related my encounter with one of the largest kinds of jinn, we call it a "Deo". Then I asked him about fairies. He said the ones who possess men are in reality the ugliest beings there can be and even in human form it will have its knees and feet in the unnaturally opposite directions. I asked him if he could introduce me to one anyway and he said its only possible through black magic. So I asked him why not with the so-called 'white magic'? And he replied that he never came across the good, believing type of that angelic fairy fairy probably because they follow shariah and do not possess men. I felt slightly disappointed after hearing all that for some reason. :sorry:

To your knowledge, how often and under what circumstances do these possessions tend to occur in your area? How many cases of possession are genuine vs. bogus?

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Northwest said:

To your knowledge, how often and under what circumstances do these possessions tend to occur in your area? How many cases of possession are genuine vs. bogus?

It is difficult to say for sure. There are sometimes bogus cases too. For instance there was a girl and the molvi of nearby mosque and the girl would have fake seizures unless the molvi guy came over and recited over her for some time. The exorcists know about the symptoms and find out. Once I took a friend's child to another friend who practices psychiatry, as any educated man would. The boy was 8 or 9 and they said he was possessed. I looked at the child and he seemed expressionless, kind of sedated. Doc was praying when we got there at his place. When he started talking with the boy he all of a sudden peed over his couch. Doc got distressed very much. He asked us to take the child back to the meeting room. Sitting there the boy peed again. After that he refused to treat him and asked us to leave.

These possessions in my area, the ones I know of myself, usually take place with children. Perhaps 1 in a 1000. Its rare. Bogus cases are also there and involve adults mostly I think. I am no expert in this, by far.

• Advanced Member
On 10/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, 2Timeless said:

I'm too scared to do it even if I knew how. I just didn't think its even possible. I still don't. 

Oh, it's possible and very easy. Anyone can interact with Jinn, you don't need to be "special" or "chosen" to do it. I've read about black magic and the things you need to do to summon a jinn are straightforward but when I say summon, I really mean summon, so the spell you cast would be specific to a type or group of jinn, thus why, you would never get the good jinn around. Besides that, good jinn and men alike know that it is prohibited for us to meet one another so they would refuse the call even if we had somehow known how to call them. 

The devil's ecstasy is feeding off the negative emotions we emit, especially fear so it's no surprise they're attracted to humans who are broken or breaking emotionally and spiritually, as they're more vulnerable to feed on and linger around. 

Be warned, if you show them interest, they will show you interest and I learned that the hard way. And of course, if you realize you may have encountered moving shadows in your house, you'll need to get that checked quickly.

• Advanced Member
On 1/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, The Green Knight said:

. For instance there was a girl and the molvi of nearby mosque and the girl would have fake seizures unless the molvi guy came over and recited over her for some time. The exorcists know about the symptoms and find out. Once I took a friend's child to another friend who practices psychiatry, as any educated man would. The boy was 8 or 9 and they said he was possessed.

theses are signs of frauds that are using ignorance of people the number of people that can fight with possession by Jins are very rare also we have Duas & procedures from our Imams that can fix their problem but people trust to frauds than true sources .

• Veteran Member
On 1/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, A_A said:

The devil's ecstasy is feeding off the negative emotions we emit,

David lcke said the same thing about the “Djin” “masters” that control the world (how they feed off negative emotions).

On 1/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, A_A said:

Be warned, if you show them interest, they will show you interest

I was going to watch a documentary on them on YouTube but now that you say this I am reconsidering :worried:

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ejaz said:

David lcke said the same thing about the “Djin” “masters” that control the world (how they feed off negative emotions).

I was going to watch a documentary on them on YouTube but now that you say this I am reconsidering :worried:

Watch the documentary, it shouldn't do anything but reading about them from specific sources and talking about them will grab their attention if you do it constantly. What happened to me wasn't all that bad, I just had a dream and knew that was the signal to stop researching the field I was researching at the time. It works at levels, you aren't going to jump from 1 to 100 with them just from a documentary but you'll see flags along the way; dreams, moved items, prying shadows, written messages before you get to the point of no return. 

I don't mean to scare anyone and if it's any consolation, I have done a lot of research on them and showed them interest but even yet, I am still in a safe zone because of, you guessed it, remembrance of God. 

Edited by A_A