Carlzone

Quran playing all day

Rate this topic

Salam aleykom, 

Is there any problem with playing the Quran all day long, even when you're not in your home and when you're sleeping? I know that one should always listen if one hears the Quran. Or does this differ if it's a live recitation versus a prerecorded recitation of the Quran?

On 10/5/2018 at 3:28 PM, Carlzone said:

Is there any problem with playing the Quran all day long, even when you're not in your home and when you're sleeping? I know that one should always listen if one hears the Quran. Or does this differ if it's a live recitation versus a prerecorded recitation of the Quran?

In my community we would always if we were stretched out sit straight when the quran would enter a room. Or if we were watching TV we would close it. So like the Qur'an says, if its recited, you have to listen to it. And the problem is, that we have very much everyday life activities we do. By this we would not be able to 100% listen to Qur'an. This would lead to taking the recitation easy ... So I would suppose that this is not a good idea to play it all day long, but if it is a part of the day, then it's ok.