Carlzone

Dancing

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

According to Ayatullah  fadlallah it’s allowed and it just depends on the lyrics. 

Thanks for the information.  I didn't know.  

On 8/16/2018 at 10:18 AM, Carlzone said:

When I was younger nobody told me that music was haram so unfortunately I listened a lot to it. Later I heard that some people claim that music is haram. I first thought that these people were crazy fundamentals, but then I found out that it actually was true that it is haram to listen to music. I stopped listening completely over a night. 

Prophet David (Dawood) a.s used to sing while the birds and the mountains and other animals and Mother Nature was making a nice beat. He used to make songs that praised Allah swt and appreciate Allah swt. Allah swt also sent him the Zaboor (psalms) to sing, to praise Allah swt.  

Other scholars have different opinions on music the most closest one to what I have mentioned above is Ayatollah sayyed fadlallah all kind of music is halal (there are also some pious Scholars that agree with this) the only thing that fadlallah made prohibited is songs that Have bad lyrics. 

6 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Prophet David (Dawood) a.s used to sing while the birds and the mountains and other animals and Mother Nature was making a nice beat. He used to make songs that praised Allah swt and appreciate Allah swt. Allah swt also sent him the Zaboor (psalms) to sing, to praise Allah swt.  

Other scholars have different opinions on music the most closest one to what I have mentioned above is Ayatollah sayyed fadlallah all kind of music is halal (there are also some pious Scholars that agree with this) the only thing that fadlallah made prohibited is songs that Have bad lyrics. 

Well I follow Sayyid Sistani so I can't listen to that.

(Q.69) Is it permissible for a Muslim to send his son to a music institute to learn music as an art, provided that he does not use his artistic skills in haraam matters?
There is no harm in children learning halal music as such. However, when sending children to music schools, there must be the guarantee that this would not adversely affect their upbringing. Allah is All Knowing.
(Q.70) Some schools in Western countries compel pupils to learn dancing. Such dancing is not accompanied by singing and it is not for pastime, rather a component of the curriculum. Is it haraam for the parents to permit their children to attend such classes?
Yes, if it contravenes religious upbringing, rather in general, as a matter of ihtiyat. That is, with the assumption that the student be adult. The exception to this is that the mukallaf has a valid reason permitting his learning, such as following in taqleed (The following, by a lay person, of a learned scholar "mujtahid" in matters of religious practice). Such a mujtahid may have ruled on the permissibility of this act; there will, therefore, be no objection to him attending such a study.
(Q.71) If the yardstick is the amusement or delectation, it is a grey area, for tastes and opinions vary and differ. So, when can one draw the line between halal and haraam music?
The crucial line is in it [music] being commensurate with the gatherings of entertainment and moral depravity.
(Q.72) Insofar as the melody is concerned, what is the standard of it being haraam?
Is it because it is used in singing perpetrated by the people of moral depravity, indeed? also, is it sufficient to judge it by the circumstance and the occasion? Is there any difference between, for example, using music in Hussaini commemoration gatherings or processions, Islamic songs, and other occasions?
The crucial factor, too, is the occasion of such gatherings. However, its use in a commemoration or other occasion does not lift its being haraam mutlaqan (absolutely or under any circumstances), as a matter of ihtiyat.

From Respected Aga Seestani RA website

Edited by Zulfiqar1472

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/46/2071/

It is permissible for a woman to dance in front of her husband to please and arouse him. But it is not permissible for her to dance in front of other men; based on obligatory precaution, she must not dance in front of other women also. (See the question-answer section below.)

4 hours ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/46/2071/

It is permissible for a woman to dance in front of her husband to please and arouse him. But it is not permissible for her to dance in front of other men; based on obligatory precaution, she must not dance in front of other women also. (See the question-answer section below.)

Thank you very much, but I'm talking about a woman dancing on her own alone at home according to Sayyid Khamenei or any other marja3 that allows it?

On 9/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, Carlzone said:

Thank you very much, but I'm talking about a woman dancing on her own alone at home according to Sayyid Khamenei or any other marja3 that allows it?

Before dancing infr9nt of husband she needs some practice so I think she can.

1 hour ago, Zulfiqar1472 said:

Before dancing infr9nt of husband she needs some practice so I think she can.

The thing is that sounds reasonable but Sayyid Sistani says yes to dancing for husband but no to dancing alone or to taking dance classes. 

I want to know if other maraje3 allow a woman to dance on her own when no one is around?

1 hour ago, Carlzone said:

The thing is that sounds reasonable but Sayyid Sistani says yes to dancing for husband but no to dancing alone or to taking dance classes. 

I want to know if other maraje3 allow a woman to dance on her own when no one is around?

ok,
What is the position of the sacred Sharia of singing?
I will summarize: singing and dancing is traditionally of the people of sin, but when this singing / dancing stagnates lust, brings a deep feeling of peace, it is permitted, but if it makes references to something haram, it is forbidden.

24 minutes ago, Shiat3Ali said:

My question is: is there a marja3 that allows a woman to dance when no one is around?

Do you mean that if I feel peace when dancing then I am allowed to do it?

Edited by Carlzone

2 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

My question is: is there a marja3 that allows a woman to dance when no one is around?

Okay, but this is problematic in the view of most marjas.

Just now, Carlzone said:

I edited my post, did you see the second paragraph?

Also, is there no marja3 that allows it?

Oh, no, bro, but in the same way, the question of feeling peace is only for music, to dance, as far as I know, there is no marja that allows

1 minute ago, Shiat3Ali said:

Oh, no, bro, but in the same way, the question of feeling peace is only for music, to dance, as far as I know, there is no marja that allows

But Sayyid Khamenei allows dancing when women are amongst themselves as long as it doesn't turn into a dance festival. 

Then why wouldn't a woman be able to dance on her own when no one is around?

But Sayyid Khamenei allows dancing when women are amongst themselves as long as it doesn't turn into a dance festival. 

Then why wouldn't a woman be able to dance on her own when no one is around?

Q1160. Is it permissible to dance the traditional dancing in wedding parties and what is the view on taking part in such parties?
A: Men's dancing is – by obligatory caution - ḥarām. If a woman's dancing among women is categorized as as lahw - e.g. the woman's gathering becomes a dancing gathering, it is problematic and should be – by obligatory caution – avoided. If dancing entails sexual excitation or committing a ḥarām act (like ḥarām music/singing), a non-mḥram man is there, or has bad consequences, it is not permissible. As far as this rule is concerned, there is no difference between wedding parties and other gatherings. If participating in dancing parties is done by way of supporting the commission of ḥarām by others or leading to committing a ḥarām act, it is not permissible either. Otherwise, there is no harm in it.

Q1171. What is the view on men or women dancing in the company of their mḥrams of opposite sex whether in-laws or blood relatives?
A: What is forbidden of dance is universal, i.e., irrespective of whether it is done by a man, a woman, or in the presence of one’s mḥram or non-mḥram.

Font: http://www.leader.ir/en/book/32/Practical-Laws-of-Islam

1 minute ago, Shiat3Ali said:
Q1160. Is it permissible to dance the traditional dancing in wedding parties and what is the view on taking part in such parties?
A: Men's dancing is – by obligatory caution - ḥarām. If a woman's dancing among women is categorized as as lahw - e.g. the woman's gathering becomes a dancing gathering, it is problematic and should be – by obligatory caution – avoided. If dancing entails sexual excitation or committing a ḥarām act (like ḥarām music/singing), a non-mḥram man is there, or has bad consequences, it is not permissible. As far as this rule is concerned, there is no difference between wedding parties and other gatherings. If participating in dancing parties is done by way of supporting the commission of ḥarām by others or leading to committing a ḥarām act, it is not permissible either. Otherwise, there is no harm in it.

Q1171. What is the view on men or women dancing in the company of their mḥrams of opposite sex whether in-laws or blood relatives?
A: What is forbidden of dance is universal, i.e., irrespective of whether it is done by a man, a woman, or in the presence of one’s mḥram or non-mḥram.

Font: http://www.leader.ir/en/book/32/Practical-Laws-of-Islam

Thank you for your help!

I have read this before. How do you interpret that? 

Would you say that a woman is allowed to dance on her own by interpreting those conditions?

Thank you for your help!

I have read this before. How do you interpret that? 

Would you say that a woman is allowed to dance on her own by interpreting those conditions?

so  both men and women should avoid dancing as a obligatory caution

31 minutes ago, Shiat3Ali said:

so  both men and women should avoid dancing as a obligatory caution

Men yes, but women are allowed to dance under the mentioned boundaries. 

But you didn't answer my question. Does that text mean a woman can dance on her own?

1 minute ago, Carlzone said:

Men yes, but women are allowed to dance under the mentioned boundaries. 

But you didn't answer my question. Does that text mean a woman can dance on her own?

if you think it is not clear, I recommend sending a question to his office, he responds quickly, about 3 days

How do you interpret it? 

that in any situation, the best thing to do is not to dance, by obligatory caution

Edited by Shiat3Ali

9 minutes ago, Shiat3Ali said:

that in any situation, the best thing to do is not to dance, by obligatory caution

Ok, I think that's true for men, but not necessarily for women. I'll have to check with Sayyid Khamenei.